• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event The Big House 9 - Discussion Topic

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, that SD at Game 5 was soulcrushing; still, major props to Dabuz, both played their hearts out during that set.

On a side note zackray :ultjoker::ultwolf: 3-2s Nairo :ultpalutena:, eliminating him at 4th place. It looks like Maister and zackray will have to tussle for the next spot in Summit.

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
zackray 3-2 Nairo

Even though the set was 2-2, it definitely appeared like Nairo was controlling the tempo of the matches. But then zackray busted out Joker for the final game, and the match seemed more like a tug-of-war. Came down to the wire, but somebody had to lose... :'(

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Maister had such a strong lead in the first two games, then everything really started to fall apart after game 3. The absolute slaughterhouse that was game 5 was the final nail in the coffin; as strong as Maister played, he was definitely starting to fall into his old habits of choking game 5, and it costed him the set.

Major congratulations to zackray, though! I look forward to seeing what he brings to Summit.

zackray :ultjoker::ultsonic: 3-2s Maister :ultgnw: to eliminate him at 3rd place.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Maister had such a strong lead in the first two games, then everything really started to fall apart after game 3. The absolute slaughterhouse that was game 5 was the final nail in the coffin; as strong as Maister played, he was definitely starting to fall into his old habits of choking game 5, and it costed him the set.

Major congratulations to zackray, though! I look forward to seeing what he brings to Summit.

zackray :ultjoker::ultsonic: 3-2s Maister :ultgnw: to eliminate him at 3rd place.
Tbh Zack shouldn't have even gone Sonic the first two games. He basically threw them away. Would have been a clean 3-0 for Zack had he started with Joker.

But eh. Random pockets are fun to watch.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Zackray just played absolutely out of control this tournament. He won in just about every way. He got first big major touramment win outside of Japan, a place at Smash summit. This was the besr breakthough you could ask form

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Tbh Zack shouldn't have even gone Sonic the first two games. He basically threw them away. Would have been a clean 3-0 for Zack had he started with Joker.

But eh. Random pockets are fun to watch.
To be fair, I can see his thought process, given that his Joker got clapped pretty hard the first time they fought in Winner's Finals.

That said, his :ultjoker: is definitely stronger than his :ultsonic:.

Ukulele

Smash Cadet
To be fair, I can see his thought process, given that his Joker got clapped pretty hard the first time they fought in Winner's Finals.

That said, his :ultjoker: is definitely stronger than his :ultsonic:.
Here is his reasoning: https://twitter.com/ssb4_zackray/status/1181074688480546817?s=21

Regardless of the outcome of those matches, I think it’s great to see use of the huge roster and art of character counterpicks at such a high level. It’s hard for me to recall a time where the winner of such a stacked tournament used so many characters effectively in any platform fighter or similar fighting game, much less the Smash series itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom