• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
A couple months ago I was queued in game with Sin and some other dude that was in a xat clan that I frequented when I still played like 5 years ago. When the game started they were like "sup HarmS" and im just like "Wtf", now I frequently play with them

Also in one of my first ever games I was up against Llod it was fun calling him a wifi peach the whole game while he tried to figure out who I was

Last edited:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
About a year ago I was playing league with a bunch of irl friends who started forming a 5 man. In our last placement match we where playing and about 25 minutes into the match I see a message in chat. "Gifts as in MW smasher?" After taking a look at the names I realized I was playing against coney, malcolm, and a few other smashers. My mind was ****ing blown after that.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Smashbrosdirectfest at Phils house (in grand blanc) starting at 5ish tomorrow, pm me for directions if you're interested!

And on the meeting smash players on league note, I randomly had espy in a game I played ^^.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Smashbrosdirectfest at Phils house (in grand blanc) starting at 5ish tomorrow, pm me for directions if you're interested!

And on the meeting smash players on league note, I randomly had espy in a game I played ^^.
What game was that again? You remember? :applejack:

NaziNevins

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Im new to smash. Im looking for my rival, i heard he is on here. Anyone seen him??

I go high

NaziNevins

Smash Rookie
Yo gio told me there is a tourney in el this saturday. I will be in attendance.

Get hyped. Booty. *******. Bacon.

Foddar

Smash Rookie
Is there any kind of scene or any sort of tournaments held around metro-detroit?
I've been dying to get into competitive smash, but no one I know IRL ever wants to play me ;_;

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
Is there any kind of scene or any sort of tournaments held around metro-detroit?
I've been dying to get into competitive smash, but no one I know IRL ever wants to play me ;_;
man lets get one going. I have buddies in Detroit; I myself live in Dearborn heights and play with smashers in Westland, Livonia and Dearborn heights. I've been dying to go to tourneys too but work and... Girlfriend. I met Ian feltz through here. Dude lives around from me. What's good? Whereabouts do you stay?

Last edited:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
man lets get one going. I have buddies in Detroit; I myself live in Dearborn heights and play with smashers in Westland, Livonia and Dearborn heights. I've been dying to go to tourneys too but work and... Girlfriend. I met Ian feltz through here. Dude lives around from me. What's good? Whereabouts do you stay?
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...mash-series-brawl-clinton-township-mi.350377/

Mtank

Smash Cadet
any project m players around the ann arbor area? tryna practice in preparation for SWEET

Mtank

Smash Cadet
off of michigan ave down platt, but I have a car
**** i remember you from aadl tournies when i was a little kid ahahah

Mtank

Smash Cadet
hey if anyone want to play PM, im gonna be at the dude at like 5, so you should go toooo.
which is in the basement of the duderstadt on north campus of uofm if anyone didnt know

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I miss smash... anyone playing brawl still or am I gonna have to finally learn melee to play this summer?
Stick with Brawl its better. Ann Arbor has a good scene as well as livonia so people will play when school is out.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Stick with Brawl its better. Ann Arbor has a good scene as well as livonia so people will play when school is out.
That's not even... close to true. Like from any standpoint. Melee is bigger, has a more consistent player base, and a lot more activity. I know you're likely just trolling or joking or whatever, but still. It's not funny when Brawl is already the joke.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
That's not even... close to true. Like from any standpoint. Melee is bigger, has a more consistent player base, and a lot more activity. I know you're likely just trolling or joking or whatever, but still. It's not funny when Brawl is already the joke.
What the hell man? The guy clearly would prefer to play Brawl and there's still a scene, so why tell him to change?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
What the hell man? The guy clearly would prefer to play Brawl and there's still a scene, so why tell him to change?
Man seems interested in giving Melee a chance. I don't know him, so I gave him an answer. Melee is bigger, Melee has a circuit coming up, Melee has the hype surrounding it. Why tell him to stay? I don't play Melee myself, so call me biased because I dislike Brawl and I play PM and that's more similar to Melee and all that, but I can play the "What the hell man?" game right back at you. It's not even 'Clearly'. He plays Brawl, but I'm saying he could do well in looking into the Melee scene, especially for longevity.

He could do both, but if he's looking to focus, I gave him an answer - same as Ori. I just feel he was wrong in claiming Brawl was better, especially at the precipice of the Platinum Age of Melee. Ori's still my bro.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl is better" = an opinion and opinions aren't right or wrong. No smash game is better than another smash game, they're all great in their own right, and just because melee is bigger and has a more active playerbase doesn't automatically mean it's a game he should be playing. That's like saying we're all ******** for not playing league or CoD

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Notra was a Brawl player which is why I told him to stay woth Brawl haha. And miles and I are atill bros regardless of tatses in Smash <3

Top Bottom