• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bomb Soldier Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
this whole thread is nothing but spam, not to be the biggest pessimist ever (actually, i don't really care) but i think its a little late to be doing this, not only for shooting for a summer tourney in which all of this happens, but brawl is coming out soon anyway (now everyone argue with me about some unity crap, whoop dee doo) you guys are trying to make a utopian sense out of a video game.

i like how you repremand everyone else for "spam" but don't say anything about how much mana just whines about the kishes and their god forsaken FC tournament. oh noesssss, people that have been hosting tournies for a decade want to run good tournaments in the middle of the country where it is cheap for everyone to travel, what a travesty. . . besides, i hear those kishes are serious *******s

and all this stuff about SoCal is the best because they can go to the beach and to disney world and all this jazz. i thought they were smashers, not cancer plauged last wish foundation candidates.

how about this, i'll give pc chris 5 bucks, he'll give it back to me because PC doesn't seem like the kind to take donations, PC will then win a tournament, fly to Japan, play bombsoldier, record it, then either

A. PC will win and i won't care

or

B. Bombsoldier will win and i won't care

GA sucks at smash

just1111

Smash Journeyman
hurray for JP fanboys.... socal should just fly out to japan and sux all their *****. I bet they'd love that.

:edit:
spam spam spam spam spam spam

just1111

Smash Journeyman
btw... i think tong > bombsoldier anyday... let's raise money for him to come to gsu.... we only need like 3million.... f'real i wont steal anyone's monies.

mathos

Smash Champion
What's wrong with it being closed.

In fact I think we should start a thread to help me pay for my taxes. I mean if I can't them then no one gets to see the art of real spam.

Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser

Wife

Smash Lord
Why are we donating money for Bombsoldier when we have mathos right here in America?

Nurok

Smash Lord
I have an idea
lets do nothing at all and let bombsoldier pay for himself to get here, if he wants ot be herethat badly, he would work up the money....
why should we waste money when BS can work up the money himself, maybe win a few tournies, save up, then go to America?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i dont mean to chime in with negative energy, but does anyone else think that $3500 could be used to operate a sweet tourney, with a nice venue and rented out setups and stuff, or maybe something equally supportive to the community? as much as i love bombsoldier (obviously hands down greatest falco in the known universe and beyond) and would like to see him come to america, it just seems like that money could be used more efficiently.

thats just my opinion..... bringing him out here is a great idea and a good gesture towards him and japanese smashers, but the logistics seem off.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I have an idea
lets do nothing at all and let bombsoldier pay for himself to get here, if he wants ot be herethat badly, he would work up the money....
why should we waste money when BS can work up the money himself, maybe win a few tournies, save up, then go to America?
not a very well thought out argument. i realize i am speaking out of ignorance as well, and hopefully someone can clear this up. but i'm pretty sure he can't get a job because he has to work for his family, therefore he can't "work up" the money, secondly japanese don't really play for money (only from what i've heard) so thats not a great solution either

edit 1: i still stick my previous post though, i'm simply saying you should be better at arguing

edit 2: g-reg. i want play you

Drephen

Smash Master
like i said moving the japanese to the ec isnt an easy idea. They do not want to tour the ec, unless you can show me the ec has disneyland without including florida, plus if the japanese go to the ec it means the ec takes care of them. You pay for their meals, and they eat expensive alright, you pay for their admissions in to disney world , buy their food there , etc. When they come to america they dont bring a dime on them thats how it works.
sounds like they should be more responsible. If they need help with travel money, then i think we should help with that. But for disneyland and entertainment? **** that. You saying that they wont come if they dont go to disneyland? Then let the selfish *******s stay in japan. If you coming to America you come to play smash. Everything else is on their time.

We take the responsibility for them in the wc and before so they know how it works. In japan guys like bombsoldier are celebrities, even other japanese players know so because americans are willing to do so much for him and not other smashers.
celebrities? sorry but this is a video game. Never considered pc or ken celebs. Sounds to me like these guys are really arrogant and stuck up.

and besides, we have mathos right here in good ol' USA, best spammer period

Nurok

Smash Lord
I'm horrible at arguing
v.v
but I do think they pay you...
and if Bomnbsoldier DOES work for his family, THEN I'll consider.
But still, the money should be wasted on something more important, like ion the next few months, the biggest tournies...

GAwes

Hidden Boss
come on guys, get serious

look, as long as we are on topic

i'm looking to get PC down to GA, now that MLG is gone, that looks unlikely.

so here's what i'm thinking

3000 dollars

2000 for me to rent out the GA aquarium ballroom for the tourney, i mean, i know there are much cheaper places, but come on, we gotta be as true to the spirit of wasting money as possible

1000 dollars to fly pc down here from new york, go to the tourney, and have a nice italian seafood dinner with me each night. Now, don't expect him to play you if you donate, he gets tired and grumpy rather easily.

oh yeah, one more catch

so, i plan on recording matches of him playing the best people here, but i'm not going to release them in the traditional sense. I'm thinking. . . i'll wait about 8 months, and release a dvd, cause i know all you teenage smashers have the money for that as well, and you can just buy that from me also.

seriously though, please support this, i won't be taking any money, to recap

you pay - money
you get - the chance to buy a dvd and hear me talk about me and pc at olive garden

mog112

Smash Ace
No your right, but giving someone an experience that they will never forget is. Especially one who's family lives in poverty.
perhaps but you should raise money for everyone thats in poverty then or anyone else that will recieve an experience they will never forget.

even if bombsoldier is the best smasher on the planet, he is still not $3000 much less $100 important than any other good smasher.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Kamikaze falco,
lets think about it for a moment.
Everyday, in the country, i believe that a whole lot of money is given to poverty. I dont know the exct figure, but there are TONS of funds for poverty, and i mean TONS.
WHy should we pay more for some kid, instead when we can use all that money on other ppl who are in worse condition? no family, no home, no money

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
does he really have to go to Disneyland, cause if you do take him he's gonna want a mickey mouse hat and you'll have to pay and extra 200 dollars to get his name in Japanese symbols

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Atlantic South is kicking some major *** in this thread, so I will join the effort with my fellow brethren:

Honestly: Bombsoldier will have other opportunities to get money. It's a nice gesture to offer to raise money for the guy, but come on; this is a video game. New and old smash players will come and go as the years go by, there will be better and worse players. I find it rediculous to be putting forth that much effort just to have a kid from Japan (I <3 Japan btw, always wanted to visit since Japanese is the closest I have to a second language) come over for a short while, play people and lose/win to them, and then head back.

I've got to agree with GAWes on his points, they seem to make the most sense from all of this.

*conclusion*

Reflex sucks.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
and then there's the price of bribing everyone in line to get on the rides first and not wait in the hot california sun. God forbid a drop of sweat falls from his beautiful face!. boy oh boy what a trip.

I would donate a small bit if i had the means but I don't however I would sooner donate to the PC Chris fund that wes proposed :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
AS Money-traveling concerning 2006 looking at MLG's and OC2, I didn't count a name if it was a tournament in your region, so Chicago didn't count for any midwest players. New York didn't count for any EC players. Vegas/Anaheim didn't count for any West players. And I'm also sure I missed a few names, largely because I don't have who traveled to FC6 from the west/east coast.

West Coast: Ken, Isai, Manacloud, Hugs, King, BloodoftheFallen, Hyuga
East Coast: Husband, Wife, KoreanDJ, Chinesah, Kaiser, Chillin, Azen, PC Chris, Mew2King, Jblaze, KillaOR, Neo, Forward, DA Dave, Chu Dat, Wes, Cort, Hayato, the list goes on...
Midwest: Dope, Tink, Eddie, Drephen, Watty, Vidjo, Darkrain. You can scratch a few of these names if you take away MLG Orlando (watty, vidjo, drephen, and darkrain).
South: Caveman, Rob$...I'm sure a few others maybe, FLT?

Here is the deal with this thread:
I'm closing it for now. It is obvious that this was either a bad idea or premature. I will allow a NEW thread to be created under the following criteria:
-AFTER OC3 has been announced, so we no longer have to deal in hypotheticals
-State the exact amount needed and what each penny will be used for. Last I heard plan tickets between Japan/the west coast run around two grand round trip, not three. This is a charity idea, and with most charities someone keeps track of just where every penny goes to make sure nothing goes to waste.
-Who the representatives are for each region, and who the head of this "project" is.
-Keep a running tally in the first post on who has donated what and to which representative.

The problem with this thread is two fold. First, it sprung up out of no where, before we even have a confirmed OC3. Second, it has become territorial, with each region wanting a peice of the action (being bombsoldier). This makes sense to, you give money, you expect a return on your investment. Here is the deal though guys, and this needs to be made clear in the next thread: This is not an investment. You will most likely see no return on your money donated. This is a charity.

On a personal note, how I look at it: If you have ever watched a Bomb Solder video and thought to yourself "well, I wonder how he would do against some of America's best players?" than maybe donating isn't such a bad idea. The west coast has many great players, and certainly players from other coasts will travel to the west coast, the resulting videos that will/can be produced should be enough to warrent, say, a $5 donation.

If you disagree send me a PM with your reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom