• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Ike Guide By B4BC edit: CLEANED UP AGAIN A LITTLE

kimahri51992

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but the 'aethercide' i believe it is called, is how i did my 'Defeat 10 enemies in cruel brawl' challenge. (I forget how many you needed to kill, all i remember is killing 13 before dying...)

PaladinCheese

Smash Rookie
'aethercide' sounds like using aether to suicide and kill your opponent as well, maybe you are referring to the aether spike?
Actually, I think Aethercide refers to an Up B off the edge with your opponent caught beneath the blade as you fall. You're too far away to grab the ledge, so you both die. Aethercide kill.:dizzy:

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Umm, I play using ike with a different technique or two that i find very helpful against advancing foes, or even just in face to face confrontations with quicker characters (all of them, haha) where you need a quick move besides your jab. This is really just common sense, but i haven't really seen people use it-forgive me if it's been mentioned or is just too obvious. xD It's not groundbreaking, but it really does help. Perhaps it could be added to the guide, since it's really not enough for it's own subject...

Ike's bair is exremely quick: if you can use it while facing toward an opponent, you've got a huge advantage. I execute this a couple different ways, depending on what i want to do. If I want to retreat, you simply dash backward and hit up while c-sticking back for a retreating b-air. It gets you some breathing room. The other way (the way i prefer) is to actually just SLIGHTLY tilt the stick to the side-ike's slowest walking speed. Then, simply jump and c-stick back. Once you can do this quickly, you can punish any dash attacker/fast runner relentlessly-it's beautiful, and much more powerful than stopping them with an over-b, a counter, or a jab. Once you get good at doing this quickly, you can even control where you land afterward-do you want to chase and follow up with a nair or a dash attack, perhaps a grab at early percents? Or would you prefer to sit back for some spacing? It's up to you, I guess.

Like I said, incredibly obvious-but i've never seen someone use it. Then again, I don't watch too many vids. Feel free to flame if it's old.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Oh, please excuse the double post-the difference between these two is that with the dash backward you auto-retreat; with the slight slight push, you stay where you are unless you maneuver in the air quickly-much better for surprise and options. You're facing forward and then suddenly whip out a bair like you were facing the other direction. Whoah, nelly. xD k.o. time.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
nice guide but i got a question
i was using ike and fsmash someone with the total tipper but the guy went upwards notlike wen u usualy hit im not sure if the same dmg was lost but the knockbaqck was much less than usual...ike...has no tip?
btw i think it was on charizard

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Yes, ike's f-smash hits differently at the tip-much less knockback, not sure about the damage. Ike has a tip, but it does you no good-he's not marth. :p

Any feedback from ike mainers regarding my previous post would be much appreciated-i also would like to know how many of you use a reverse aerial rush forward a off the ledge to either a) get a stage spike if they up b in front of you or b) hit them backward with the last part of the fair intentionally, instead of just using a normal fair.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
ike is my main and he is honestly one of the greatest brawlers evur u need 2 deal w/ his speed and pwn w/ his SWORD

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
this thread needs to desperately be either majorly updated or destickied because i think roith quit smash.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
I was reading the OP and I don't know if this has been clarified in the thread or not, but Aether can be used as a spike. It's tricky, and if you're not careful then LOLAETHERCIDE. But it's fun spiking people that are trying to edgehog you, or eating their recovery attempts with.

Edit: lol*lernz2reed*

Top Bottom