• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, I have the same issue in BB, funny that it seemed to all start once I got P4U. At least that confirms that it is definitely my connection. :/

Guess I could start by resetting my router before I play a game online again. I never had to before but it couldn't hurt. I should look into my settings more as well.

It was fun to play BB again though, too bad Relius is pretty bad and I didn't really know what to do anymore.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I find it funny that you think a character can't be bad in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Smooth Criminal
That's not exactly what I meant. Some characters will be better than others, but just because, say, Lambda zones out poor people like Ragna and Tager doesn't mean they're bad in my books. Rutger just made it look as if he was discouraged by some of Relius' flaws, which many a characters have flaws and strengths.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Eh, probably shouldn't use Ragna and Tager in your example, that match-up is not that bad for Ragna compared to Tager, haha. And characters can be bad, just look at 3S.

Relius is a bad character compared to the rest of the cast, mostly because other characters can do what he does more efficiently and for better rewards. With a few tweaks, he could be quite good. However, compared to CS1 Rachel/Tsubaki, he's pretty decent. I'm not sure I would say he's on the same level of EX Tsubaki and Makoto, but if he's better than them, it's only marginally so.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah my main focal point here is that while there are characters that are better, I wouldn't say that inherently makes him "bad". It sounds discouraging if anything. I mean, this game is meant to be fun just like any other title. Still, that just might be me.

And I'm not saying that characters can't be bad (I freaking play Smash Bros.), just that BlazBlue has it pretty good as far as balance goes in comparison to other games. So it's not as bad.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
*Played Tsubaki for much of CS1*

I don't think I can get too discouraged by low tier characters. :054:

Relius may not be as bad as some other characters, but his tools are not exactly good, I can only hope he gets better in CP.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Relius may not be as bad as some other characters, but his tools are not exactly good, I can only hope he gets better in CP.

Haha, yeah. As a CS1 Noel, I can totally sympathize.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

He's good against certain characters, Arakune comes to mind (I know he's a thorn in my scrubby side)

@Kuarado: well said. Not every game can boast the relative balance that Blazblue has enjoyed. There's always top tiers etc, but it's not as bad as many other games (smash included).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
TLambda zones out poor people like Ragna
That matchup is 5-5, whether Ragna players like it or not, imo.
And I'm not saying that characters can't be bad (I freaking play Smash Bros.), just that BlazBlue has it pretty good as far as balance goes in comparison to other games. So it's not as bad.
Smooth is right though, people are allowed to say their character is bad relative to the whole cast. It's not fair to make people consider only saying their character is bad relative to every fighter made. That's not how it really works. This even goes with comparing it to prequels.
Haha, yeah. As a CS1 Noel, I can totally sympathize.
I honestly feel that CS1 Noel was a good margin ahead of Rachel and Tsubaki, haha. Rachel had no damage output and struggled with everyone except Tsubaki and Arakune kinda. Tsubaki had low damage output for the most part but was unsafe on everything.
He's good against certain characters, Arakune comes to mind (I know he's a thorn in my scrubby side)
I don't see how he is, but I've only seen videos of the matchup. :ohwell:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You do realize that CS1 Noel was approximately in the same tier position as CT Noel, right? :p

Minato with the truth, as usual.

But...but...we ALL felt the same pain from Nu and Arakune. Cept for maybe those 2 and possibly hat boy...

And plus, when I got CT everybody sucked too so I didn't notice it nearly as much if that was true. Though I DO have the odd urge to go dig up and compare the tierlists from all 4 Blazblue games.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
From what I can remember of the tier lists, they generally go something like this (though of course they vary from source to source):

[collapse=CT]S: Rachel, Nu, Arakune
A: Taokaka, Jin, Carl
B: Ragna, Litchi, Noel
C: Hakumen, Bang
D: Tager[/collapse]

[collapse=CS1]S: Litchi, Bang
A: Taokaka, Arakune, Carl, Hazama
B: Lambda, Hakumen, Ragna, Jin
C: Noel, Tager, Rachel, Tsubaki[/collapse]

[collapse=CS2]S: Makoto
A: Noel, Hazma, Jin >> Litchi, Valkenhayn, Carl, Rachel, Taokaka
B: Tsubaki, Mu, Platinum, Hakumen, Lambda, Arakune, Ragna, Bang
C: Tager[/collapse]

[collapse=Extend]S: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Bang, Carl, Lambda, Hazama, Mu >> Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Platinum, Relius
B: Jin, Tager, Tsubaki, Makoto[/collapse]

Obviously, take with a grain of salt. I think that Extend one is probably due for an update, the latest one I could find was May 2012.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Extend one seems accurate, though I don't remember Tao being that high.

I can see why people would say it wasn't a big difference tier-wise as it's going from B- to C+, but at the same time it's also going from the middle tier to the lowest of the tiers, even though not the lowest of it. But I don't think there being an absence of a D or E tier instantly makes C tier awful, so you're probably right.

Ragna's CS2 position and Jin's CSX position both always surprised me, and I personally never really believed Hakumen in CS2 was middle of B tier and not a low A.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Every character in Extend is bad!

And then Tsubaki/Makoto/Jin/Tager are super bad.

And I also cosign everything Minato said, especially about cs1 rachel. /saltsaltsalt

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Wait, wasn't Ragna derp tier OP during one of the CS editions?

Then got reworked to still be OP, but less derp?

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The funny thing is for whatever reason I always got messed up when I tried those. Or those "Not over yet!" combos. And they weren't even complicated, lol.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
From what I can remember of the tier lists, they generally go something like this (though of course they vary from source to source):

[collapse=Extend]S: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Bang, Carl, Lambda, Hazama, Mu >> Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Platinum, Relius
B: Jin, Tager, Tsubaki, Makoto[/collapse]

Obviously, take with a grain of salt. I think that Extend one is probably due for an update, the latest one I could find was May 2012.

IIRC in the Extend tier list the order within the tiers didn't matter, so for example all S tier characters could be a contender for best character in the game.

As far as wishing for characters' tools goes, I hope that Litchi and Rachel will be good again (preferably just as good so it makes dual-maining easier :d) and I hope that Arakune dies in a hole, tortured by Relius in a slow and painful death. Ugh I hate his character design...

brb gonna shoot the guy who thought that making curse last for 8 days was a good idea.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

IIRC in the Extend tier list the order within the tiers didn't matter, so for example all S tier characters could be a contender for best character in the game.

As far as wishing for characters' tools goes, I hope that Litchi and Rachel will be good again (preferably just as good so it makes dual-maining easier :d) and I hope that Arakune dies in a hole, tortured by Relius in a slow and painful death. Ugh I hate his character design...

brb gonna shoot the guy who thought that making curse last for 8 days was a good idea.
Take the second part back ;.; (wants his Litchi+Arakune team to be viable on a personal level)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind arakune being bottom tier... or valkenhayn, or bang...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't want Bang to be bottom tier.

Just Furinkazan.
Well now that FRKZ is his overdrive, it at least gets a time limit.

Hopefully the thing that replaces it isn't equally as annoying.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was always okay with everything about FRKZ, I'm a little sad to see it get a time limit now.

Curse on the other hand, I want to see nerfed into the ground until it is unrecognizable. :mad088:

Top Bottom