• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DC

Smash Cadet
In BBCT? Lmao sure...

Hey, DC, I'm going to some Florida tournament on April 10th.

Will we finally realize our dreams of playing Arcana Heart together?
You realize I've never played AH, right? lol Really want to, though.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Where the **** are the results?
BlazBlue

1 Ivysaur (Atlanta, GA) [Carl]
2 Zoogstin (Greensboro, NC) [Carl]
3 Xcrosss (Guaynabo, PR) [Nu-13]
4 Skeletal Minion (Birmingham, AL) [Hakumen]
5 Solidplay020 (Bessmer, AL) [Carl]
5 Daysoo (Atlanta, GA) [Tager]
7 Lord Knight (Robbinsville, NJ) [Litchi]
7 Kenshuma (Shreveport, LA) [Litchi]

Georgia. ~<3

Lol, I gave you my rap about why I stopped playing this bull**** in tournaments. Good **** getting in Top 8, though, Tim. you've gotten a lot better. I'll still whoop that ***, though, lol. Good **** to you, Geoffrey, if you read this. You got GA the gold. i'll whoop that ***, too. lol.
Haha, thanks man.
CT is pretty whack, I know. I bet Geoffrey is sleeping sound at night on that pillow made of money. XD
I can't wait for CS to be released, I'm pretty excited about it.
I know you're on that Tekken and SFIV again, but you should still play some BB. :D

Coffee™

I need it....
3 Carls in the Top 5? What is this bull****?

Can they all legit clap loop or are you guys just ****ing around?

-DC

GA Peach

Smash Lord
BlazBlue

1 Ivysaur (Atlanta, GA) [Carl]
2 Zoogstin (Greensboro, NC) [Carl]
3 Xcrosss (Guaynabo, PR) [Nu-13]
4 Skeletal Minion (Birmingham, AL) [Hakumen]
5 Solidplay020 (Bessmer, AL) [Carl]
5 Daysoo (Atlanta, GA) [Tager]
7 Lord Knight (Robbinsville, NJ) [Litchi]
7 Kenshuma (Shreveport, LA) [Litchi]

Georgia. ~<3

Haha, thanks man.
CT is pretty whack, I know. I bet Geoffrey is sleeping sound at night on that pillow made of money. XD
I can't wait for CS to be released, I'm pretty excited about it.
I know you're on that Tekken and SFIV again, but you should still play some BB. :D
like i said, i might play CS, but i am undecided as of right now. Geoffrey followed my advice. CHEAT THE HELL OUT THAT MAN!!!
3 Carls in the Top 5? What is this bull****?

Can they all legit clap loop or are you guys just ****ing around?

-DC
considering that clap loop is the easiest thing ever to land and execute, they probably can...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow.
Did FL not even enter BlazBlue? o_0 I wanna see full results.
Doesn't really surprise me that much since I figured they would all quit around the time I did.
Literally every tournament would be finished with really pissed off people. I can't name anyone except for one person who
was not like "man **** this game" after I beat them. lol.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol no it's not. Doing it right is not easy.
well, from talking to the Carl players in our state, and them telling me that **** is free, and being able to do it myself without a whole lot of effort, i'm gonna go with it not being difficult at all. like all combos, just commit it to muscle memory, and it's done.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
To be fair, I'm still more consistent with my Dizzy's ice spike FRC IAD combos and bubble loops in Accent Core than I am with complete legit clap loops on Noel, Taokaka, and Carl even though I've spent probably about 100x longer practicing the clap loops. The loop is only easy on v-13, Arakune, Tager, Bang, and to a very slightly lesser extent, Ragna and Litchi.

Zoogstin and I were both dropping clap loops like mad in grand finals, the difference was that he was breaking the throw and giving me a free reset while I just took the damage and escaped when he dropped it.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Getting timed out in tournament has to be the worst thing ever.
Not when you are playing against Tager vs. V-13.
Its a bit expected. =\
Pretty much.
If the Nu player plays the matchup right, it's entirely too likely.
See the Ribaia (V-13) vs. Galileo (Tager) match for an idea.

I thought Carl could get out of the loop?
Haku-men, Rachel, and Ragna can escape.

Haku - Grab break, drive.
Rachel - Grab break, wind.
Ragna - Grab break, inferno divider the wrong way, then use 50 heat to rapid cancel the hit, and air dash away.

Oh, Ragna~

DC

Smash Cadet
Derp I know who all can get out but I thought Carl could get out with his own Nirvana.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5476/ragnabackground.png
(i have the template psd version of this if u want this design)
redid a ragna stick template. who wants me to make them some cool stick covers o.o
Ooh! Ooh! I want one.
For a design, surprise me!
Hint: I like pink, and don't like game specific sticks~ (IE: Character art)
Oh, and I have a TE.

Derp I know who all can get out but I thought Carl could get out with his own Nirvana.
Herpa derp durp.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Using the doll to push Carl out of the way is very very situational, and the person doing the loop can just change it a bit to move away from the other Nirvana anyway.

Carl breaking the throw and doing 236236]D[ can work.

Noel can break the throw and air super, so can Litchi. Litchi's is guaranteed to work and let her escape as long as she has the staff and 50%, Noel's isn't a guaranteed escape but can work.

DC

Smash Cadet
You're right, I'm sorry. But it's invincible until the screen freezes (aka the background turns blue) which is less than a few frames? Not longer than the clap bubble duration. I've tried this before I believe.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
In theory, it's just a really weird mixup.

If Carl does the clap loop with normal timing, delay the throw break as long as possible, then air super. The clap is almost gone by the time you break it, so those extra few frames of invincibility are enough. (28 clap frames vs ~26 added purple throw frames + 4 air super invul frames)

Then, the Carl could try delaying the clap a bit to catch the super... in which case you should be able to break the throw immediately, then airdash away (maybe only on specific throws during the loop though, I haven't tested this thoroughly; if this is the case, the throws farthest from Nirvana or closest to the ground).

(but who cares, CT is dead)

DC

Smash Cadet
Change your ****ing gamertag back

How the **** did GF not get recorded? lol

Also I stopped watching after you bursted at near full health.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Change your ****ing gamertag back

How the **** did GF not get recorded? lol
Its bad enough ive spent 50$ making a full circle trip back to my original tag, so no.

takeurlife2
10$
Lionheart
10$
AtticusTheWise
10$
N0ahallen
10$
November_23rd
10$
Takeurlife2

i hate microsoft....

EDIT: and some genius didnt push 'record'

DC

Smash Cadet
Seriously stop bursting so god**** ****ing early holy ****ing **** what is this ****... amateur hour?

DC

Smash Cadet
No you lost that round you ****wit

You don't even play with me anymore :(

황미영

Smash Champion
So according to my friend I have ******** pressure with Tao, and yet it works. He makes it seem like a bad thing, someone explain to me how it's bad? >;

The only videos I have of myself are on my youtube but they are crappy matches. xD

DC

Smash Cadet
LOL.. here's an excerpt interview from Arc System Work's Tomo Ohno....

You know: Some people like *** and some people like breasts. You like *** you go for Noel. You like breasts you go for Litchi. Simple as that. But for example. Taokaka the cat character. That is designed for the cosplayer. It's the easiest thing to do the cosplay play. You dont show your face, you just put on the mask, it's the easiest thing.

Also, Carl's purpose is quite interesting. The boy with the Robot. We are actually aiming at women. Late teens, early twenties. They associate themselves with the robot, they like helping the young boy. So... there's a unique and also strange culture in Japan. There is a huge community of girls who write manga, and sell things, and most of them have something to do with young boys. I don't know much about it. (laughs)

황미영

Smash Champion
Hey! That's not the reason I play Tao!

What if some people like Noel's DFC...? >w>;

Yeah, I'm some perverted freak. ;O

DC

Smash Cadet
Please, I'm the DFC king.

Why do you think I call myself DC?

Top Bottom