• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

EERA

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is Tanner! I'm looking for Smash players in the Kalamazoo (SW michigan area)! I also have roots up in Muskegon so I'm pretty willing to travel anywhere! Lemme know! I'm looking to create a scene in Kzoo (unless there already is one).

JTsm

Smash Master
There's absolutely nothing for brawl in West MI, but I could be mistaken.....

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
There wouldnt happen to be any Brawl action up near Flint?? It gets boring at college on weekends

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
There wouldnt happen to be any Brawl action up near Flint?? It gets boring at college on weekends

Hands

Smash Cadet
i was looking forward to shuffle v but now that i might not be able to go, there's gotta be some tourneys around SE michigan. HMU if there's any that you know of

Rottenyogurt

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I love every smash game. Would it be looked down upon if i just play all of them? (Even 64 if you people want to start up that hype train)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan Players wanting to go to Shuffle. Please read and reply so I can accurately update this post ASAP.

So not counting Michigan's Melee Scene this is the list of people from Michigan that have shown a lot of interest and have asked me about driving and what not.
  1. Ori
  2. Stewy
  3. Ksev
  4. Zinoto
  5. LOE1
  6. Anther
  7. Tech
  8. Maestro
  9. Apasher
  10. lain
  11. Xatic
  12. Coco
  13. Ksev's friend 1
  14. Ksev's friend 2
This means Michigan is going to need 2-3 cars. We are also going to need to look into getting 2-3 hotel rooms for 1 night, I know Hael Phael said he can help Michigan out with hoteling. My idea is to leave for Columbus Saturday morning, get there at 10am and stay only 1 night in a hotel so it will be über cheap.

So far I know Ksev and I are the only ones that might be able to drive.
• Ksev's car fits 7
• Mine fits 5

that is 12 of 14 people covered we will need a 3rd driver

TUSK

Smash Cadet
Heya everyone, I'm pretty new to the scene (just picked up PM with 3.0 release after having not played any smash in yeeeaaars!), and I'm finally looking to reach out for some competent players to beat my ***. I'm pretty mediocre atm but really interested in finding some regular play near the Ypsi/Arbor area to make improvements. Hopefully I can look forward to getting bodied by some of y'all and finally learning a thing or two.
I'm down if I can catch a ride from somebody. I got gas money and stuff. # is 517-489-9151
where yall from?

TUSK

Smash Cadet
i was looking forward to shuffle v but now that i might not be able to go, there's gotta be some tourneys around SE michigan. HMU if there's any that you know of
beach house is on saturday in howell then we have the next SWEET in a few weeks. :]

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
add me to the list of people going to shuffle v.

Also I'll be at beach house.

Melee or nothing!

Rottenyogurt: every smash game is good in its own right, and all of the games have their own respective player bases. Speaking as a veteran of Melee, a retired newb of brawl, and a college campus boss at smash 64 (with a touch of pm), I will warn you that playing them all, simultaneously, and all at a high level, will be extremely difficult. Maybe you can start by choosing one game as your main focus, and playing the others on the side? Besides, the tournament scene of 64 is mostly online now days, with very few tournaments in this area. Melee and PM are both very alive all over the state, and I know brawl has spotty but still a strong presence around the state.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
nope you are correct. there are only 3 Brawl players left over there, everyone else has moved to P:M or stuck it out with MayLay
Yeah, unfortunately we don't practice Brawl anymore but we still play it occasionally. If there was a tourney on this side of the state there's potential some of us would go. Amity still plays alot, and L_Cancel has shown alot of interest in getting back in. Me, Lordy and TBird have almost started playing it again haha. I'm actually having Brawl as a side event for a Muskegon tourney in March
I could be talked into Shuffle. I have my vehicle after all.
I call dibs on first spot!! The Smash Van rides again?

AlreadyAway

Smash Rookie
It has been a while since I posted on here. I'm looking to get back into Melee and I want to start exploring PM. I'm looking for some people around the Ferndale/Royal Oak area who want to practice and get experience from a different player. I haven't been on the scene for a while and am very rusty. Anyone interested shoot me a message.

iTz Coburn

Smash Cadet
Any Melee Smashers here ever go out to Port Huron? Really itching to play some quality people so I can actually see how good I am. Wrong place to post this? I apologize ahead of time.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I find it funny the melee community ran way from this thread but all these newcomers play melee

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Damnit, people need to text me about these things, I need practice to hustle people next tourney

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Tom Cancer killed your scene, for that im sorry, but unntil you guys revamp and find people that wont just jump ship your scene is dead...

also tonight I should be finishing the Results Thread for DW3, my data plan finally reset so I can create a hotspot again

Top Bottom