• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

judge!

Smash Ace
XD yea none of us even play the game really anymore....least we still talk about the idea of playing it? XD

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I do... im on AIB for brawl since i cant seem to find anyone to play brawl with. if there were people who lived in the metro area, it would be cool but everyone want to live 30-60 minutes away from me. I always used to say ill give gas money to whoever but Im just not in the direction of anyone. Its tiring to keep asking the same question over and over again so if i cant find my own way to a smash event, I just let it go. Now, I will go back to asking the MI scene the only way i can play them: anyone want to play wifi lol

I play melee every Wednesday with dablackpacman and a couple of other people who are pretty decent. It may not be much but its something.

As far as Michigan smash scene goes.....Thats something that has to be worked out. IF I had a car I would love to pick people up and go to smashfest and stuff but then I wonder what will be the new john for MI smash scene to still be dying lol(its only my opinion). Go MI lol ^_^

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
When's the next MI brawl/melee tourney? o:
The 19th in Roseville. Check out my AIB page to see it.

And we do need to step it up. Seriously. There has been no activity lately. I think what I'm more upset about is that the last few months there were tournaments but no one showed up. But Michigan smash is not dead yet its just sleeping. We need to wake up plain and simple.

And I know many of us....too many of us have ride johns..myself included. But we still managed to find ways to tournaments. There are people offering carpool. There are opportunities and no one can say that there isn't. Its just that people need to actually take advantage of them and get off the couch. Hell, I take the train to get to tournaments. L_ pays mad money for some of these events. I'm NOT rich either so I know some of you can save up the money for this ****. Go get a summer job its easy.

And just because some of our veteran players aren't showing up doesn't mean its not worth it to show up to a tournament. The money is still there. The other smashers trying to get better are still there. And the veteran players still offer their two cents on things. So we seriously need to stop being lazy.

Michigan is not the new Colorado because unlike them we actually have a myriad of opportunities.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Hey, does anyone here know anything about subwoofers? I'm gonna get one in the next week or so, and I need advice of what type to get

Notra

Smash Ace
ill start playing seriously again, for realz
Im Going Back to Library Tourneys.

FYI, ive been able to have smashfests at myhouse for the last who knows weekends, but no one picks up.
Hell Tony, Tutu, and I had a mini fest at tutu's a week ago, no one picked up. And no one is every willing to find a ride, or even give gas when they get one. So no one can show up even if they pick up their phone.

AND LAIN! UR always like HAVE A SMASH FEST! I call u and its a no pick up every time. Please put down the fail Sr. Unless ur tryna join shaedan on the roundtable.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Hey, does anyone hear know anything about subwoofers? I'm gonna get one in the next week or so, and I need advice of what type to get
please tell me this was an intentional pun xD

oh and melee is far from dead in michigan *****esssssssss =p

Moooose

Smash Champion
why would you call people randoms when you're not even well known lol
actually why would you make call people randoms period. that's just a butthole move

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're such a random.

Yo Notra, while you were trying to call lain he was at Rofa's playing Brawl. lol

earthadept

Smash Lord
This is probably the worst thread on smashboards. shaeden is right.

also I play brawl all the time so I don't know what you guys are talking about

Notra

Smash Ace
You're such a random.

Yo Notra, while you were trying to call lain he was at Rofa's playing Brawl. lol
LOL i tried to go to rofas on saturday to see if he had any weed. His friends said he was in Columbus ~:/ . But yea well have to do more Smashfests if anyone plans on not sucking. Also im available during the week now. CMON GUYS!

Im pretty sure Soviet doesnt care if hes a random or not. He just likes laughing at other people's fail. (As do I) I have no prob w/ RK, but Bigdaddy does dyckride more than one person should in a life time, every month on these boards. Other than that i dont really mind him. Overall responding to his comments pretty much made anyone argueing w/ him fail. so fail is fail

ITS FUNNY, I THINK SOMEONE IS TELLING ON ME, I HAVE 2 INFRACTIONS AND A PERMANENT ONE NOW. LOL JUST LIKE OLD TIMES.

judge!

Smash Ace
god...who do i have to sleep with to get a ride to showdown

someone pleeeease help <333333 im little i can cram into a trunk or something idc!!! someone make it happen <3333

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
LOL i tried to go to rofas on saturday to see if he had any weed. His friends said he was in Columbus ~:/ . But yea well have to do more Smashfests if anyone plans on not sucking. Also im available during the week now. CMON GUYS!

Im pretty sure Soviet doesnt care if hes a random or not. He just likes laughing at other people's fail. (As do I) I have no prob w/ RK, but Bigdaddy does dyckride more than one person should in a life time, every month on these boards. Other than that i dont really mind him. Overall responding to his comments pretty much made anyone argueing w/ him fail. so fail is fail

ITS FUNNY, I THINK SOMEONE IS TELLING ON ME, I HAVE 2 INFRACTIONS AND A PERMANENT ONE NOW. LOL JUST LIKE OLD TIMES.
Yooooo, I'd be willing to travel up to Ann Arbor for Smashfests. It's only 40 minutes away, I know where Rofa and Tutu live, and I'm still playing this game. Hell, I could bring a TV and even a Wii sometimes.

Let's do this. :p (And once I get my own apartment sometime within the next year hopefully, I could host some of my own if ppl wanna come down here.)

P.S. - MI should all get along and "be happy." Yay friendship. :p

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
For serious, if you guys plan smashfests, I can try to make plans ahead of time to try to go to them. I'm working in improving, and I want to help MI improve too. Let's do this. <3

Boxxy

Smash Lord
now that i'm on summer break i should be able to hit up smashfests (if they happen) =D

King~

Smash Champion
come to showdown or my tourney on the 26th which has other fighting games as well.

doo ittttttttt

nah i havent seen you guys in a while should come down

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Now where are we gonna hold future smashfests?
Boxxy and I would try to show cuz we smash like every weekend so like text/call me i can host for like 5 people max cuz i have a very small basement :urg:

Top Bottom