• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread (Stop the Spam!)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This is a general questions thread, there are too many "Help with Bowser tactics" threads and it's becoming generally spam and a hassle.

I'll help with as many questions as I can, and if you feel you have a CORRECT answer feel free to jump in as well.

This will undoubtedly help clear the clutter on the Bowser boards as the one on the melee boards did. I'll be on as much as i can to help anyone who needs it.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
since spam is never fun i will keep it in this thread. i was just mesing around a few mins ago and i messed up the infinite jump on green hill zone and did a feint grab instead. i was just wondering if anyone else caught this and decided to work on it. you can do any move out of it and it seems to mindgame pretty good. discuss plz?

EDIT: lol at bowser being able to fair regrab on the ledge like marth in melee. xD

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
okay.

I just started playing with Bowser a few days ago. I decided I really like him. I'm getting better with him all the time. I won several matches today with him online. Against Goji (not his Bowser though lol) and Lange.

Thing is though, if I don't win I usually get murdered. I thought I would come here to ask what I should do against the faster characters. They always get in there and find a way to basically string together some big combos. I need to know how I can keep quick characters at bay and still be able to pound them.

Also is there a way to control the aerial movement after the side-b grab? Because when I do it right sometimes I can do well not a Kirbycide but a Bowsercide, it's pretty helpful especially when you have the same amount of stock but tons more damage or when your opponent has 1 stock only.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
okay.

I just started playing with Bowser a few days ago. I decided I really like him. I'm getting better with him all the time. I won several matches today with him online. Against Goji (not his Bowser though lol) and Lange.

Thing is though, if I don't win I usually get murdered. I thought I would come here to ask what I should do against the faster characters. They always get in there and find a way to basically string together some big combos. I need to know how I can keep quick characters at bay and still be able to pound them.

Also is there a way to control the aerial movement after the side-b grab? Because when I do it right sometimes I can do well not a Kirbycide but a Bowsercide, it's pretty helpful especially when you have the same amount of stock but tons more damage or when your opponent has 1 stock only.
On the subject of faster characters, Retreating Forward Airs into F-tilts gives you the spacing Bowser needs to deal with the faster comboesque characters. For kills you basically want to kill them with his stronger Aerials, i generally tend to avoid the Bowsercide unless its a last resort.

And the Bowsercide control involves if the opponent is DIing the opposite way or not.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Thanks. I have gotten a ton better just overnight lol.

I was pwning Lange's TL and ZS-Samus. I have yet to play Gojira again though.
Funny thing, my other main is Sonic. I main the fastest character and the slowest one.

I think I'm seeing a trend with you Bowser mainers, a lot of Kevin's.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
ways to get out of falco's CG? I know it's possible to jump out at ~50, and with upB at ~30, but unless they get stuck in the Up-B, they get a free smash off on you when you land.

Also, it takes less than 30/50% to be thrown to the ledge and spiked. So I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing ?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
don't let them grab your tail...;)

more seriously, just space. They don't have an awesome projectile, and thanks to air-dodging mario can't combo like he did in melee. I don't have much experience against them though.

Also, more specifics on why you are doing badly would help. In fact, if you can tell us why they give you so much trouble, it should answer your question, on what to do. Then we'd just need to take the solution and turn it into non-theory answers...;)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
ways to get out of falco's CG? I know it's possible to jump out at ~50, and with upB at ~30, but unless they get stuck in the Up-B, they get a free smash off on you when you land.

Also, it takes less than 30/50% to be thrown to the ledge and spiked. So I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing ?
Up B and cancel it off the Ledge St, just try and get away no matter what you can, if you have to take the smash it's something you have to do. But normally you can up B and grab the ledge from somewhere.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's useful to stay in the air and climb platforms quickly, but as an offensive tactic, it doesn't offer Bowser the equivalent of wavedashing or anything.

Bowser is better played on the ground and only going into the air when he's chasing into the air or off the ledge or is going to PoF someone via shorthop.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@ Diablo, it's called practicing man, theres no easy way to perform tilts. As they're already rather simple.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
You said earlier that in a CG you can up-b towards a ledge, but every time i've tried that i go drifting far away from the ledge and keep going. Is there a trick to getting the ledge or is it just good timing with DI?

Also is Up-b to the ledge still a good option for edgehogging? Or should i just fall drop to it like everyone else.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
what can people do to mess up your side B? I know opponent's DI can prevent bowsercide but is it possible for them to flip you around and you end up taking the damage?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
This is a weird one...

Today I was playing the All-Star mode, and I was fighting Fox and Falco on their level.

Falco was hanging on the ledge, I was at the top of the ledge and Fox was trying to attack me from behind.

So I fortressed, Falco was hit by it and it spiked him straight down.

Does Bowser's grounded fortress spike? Is this known?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
SB it has no spike properties but to explain what happened i believe you knocked Falco up and stage spiked him, which is really clever and made me laugh just reading it. So hats off to you.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Indeed.

Any stage with angled ledges might work wonderfully for that, then.

I need to test this out some more...

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
lol the other day I played teams with some friends and I went to koopacide and my teammate was recovering and when i grab and barrel rolled, I hit his cypher and the D3 i grabbed got knocked out of the Kcide but I fell to my death. Oh yea, ds klaw is crazy fast as said before, I think i can see myself using that more that ds fortress.

R i p

Smash Cadet
Koopa Claw seems too slow/small on smaller human opponents. Tips on execution?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Koopa Klaw is harder to land because they're moves are usually faster to execute, to land one RIP just punish AS SOON as a move ends.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm sorry Kevinnn :( i'm recording vids again soon hopefully so if those don't come up i'll just upload more recent ones anyway. <3 hah

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
Hello,
My name is .::Link::. (Connor if you like formality) and I main Bowser despite my misleading screen name. So far Bowser seems to be the best **** character of all time! I've tried many techniques posted here and so far I have had trouble with just one, The Infinite Jump. I can perform the task at its most simplistic stage but when doing the 0 lag aerials during the jump I find myself 100% stumped. I just don't know how to do it or I just plain can't do it. I was wondering if someone could explain to me in detail how to do this. It's been bugging me for so long! Thanks in advance!

-Link-

P.S:
This is the video I refer to- http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1wx0bz_6FQ

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'm looking for some Bowser critique as I'm nowhere near that great.

If you have the time, please check out my vids here, and tell me how I can improve. Thanks!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nakamaru if you wouldn't mind reasking that question in the "Mathcups" Thread i'm sure you will get better and more thorough answers :D

Top Bottom