• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Empirical

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a new poster in the MI community. I'm trying to find the chance to meet up with some of you guys. I missed/could not attend the last MI smashfest on the 21st. However, I am going to the OH midnoon mass in July 9th.

I had a few questions to ask you guys. The search function doesn't work, nor could I find any starting thread, but what is GS2 and where/when is it? Also, I was wondinerg if there will be any other tournies/smashfests around MI before July 9th (I can't seem to find any).

Thanks!
AIM: graveler2

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
God, I love when all my friend's 21st birthdays are in May. That means I get to mooch alcohol off them, and gt my buzz on. ^^

Me and "TheCape" talked about having the "Best Mario of the Country" match at FC, so I promised him I'd be at least decent by then, so I guess 1 month before FC, smadhefests at my house resume. ^^

Of cojurse, if that's cool withy Machels. ^^

D

Deleted member

Coming crawling back to smash already, Justin? Oh man too good...

Well if you plan on having that match with The Cape at FC, you better win the title back from me at the next "smadhefest" at your place rofl.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Originally posted by montross726
Well if you plan on having that match with The Cape at FC, you better win the title back from me at the next "smadhefest" at your place rofl.
Hey, Smadhefests are the place to be, man! I was pretty drunk when I wrote that. ^^ Where the hell the "d" and the "e" came from.....Mysteries of the booze fingers.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
haha, stamp is back!!

anyway this week i was planning on going to tehs on wednesday (i have to go to sumerset anyway), but after that im cool with going back to justins till fc (i mean smashfest seem wierd anywhere else lol... i mean its been like 2 years of straight smashfest at stamps) but really its up to what works best for everyone

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Can't have a smashfest tomorrow, but more than likely next week. The Stamp got a job as a bus boy. ^^ Plus, right now I'm going to get my G.E.D.. OH YEAH! THE STAMP'S IN ACTION!

jv3x3

Smash Champion
somerset cause i have gift certificate for there.... im kinda past the age where i go to malls 2 pick up girls. but theres still some good looking girls there, most work there though

and ill be over round 4 today, come one come all

jv3x3

Smash Champion
yeah matches today (at matches aka tehs), haha. james you going for sure? we will practice vs. double peach today

no. james is drivng hopefully or dave r is too. if we all go with dave r he is only planning on staying saturday though and if we are all with him i dont think we will have room for smog

p.s. i cant stay saturday night anyway, only friday

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
coo, well i dont know if i can go untill friday, cause my check SHOULD come in the mail if it dont then i guess im a broke ******* that needs to get his job REAL soon hehe. but it should come since im still in school. I dont really wanna drive there bymyself but would kinda like to leave around... 5 or 6ish? james is john going? i tried to call ashley this mornig but no answer :/
ALSO
my monitor DIED last night in front of my face, i couldent belive it :/
so i cant post unless im at schoo or somones house, i guess my moms computer is ok ;/

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
coo, well i dont know if i can go untill friday, cause my check SHOULD come in the mail if it dont then i guess im a broke ******* that needs to get his job REAL soon hehe. but it should come since im still in school. I dont really wanna drive there bymyself but would kinda like to leave around... 5 or 6ish? james is john going? i tried to call ashley this mornig but no answer :/
ALSO
my monitor DIED last night in front of my face, i couldent belive it :/
so i cant post unless im at schoo or somones house, i guess my moms computer is ok ;/

jv3x3

Smash Champion
james whats going on with gj??? are you going/driving???

what about teh/stro, u guys going with dave r???

anyway post soon u last minute ****s so me/dave can make plans

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
At first I was totally cool with Game Junkie. But now that I have looked at the amount of driving it will take, I am second guessing it. It is 254 miles and 4 and a half hours just from Ann Arbor to get there. I dont know if I am down with waking up super early smasing all day and driving a total of 9 hours just to lose my money.

Plus these dudes, upped the entry fee because I didnt sign up early; that aint cool.

On top of this I have some crazy traveling to do on thursday with my flight over to China and I at least want to relax a bunch.

You guys would have to do some major convincing, for me to go down there. It is almost a 90% no go for DeeerRRRRRR!

Justin.... I heard that you quit smash. Congrats on finishing up your GED!! That kicks *** man.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna quit until FC now. I didn't realize how close it actually was, and me and The Cape have to have a "Best Mario" match. I told him I'd at least play till FC so he can earn it, instead of just beating an out of practiced Mario. ^^

Not only did I take my GED, I got myself a job as a bus boy at a Ram's Horn. Well, they changed the name from Ram's Horn to The Mustard Seed Family Resturaunt. heh, such a gay name, but it's actually semi decent money. With tip outs, I'm basically making $8.00 an hour. Not good, but not too bad. Plus I get cash in hand every day with tip outs.

Dope

Smash Ace
wow, u got a job, u are practicing smash, and u got a GED, but why the **** dont u have your own cigs? lmfao gratz tho on the GED i kno that **** felt good. JV im coming to GJ im going to see if i can use my car since all i need is an oil change and we cant smoke in ur car, so **** your car lol. ill call u in a bit joe.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i think i seen the mail dude commin when i lfet for school so if im going i should know when i go home cong being drunk from the night before at school FTW

BTW daver get the **** over it i never win money at these things either yet i go every go**** time i can u ***. ive drove to Cinci before we got 4 drivers u tool

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
If we maybe had a place to stay on friday night I would go, but we didnt organize anything. I would probably go if we went tonight and if I didnt have to use my car.

Sorry for being a bit#h, but I drove last time.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Remember biznitches! Smashfest on Wednesday in the greatest basement of all time! We gotta start it at 5, though. Even though I technically work 9-3, I usually run 30-45 minutes late with clean ups and waiting for the slowass waitresses to tip me out. Then I need to walk home, shower up, and change out of mah work clothes. So be there at 5, or be square like a *****!

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
yah and someone needs to start playing G&W... in case i play u or vidjo (altho i was an usmash away from being the only person to beat vidjo in a round at GJ).

it woulda been sweet to say that i beat dope and that i was the only one to win a round against vidjo (leaving out the minor details XD)

Empirical

Smash Rookie
I'll be over for the smashfest today with my friend. We are from Saginaw and hopefully we'll provide some challenge. See you later

Dope

Smash Ace
that is if i go alex, but yes, u could hitch a ride, but im still not sure if im going via court trouble, get on AIM more *****.

btw me and joel comin to justins today, i think joel is anyway

jv3x3

Smash Champion
james did you get my controller?? i mean seeing as you left me and all (and dave r posted he wasnt going u noob).

Empirical + friend (sorry i didnt get ur name)

heres a list of the characters that everyone kinda plays semi-seriously/semi-good and that shows up often to smashfests. with some recommendations and all that. obviously if you wanna play a character that someone already plays thats cool, just dont play only characters everyone uses.... maybe like 1 is a secondary/or counter main. but playing different character amoung regulars at fests helps make everyone better and gives um character experience. like the marth player was saying he never had any fox experience, that stuff makes a lot of difference. we used to all try and play different characters but have gotten away from it some (but not too much). but im back in serious mode till after fc.

so here goes

stro- marth, doc (well should be... beat my sheik in the set for like the first time ever), samus*, GW

tehownage- hell if i know... plays a lot, but doesnt seem to settle into a main. Peach, sheik, jiggly, and his doc looked pretty good yesterday too.

lipton- mario, falco*, falcon*

joel- GW, Sheik, ness * (you should start playing him more again)

dope- Falco and only falco in tourneys (considering everytime he switches off in tourneys he loses). Roy*, Kirby

phatassrock- zelda, luigi

mikey- peach

john- gannon, pikachu

me- fox, sheik, zelda, yoshi, ics*

* means kinda. I think we could use a top falcon, jiggly, y.link, ics, dk, pika, and luigi and to a lesser degree ganon, samus, falco, peach, and marios (well not doc if both teh and stro start using him)

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
manzzzz you fustah make it yo -_-" it aignt no party with out the niggz james and jv3v3 -_-" or basically all MI besides justin his gaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy j/kkk XD

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Hey guys. Long time no chat. I wanted to see if you guys were still holding smashfests. Please, do me a favor and call me whenever plans are being made. The reason for this is because it isn't very reliable as to me getting online, so someone please give me a call to let me know what is going on. (586) 677 - 1383

And Dave R., I wanted to team with you, but you never caled me back. -_-

Top Bottom