• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good games, Minato. Dat freaking bubble. I didn't know the bubble connecting ACTUALLY did damage until I died from it. And yeah, Thor in tension filled/clutch situations will always be my enemy and make me look silly for doing sj.D. :cool:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Played this game after not playing it for a while.

Blah, blah, Mu stuff.

Get bored, pick Noel.

Noel, why you still so godlike?

Ah, she can't help it if wallbouncing Assault Through is awesome.

Oh, and off topic Lythi, but I got 999 for my DS in the mail yesterday and (spoilers)
After seeing everyone die before getting stabbed and floating facedown by a submarine, getting shanked by a Helghast wannabe, and axed by a crazed version of Platinum, I'm slowly starting to question if the game's just a matter of "so, how're you gonna die today?" and is a total mind-$#%@ by having there be NO True Ending. Which...would be original if nothing else. It's been awesome so far though, which is probably why I haven't been able to put it down. Even if it DOES seem odd to see f-bombs and pretty much any of Santa's language on a DS game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's really hilarious when people try to start mashing out, so I just do like something into 214D and pick up a full combo off of CH Assault Through. Omnomnom. :3

Ah, I know! 999 is one of the few DS games to have a M rating, I'm pretty sure. But yes, there is one true ending, but that game is full of all kinds of ****, it's awesome. There's also gonna be a sequel for 3DS.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
999 and SMT Strange Journey are the only M rated DS games I have.

I still need to get the true ending in 999.

I need to go back to Strange Journey as well and continue to have my enemies Die For Me, but I have other MegaTen games right now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's really hilarious when people try to start mashing out, so I just do like something into 214D and pick up a full combo off of CH Assault Through. Omnomnom. :3

Ah, I know! 999 is one of the few DS games to have a M rating, I'm pretty sure. But yes, there is one true ending, but that game is full of all kinds of ****, it's awesome. There's also gonna be a sequel for 3DS.

I almost in a sense kind of wish Assault Through didn't wall-bounce because I did it too much in CS2 as it was, but now even though most of the time that I do it is in combos, I'll sometimes try to find myself countering with a D so I can Assault Through, only for it to get blocked most of the time.

And sequel, huh? Well that's certainly interesting and is more incentive to get a 3DS. And money for said console. :cool:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Strange Journey not worth 2 play troughs IMHO. Such a gruelingly long game.

:phone:
All JRPGs are long, I wouldn't want to do a second playthrough of any shortly after completing one unless New Game+ is broken and there is something that is still new to do.

I haven't even finished Strange Journey, but that's because I get distracted by other games easily and rarely focus on more than a few games at one time. I enjoy SJ though. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Did somebody say... weeaboo?

It's true though.

One of the reasons that I'll never play SJ. I love me some SMT games, but that game just doesn't look very fun somehow.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
SJ is different to say the least, but I like it. I want to go back and finish it, maybe after I finish Nocturne since I'm getting close to the end in that, but I kind of wanted to return to DDS afterwards.

But if I must be on topic, I wonder how much P4A and GG might hurt BB when they come out. I know with P4A there are about thirteen characters I want to play so I will not look at BB for a while.

But I guess worst case scenario Arcsys just announces BB3 and the hype builds back up again. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love Nocturne. I haven't finished it yet, partly because I found it in a store weeks before P4 came out.
But I guess worst case scenario Arcsys just announces BB3 and the hype builds back up again. :/
This is what I'm thinking. Honestly, it feels like BB kinda died out. Outside of Japan, that is.
As for how the game is doing in Japan, I have no idea. The game just feels like it's getting stale. Plus it's not like there's worldwide competition to help it like SF4 has.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Nocturne is great, but the way skills are learned annoys me. Digital Devil Saga fixed that though.

But I found out what Magatama have what skills I want and now I'm about set. I think I have about four more dungeons plus the rest of the Labyrinth of Amala if I want to go for the True Demon Ending.

As for BB, we have been playing CS since about 09/10 and it has become a major improvement over CT but it's still been a long time and P4A and GG are looking like a nice change now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'll admit there's not really a track to stay on here sometimes. Oh well. Not like I'm one to talk when I pretty much spent 10 hours on my DS today and feel like I just faced an endless string of online Tagers...:glare:

But hey, was worth it.

Mind-messing fake-outs, and borrowing a bit from Chrono Cross with the 'chasing after the love interest to make sure you find them' thing just with the Kid/Serge roles reversed, aside of course. Wait...why am I saying 'aside'? Those things were good, in that they switched the ending from sad to confusing to kind of happy but still leaving you wondering. Though man, did I have a giant headache after pretty much working on it all weekend. Still way worth it though. :bee:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
BB has pretty much died out in Japan. P4U is the most played fighter over there now iirc. It's pretty much dead in the US too, everyone is migrating over to Persona once it drops(in FL everyone is dropping BB lol). I mean people will play BB now and then, but it won't be taken seriously till BB3.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just got some netplay in me.

I think I now understand. You can get away with the stupidest, easiest **** online. It's sooooo dumb.

:3c

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think my footsies and mobility tech have really died down since I got the stick lol. I managed to get my combo ability back, but not the rest yet.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mhmm.

Anyone want to add me and watch me fail to TK things? I've got a working Xbox again, so I can play on both systems

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Mhmm.

Anyone want to add me and watch me fail to TK things? I've got a working Xbox again, so I can play on both systems
I think I have you added, and I'd really like to, but I appear to be in the midst of a thunderstorm at the moment, haha.

Well, then don't I just sound silly. :bee:

That being said, there certainly is a lot of random stuff you can get away with online if you know what to try. Even beyond the typical spam bit.
I double-perfected this guy's Rachel. Then he picked unlimited Rachel, haha.

And against his Jin, he tried to hold his DP for the unblockable, so I jumped up and Thor'd him. And then I did it again.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Because Naoto can't be the only character with a mostly one move loop.

Now give Valkenhayn a basketball infinite please ArcSys.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Ragna's SMP combo looks almost like the basketball combo. Too bad it wasn't an infinite.

Top Bottom