• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If it has a true competitive ruleset I will go. Apex is only 2 weeks after that and I'm not going to do anything not serious till after it.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
i didnt even realize smashboards was back up. I thought it was hacked still LOL.

I heard about PS6 and it sounds fun but idk if i can make it. Lordy texted me about some smash thing on the 14th at his place which ill hit up THUG(Z) LIFE.

kalle we should play next week if youll be around. Ill probably be in WB from wednesday-sunday.

so low

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Hi, new to the site and competitive melee in general. Can anyone fill me in on what's been going on/planned events? Also is anyone going to Apex? I was hoping to go because it seems like it'd be fun, but I don't have a ride all the way to New Jersey.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo! Welcome to the smash scene. If you check the Tournament Listings and click on "Midwest" you'll find a list of tournaments in the area. The SWEET series is a big Michigan Melee staple and is having it's 13th installment soonish, there may be a smaller tourney prior to that. If you play Brawl or Project M then Phoenix Saga 6 is coming up in early December and should be a big event.

As for Apex, a number of MI players are going, a lot are flying but there's been at least one MI carpool there for every APEX so far. I'm going, but I'll be in NJ already so can't help you there.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Alright cool. I'll try and go to Pheonix Saga. hopefully i'll meet someone there who is driving to apex. If not i'll still be on the lookout here. Thanks.

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll deff go to Ian's SF tomorrow. If I can spend the night at Ian's, I'll go to Maestros SF.

Divine Mercy

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to find people who play smash near me? Just got smoked at a tournament and want to get better, only no one near me is good at the game.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If you are from Grand Blanc there is a small group up there for Brawl (DBP, Rog, and Bill) as for Melee/P:M I'm unsure :L

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i have like 20 johns.
i had to go do a group project at 1, then study for finals, and had plans w/friends to go to bdubs at 6 (so we went to get ppl at 5:30ish) so we would have a table and chilled there all night. THEN rioting
rly didnt make much sense to drive all the way to UofsMell for like 10 mins then drive all the way back to BEAST lansing
#B1GCHAMPS

Top Bottom