• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I don't get it... are you saying that Heat is is actually the translated version of Tension?

Indeed he plays Jigglypuff; if he wanted to call it Purin that's cool... for that is it's Japanese name. W/e.

Again I don't care what you call it I just found it funny that some people go out of the way to call it Tension for no reason, personally I just say Heat, or more often I'll just say meter.

So I guess the D button is called Dust?

But who knows knows, maybe this is semantics, I'll still say "super" and "DP," but it seems like those two (along with "meter") and pretty universal to almost all fighting games. If you called the meter in SFIV "Tension" people would wonder wtf you're talking about.

tl;dr I contemplate the meaning of life.
A game with similar game mechanics made by the same company, played by people largely of the same community as Guilty Gear and you wonder why some people might call it tension? I must be an idiot too since the first couple months I called it tension. Do people always say barrier and not faultless? Or perhaps we should remind ourselves that it's barrier burst and not burst.

Who cares whether or not they go out of their way to say one thing or the other? people use whatever and we can largely understand what the heck is going on.

DC

Smash Cadet
What the hell is faultless? I've never heard anyone say faultless and burst could very well be short for barrier burst.

Read the third line again, specifically the first sentence.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol... Get online Zero.

I feel like playing with Rachel for some reason.

And I also feel like practicing Noel.

EDIT: lol I'll never understand the Tager matchup. Too many bs combos with atomic collider.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Beware, Hazama is already hinted at having a horrible matchup,
You mean, like, Hakumen can cut through them?

I mean, he could always own projectiles. It only sort of helped in his match-ups. None of them were massively in his favor.

Or do you mean something more general?

DC

Smash Cadet
Well in the new game Hakumen gets a gigantic ****ing barrier whenever he cuts a projectile.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've seen as much. I dunno, I feel like it can't be too terrible for Hazama, although I imagine it makes the match more defensive on his part, since it would make his only approach less effective.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
nu:
act pulsr has upper body invincibility (not attribute invincibility), can use in the air (whoa what?), when used in the air can land on the ground instantly (Going to need video footage most likely. Lack of info and general wtf?)

crescent has height limitation.
legacy can only be comboed from 5D
can use gravity field like a DP.

sexy

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
>.> The only thing I can't do consistently is Medium/Heavy Piano with E. Honda/Chun/Blank in SF IV.

My execution is spot on in the other departments on Xbox.

I also went all Tager at the tournament. Later in the day I got more used to the PS3 pad (still couldn't do 360/720) and ***** the top 3 placers (Arakune, Taokaka, Hakumen,) in MMs, but I'm still frustrated that I lost because of controller johns rather than pure PvP skill.

Rawr, Pad warrior

Laijin

Smash Hero
Seriously DC? I thought I already suggested to you guys to go play Tekken 6.
SnR does not look very fun. Its like bullet hell mixed with fighting. Seems like the bullets move waay too fast to dodge, and in my opinion that kind disqualifies it from being a bullet hell since you can't dodge them. That, and the game does not look very fun.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
T.T god **** are soooo good at these games man :\...i wish i could dodge **** UGH :\

DC

Smash Cadet
This might be the most boring thing people play competitively.
Your opinion is WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Anyways Benny we're gonna have a Senko no Ronde-fest next Saturday night at ZP. lol Don't worry I'll teach you how to dodge and use BOSS mode efficiently.

MIKA FOR LIFE BABY. I found a way to beat Jeff's Cuilan easy now.

EDIT: Oh and don't worry, at least your not as bad as Luis. You don't RAM INTO BOSSES.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh btw Noel has 8.5k damage unburstable combos (albeit character specific) when played frame perfect. But yeah man she's easy as hell to play remember?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we could goto tommy'gs "fest" were allowed to bring as much games and setups as we want and claim our own tvs with our own individual games. mario kart double dash ftw.

and yes i dont bluntly run into a boss lol

DC

Smash Cadet
Wow then I'm bringing a dedicated War Tech: Senko no Ronde setup.

Also I just ****ed some Taokaka's face online. She did her jump super and I buffered my ground super and jammed it into her ****ing face.

And either...
A. Inputs are WAY easier online.
B. Playing on a gamebridge is ****ing up my timing.

Stuff that is really easy online is harder offline. I can do Noel's bnb 100% online but I couldn't do it offline yesterday for some reason. The timing was way different but I'm not sure if it was because of online play or because I'm playing on a ****ing gamebridge.

DC

Smash Cadet
LOL Get wrecked.

Oh and Benny 3c made my Arakune BEAST.

BEAST.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
-_- when u use it probably. i ALWAYS 100% get punished for using it :\. not only does it NOT combo into ANYTHING (unless u rapidcancel into air bnb into 6cloop then its beast but VERY blockable) it has horrendous lag : <...thank god in bb2 3c can actually combo AND cancel itself :3 i cant wait to use it hardcore. arakune is gonna be so ****ing amazing.

DC

Smash Cadet
Don't you know that EVERYTHING works online Benny? Mindcombo grabs... midcombo 720s... I sharked a guy 5 times in a row once.

And don't even get me started with the UNBEATABLE, UNBLOCKABLE online Noel strategy. It's so good it even works on other Noel players. I've NEVER LOST doing it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im sorry dc, but its all about offline :\...i gotta deal with real strategies :\ i have to learn how to block rachel's unpunishable **** (unless i can ****ing counter assault correctly!) AND deal with nu hardcore. the timing has to be legit :\ i HAVE to time those traded hitz with my spitbug and her 5d.

seriously dc, pls play offline more. i want u to place with ur character seesh.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ online arakunes are ********...

they desperately try to land that "cloud" curse and then lol press every button.

want help beating those "ice car spammer" arakunes? seriously just block -_-... just wait out the curse meter and barrier 24/7 when u jump to avoid that ***** A bug and pimp B bug. Also chances are they dunno how to even combo from the initial cloud hit NOR take advantage of arakunes zoning abilities with certain clouds...only way to learn the matchup correctly is playing an offline arakune who knows how to 6c loop from every initial hit AND knows how to block.

DC

Smash Cadet
Um yeah I'm well aware online sucks lol.

I play online though because I don't care about this game... competitive-wise at least. Online or offline... I'm just playing for fun. I don't "practice," I just play when I'm bored... I only own 2 games for 360 anyways. I'm never going to enter tournaments, not worth it. If I was serious about this game I would have bought a TV already lol.

In all seriousness I think the story is better than the actual gameplay but that's just my opinion and since opinions can be wrong... hell I don't even know anymore.

It's good for learning matchups.
I guess, but online you don't have the chance to test out instant blocking things and see what you can punish.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you better be serious when bb2 comes out man :\ im trying so hard to learn how to play this god awful game...just to compete against rachel and nu lol...

Top Bottom