• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Wow so because a few non tourney smashers want to play to you guys all back out?

Guess our scenes big enough now.

Gifts you haven't seen my place so how can you want to go to wtps because its nice?

And I already have drinks here....I have beer pong set up lol

And guys have your decision by 5 please I need to know if I'm getting this table and extra chairs or saving over 100 bucks?

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm the only one that backed out because of your random friends. I don't want to go play smash with some guys I don't know playing beer pong in the background. I don't want to mix these two things nor am I particularly interested in dealing with and meeting new people. Especially on a night I was planning to just play smash.

Roller had a deal of interest in Mikey being there since he wants to play against Peach but Mikey is no longer (Or never was) going.

Gio come play and smoke and get crunk
See, that isn't what people wanted to do tonight (Except maybe Gifts). I told you this.

So zyth tech and ori are coming and going home

Jtsm roller tutu and wtp are coming and staying?

There will be some randoms and just friends here as well but they will probably play beer pong/xbox more while the training goes on

Don't forget if you can bring a setup or atleast a wii (with oris setup I have 3 tvs with 2 wiis and a full xbox setup) still room for another setup and a wii is needed for a TV
This sounds like playing at rofa's coop lmao. But I guess **** is cancelled =[

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm the only one that backed out because of your random friends. I don't want to go play smash with some guys I don't know playing beer pong in the background. I don't want to mix these two things nor am I particularly interested in dealing with and meeting new people. Especially on a night I was planning to just play smash.
This is my gripe.

DRDN

Smash Master

Roller had a deal of interest in Mikey being there since he wants to play against Peach but Mikey is no longer (Or never was) going.

See, that isn't what people wanted to do tonight (Except maybe Gifts). I told you this.
Noone can force you to drink or smoke, I told you there's enough space for you guys to have your training settings on, and if you don't want beer pong in the background then I can't help you but it'll be just like the melee days at Jus1s house :) before dope killed it lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
I just don't see how you thought that hosting a smashfest whose purpose was to train for Vengeance was a good time to also throw a small party with your friends.

DRDN

Smash Master
I just don't see how you thought that hosting a smashfest whose purpose was to train for Vengeance was a good time to also throw a small party with your friends.
The friends was 2 people who don't play smash at all that asked if they could come because they haven't seen me since last year. Everyone else atleast plays smash and is coming for that or SFxT(van and scala are examples of sfxt which they are both smashers)

This wasn't a party for friends its was friends coming over while I had a sf

But whatev happens imma have fun, but this puts a negative mark in my mind on how this community feels towards newer people

Elitists stay elite

What's The Point

Smash Master
When I say new people I don't mean people new to smash. I mean people I've never, or have barely, met.

Though I do accept that I speak for the entire community. I am more important than everyone else.

JTsm

Smash Master
Welp, if Roller and WTP don't wanna go, then we'll just have a SF in AA.

kd-

Smash Lord
The friends was 2 people who don't play smash at all that asked if they could come because they haven't seen me since last year. Everyone else atleast plays smash and is coming for that or SFxT(van and scala are examples of sfxt which they are both smashers)

This wasn't a party for friends its was friends coming over while I had a sf

But whatev happens imma have fun, but this puts a negative mark in my mind on how this community feels towards newer people

Elitists stay elite
Personal note here - I'm really big on avoiding friend cliques. I wish all of my friends knew each other, were okay to hang out with each other and did stuff together. But you can't have one group of friends doing something while another group does something different at the same place without alienating at least one group of people, especially if you're the host.

Some people want to hang out, drink and play smash. Others want to focus on smash. It's not really elitism, it's simply what people want to do with their time. You can't throw two parties at the same time.

Edit: At the end of the day, as long as you and your friends had fun it doesn't matter

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
Chad can you link me to the grime PR. Also is melee smashing tonight? (Since that is all that really matters).

Also DRDN and Kevin, just do your own thangs lol.

Also Rob sucks, Thugz too good.

DRDN

Smash Master
@wtp its not just you there were atleast 3 others with the same mindset as you
@zyth now just whoever on here wants to come and about 5 others maybe 6 (2 who don't play smash)
@gio come here and bring anyone else who wants to have fun
@tech I'm game
@kd I drink and smoke at every tourney, several people smoke and play the game while others just focus on the game so I don't get that part but as for the friends who don't play I could see how they wouldn't fit in as well but their also friends with several of the others, who are noobs and would have time after they get wrecked by the elite (except one of them has a winning record against gifts :))to play beer pong,

When I got into competetive smash it was melee and this is the same set up this area had to practice and everyone loved it(people could even bring their GFs if they had them because of beer pong) I wanted to bring that back but it requires the two worlds to merge a bit

What gets me is reading the shoutouts and tourney threads I see you guys saying oh ill help train you guys and ill help you get better....this SF I'm throwing started because I said someone come get me or everyone come here and you guys said you would come here. I spent my free time finally cleaning the rooms up and figuring out how I wanted the place and your all dropping last minute.

Guess ill see you guys next tourney where noone will MM me AGAIN (that's right PS3 NOONE asked to make a withdrawl from MIs ATM)

But again IDGAF but I probably won't do this often if I do it again at all, I'm going to have fun tonight with or without you guys

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Everyone that isn't AA should go to DRDN's sf. All smashfests are fun regardless of attendance, like I felt like going out for it, but I'm kinda iffy atm. Don't make WTP's decision and my half decision give up your shot at practice.

I'll know in like 20-30 if I'm coming don't count me out.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I really want to go, but people started to bail like wut. As long as I can get in some decent practice it's all cool. And besides, I can take you guys home super late since I don't mind.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
1. Its cool you're hosting. However, this Smashfest is essentially pre REGIONAL practice. Players like me, Roller etc won't want distractions or awkwardness. They want quality practice. And yeah we'll get crunk. I understand your view but you have to remember ...we're playing to prove ourselves and represent our fine state. I personally don't care but others may not wanna sit down and spend half the night playing scrubs. This is not a typical smashfest.

2. If I see you tonight, your cash is mine. :yeahboi: Obviously I'm too busy at my own events for much extracurricular activity.

JTsm

Smash Master
Alright Me and Tutu are deff going. If people wanna salt, they can, but were going. Hotarms, you can go if you want, but if you can see this, we'll meet in front of the Union at 6.

ltrainb

Smash Rookie
@wtp its not just you there were atleast 3 others with the same mindset as you
@zyth now just whoever on here wants to come and about 5 others maybe 6 (2 who don't play smash)
@gio come here and bring anyone else who wants to have fun
@tech I'm game
@kd I drink and smoke at every tourney, several people smoke and play the game while others just focus on the game so I don't get that part but as for the friends who don't play I could see how they wouldn't fit in as well but their also friends with several of the others, who are noobs and would have time after they get wrecked by the elite (except one of them has a winning record against gifts :))to play beer pong,

When I got into competetive smash it was melee and this is the same set up this area had to practice and everyone loved it(people could even bring their GFs if they had them because of beer pong) I wanted to bring that back but it requires the two worlds to merge a bit

What gets me is reading the shoutouts and tourney threads I see you guys saying oh ill help train you guys and ill help you get better....this SF I'm throwing started because I said someone come get me or everyone come here and you guys said you would come here. I spent my free time finally cleaning the rooms up and figuring out how I wanted the place and your all dropping last minute.

Guess ill see you guys next tourney where noone will MM me AGAIN (that's right PS3 NOONE asked to make a withdrawl from MIs ATM)

But again IDGAF but I probably won't do this often if I do it again at all, I'm going to have fun tonight with or without you guys
me and my people wanna come to this since we not far from it but we need a place and a time. is that cool?

Top Bottom