• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 6 Thread

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
:4pikachu: ESAM 1-2 :4bayonetta: Captain Zack

lmfao

mario sucks

Smash Rookie
I hope ESAM loses to every Bayonetta until he actually learns that SDI Is real. What a fraudulent "best pika"

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Top 32 Winners:
WaDi :4mewtwo: vs Mr. E :4marth:
VoiD :4sheik: vs ANTi :4mario: :substitute:
Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: vs Ri-Ma :4tlink: (Japan Teamkill, ouch)
Nairo :4zss: vs Cosmos :4corrinf:
Abadango :4mewtwo: vs Mr. R :4sheik:
Tweek :4cloud2: vs ZeRo :4diddy:
Dabuz :rosalina: vs Salem :4bayonetta2:
Kamemushi :4megaman: vs Marss :4zss:

Top 32 Losers:
James :4luigi: :4cloud2: vs Ally :4mario:
Mew2King :4cloud2: vs CaptainZack :4bayonetta2:
Saj :4bayonetta2: vs Larry Lurr :4fox: (Might see :4dk: )
Static Manny/Spark/Oni Heero/All Might :4sonic: :4feroy: vs Aarvark :4villager:
Samsora :4peach: vs Fatality :4falcon:
Rayquaza07 :rosalina: vs MVD :4diddy:
Rich Brown :4mewtwo: vs Kie :4peach: (Kie came sooooooo close last time, come on, you can do it...)
DKWill :4dk: vs 8BitMan :4rob:

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Sonic got bopped this tourney. Never did buy the assertion he didn't have any losing MUs, anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sonic got bopped this tourney. Never did buy the assertion he didn't have any losing MUs, anyway.
You have an interesting definition of "bopped".

I see two Sonic players in top 32 - the same amount as Diddy Kong, Rosalina, Sheik, ZSS and one more than Fox.

:059:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

I see two Sonic players in top 32 - the same amount as Diddy Kong, Rosalina, Sheik, ZSS and one more than Fox.

I thought Manny was out when I made that post. Still, Sonic was massively repped this tourney, definitely moreso than Fox, Rosa, and ZSS.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN

Considering 4 of the best sonics are out before top 32, he did underperform in terms of top players in attendance to actual players in top 32.

Also, how much of a stretch would it be to call Komo the best cloud?

my_T

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if Dabuz will go olimar vs Salem? Good grab game and good keep away tends to take you a long way against Bayo.

Fenny

Smash Ace
i wonder if Dabuz will go olimar vs Salem? Good grab game and good keep away tends to take you a long way against Bayo.
Indeed.

He has to remember however that he trades safety for damage racking potential; having Pikmin latched onto Bayo effectively gives her Witch Times on demand. And Salem uses WT better than any other Bayo so...

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

I think our winners so far are :4bayonetta2::4mewtwo::4peach:(ish no Peach on winners) :4cloud2:

Losers::4fox:...just :4fox:. For all those astounding results he has been getting, one Fox in losers isn't much to clamor about.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
TDK TDK Hasn't he been considered the best for quite some time now? The only other person that's really a contender for best Cloud (imo) is M2K when he's feeling well, though I definitely thought Leo was up there a couple months back (but I haven't seen his Cloud since).

Unrelated thoughts:
It's nice to see Mewtwo performing as well as ever with his top 3 mains making it into top 32.

And sucks that Japan has to fight each other round 1 into top 32 (RIP ri-ma).

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Dabuz will probably do what Dabuz always does; bring out Olimar when he gets desperate and wants to confuse the opponent with lack of matchup knowledge. I still think Salem is probably going to be somewhat prepared for that possibility though, since he already fought one Olimar in pools yesterday.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The part that saddens me the most is that ESAM losing means people will truly beliece SDI is useless, top players will keep not doing it and Bayonetta will look way stronger than she actually is.
Ohwell
:196:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
No upset boys. Poke and Iceninja lose 1-3 to Void and NaKat

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The part that saddens me the most is that ESAM losing means people will truly beliece SDI is useless, top players will keep not doing it and Bayonetta will look way stronger than she actually is.
Ohwell
I don't think top players will employ the same mindset as the average Twitch Chat 0-2 lord

It'll probably be analyzed. It was on periscope.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Ohwell
Nah, I don't believe so. Case in point - Kamemushi's stellar SDI against Salem during the crew battle allowed him to minimise Bayo's usually crazy punish game. People just need to bother to actually learn it like Kame did - Salem 2-0'd him when they fought in Little Big House.

It's just the sheer irony of it, more than anything, that are making people talk smack about his loss.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I still don't understand - What's the irony in Esam losing to Captain Zack? Him placing inconsistantly as well as him losing to Bayos aren't a rare occurance...

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Knowing how to SDI doesn't mean you automatically win against Bayonetta. It sure as hell won't save you if you activate Witch Time. So I don't see what's so funny.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nah, I don't believe so. Case in point - Kamemushi's stellar SDI against Salem during the crew battle allowed him to minimise Bayo's usually crazy punish game. People just need to bother to actually learn it like Kame did - Salem 2-0'd him when they fought in Little Big House.

It's just the sheer irony of it, more than anything, that are making people talk smack about his loss.
I want to believe this and that people are just poking fun out of this.

But actually I am pretty sure most people do believe what they are saying, being really toxic towards him and his "strategy" (which isn't even a strategy, it's an underused tool).
With this community you never know.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I want to believe this and that people are just poking fun out of this.

But actually I am pretty sure most people do believe what they are saying, being really toxic towards him and his "strategy" (which isn't even a strategy, it's an underused tool).
With this community you never know.
On one hand he has a point; players don't really SDI as much as they should against Bayonetta.

On the other hand he kind of conveniently ignores that Bayo players learn to adapt just as equally. It's kind of hard to be as fervent about it especially when we had things like this happen just today despite great SDI from top players.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Man, you guys + smash.gg are making this so hype for me. How I wish I could be streaming right now.....

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ZeRo is the true Barrel Technician.

EDIT: Nairo pulls out Lucina in doubles.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
On one hand he has a point; players don't really SDI as much as they should against Bayonetta.

On the other hand he kind of conveniently ignores that Bayo players learn to adapt just as equally. It's kind of hard to be as fervent about it especially when we had things like this happen just today despite great SDI from top players.
A bit later, Salem Witch Times a Shadow Ball, then runs straight through a baby Shadow Ball thrown right afterward. That specific interaction caught me by surprise.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I still don't understand - What's the irony in Esam losing to Captain Zack? Him placing inconsistantly as well as him losing to Bayos aren't a rare occurance...
he brags about how good he is at the MU nonstop and basically says "just SDI"

I've been saying he should just quit and go play Melee since he showed massive potential there but I recently learned he quit Melee after getting bodied by DruggedFox.

Fenny

Smash Ace
A bit later, Salem Witch Times a Shadow Ball, then runs straight through a baby Shadow Ball thrown right afterward. That specific interaction caught me by surprise.
Whiffed Witch Times still leave Bayo with like a split second of free invincibility frames straight afterwards, so she can just ignore offensive options and use it as a way of approaching. Salem's really fond of exploiting that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lucina is doing some major work. :4lucina:

Anti and Kame had no idea what to do.

Top Bottom