• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 6 Thread

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
he brags about how good he is at the MU nonstop and basically says "just SDI"

I've been saying he should just quit and go play Melee since he showed massive potential there but I recently learned he quit Melee after getting bodied by DruggedFox.
Yeah, he dropped Melee to focus on Smash 4. Really, if Brawl still had a scene he should stick with that...

Also it looks like Nairo's using Lucina for more than just waifu.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I'm just
at a loss for words. Was that real? My heart is still racing. Cannot believe this. That did not just happen.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Nairo's Lucina. The most hype thing since.........if I had to give a personal opinion, Esam vs M2k at smash con last year. That, or Prince Ramen beating ZeRo. One of the two.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
This is a dream. Seriously. I can't believe this.
This is truly amazing! Nairo's Lucie is already so much better!

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
ESAM needs to drop :4pikachu:, the character is doing him no favors and doesn't fit the aggressive mold he wants to use.

Also, there seems to be a ton of double jeopardy's happening. Samsora vs Fatality again? M2K vs Captain Zack again?

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I am so happy Nairo's actually seriously using Lucina. I guess it's true that her future is not written.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Ally/Mew2king with the reverse 3-0 vs Marss/Pugwest!

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
With ANTi struggling so much against Puppeh, I don't think it bodes well for his set against VoiD. I don't see VoiD struggling against either WaDi or Mr. E tbh, so he probably has the safest path to Top 8 among anybody in the Top 32 right now.

If not him, I think Nairo is pretty safe. Komorikiri has only beaten him in exhibition and crews (and barely, at that.) He's lost to both his ZSS (convincingly) and his Lucina. Nairo's worst losses overall are probably Dire and Mr. II, so I don't expect him to get upset by Cosmos. Could happen but probably not.

Now, that does assume Komo beats Ri-ma. Komo has looked a little shaky - nearly dropping games to Seagull and Sodrek - but he's the favorite going in. He's had a similar result vs. Ri-ma before (1 clear win, 1 shaky, near-loss for a 2-0) back in July. I think it might have to do with how he plays to download his opponents since he also dropped a lot of individual games in pools at Aba Saga but went on to take down Ally and Ito.

I could see things going into a total tailspin if Ri-ma takes Komo down because there's absolutely no way of knowing how Ri-ma vs. Nairo would turn out. Hyuga and Nairo traded sets and the last time they met before Hyuga's forced retirement resulted in Hyuga > Nairo, 2-1. I assume these will be Bo5 sets, so that gives Nairo longer to adapt, but Ri-ma has demonstrated a lot this weekend.

Easy prediction for bracket A is Nairo vs. VoiD runback in Winner's Semis but a lot of things can get out of control. E.g; If WaDi beats Mr. E and ANTi takes VoiD down, WaDi in Winner's Side top 8 is entirely possible since he's a Mario slayer and has taken down ANTi before.

Winners Semis:
Hope: WaDi vs. Ri-ma
Most likely answer: VoiD vs. Nairo

The B-side of Winner's is completely insane, though. Mr. R, ZeRo, Dabuz, Salem, Abadango, and Kamemushi are all Top 8 Winners Side contenders. Conventional wisdom suggests it's going to be ZeRo vs. Salem in Winners Semis, but Mr. R could beat ZeRo, could be beaten by Abadango, etc. If Mr. R loses to Abadango, ZeRo will assuredly make Top 8 Winners Side since Aba's record vs. ZeRo is straight trash, but Mr. R vs. ZeRo is an intense matchup that could go either way.

Oh, and Tweek's there too, but I don't expect much from that.

Dabuz vs. Salem can go either way. A panic Olimar pick may be something Salem will fish for, as (it's been pointed out) he's the best at abusing Witch Time, and Olimar just gives Bayo all the opportunities in the world to do it. If Salem takes down Dabuz's Rosalina and he panic-modes into Olimar, I'd call for Salem to take it. I'm not sure if it's Bo3 or Bo5. If it's the latter, I can't count Salem out even if Dabuz wins G1 since Salem is extremely good at downloading players and clutching.

Kameme vs. either is equally unpredictable. Kameme had 2 UNFORTUNATE SDS from a winning position vs. Dabuz at SAT that dictated who got what stages, but it was a close 2-3 set. Salem could go either way. Salem beat him 2-0 in two narrow games (both appeared to be playing seriously even though it was a local) and Kameme has incredible SDI, but Salem separates himself from other Bayos by being REALLY GOOD at covering SDI. Kameme seemed to mostly have Salem's number in crews.

Hope: Abadango vs. Kameme
Most likely answer: ZeRo vs. Salem

Random Loser's Bracket stuff:

-Ally has a hell of a bracket ahead of him to contend with.

-Mew2King is probably doomed to 25th place. He's 0-2 against Zack in sets now. I could see him dropping out to focus on Melee, actually, because he'd need to dedicate a lot to contending with that Losers Bracket. Like, even if he beats Zack, he could have to contend with either Dabuz or Salem, then probably Ally, then whoever loses Nairo vs. Komo, etc. He'd need to run a massive gauntlet that just gets harder the longer it goes on. He might try his hand against Zack and see where it goes of he wins but he's likely going to fall at some point.

-With Larry losing to Zack at Abadango Saga, I could see Saj pulling an upset. Saj is known for his loser's bracket runs.

-Kie vs. Rich is something I hope is periscoped. No way of knowing where it goes. Funny thing is, it's actually possible we might eventually see an Aba/Rich runback to see which gets into Top 8. Depends on brackets and relies on Aba beat Mr. R then losing to ZeRo and Rich beaten Kie, ANTi, and probably either Mr. E or WaDi though.

-There are a couple of other runbacks. Samsora vs. Fatality (Samsora 2-0'd fatality) and MVD vs. Rayquaza (Rayquaza 2-0'd MVD). I don't think these are very consequential since none of those players stand a good chance of making it far in Losers when top players start dropping in, but it's worth mentioning. Ray upsetting Ri-ma or Komo isn't out of the question. I mean, if Xaltis can beat ANTI.... <_<

I just stuck to analysis here instead of raw predictions. I'll probably provide a brief analysis of top 8 before it starts, but my opinion of who wins hinges a lot on very specific things, like Dabuz vs. Salem, Kameme vs. the winner of that set, the winner of VoiD vs. Nairo, etc. We could see Kameme > Marss, Salem/Dabuz, ZeRo, VoiD to get into GFs, but that becomes less likely if Nairo beats VoiD, or if ZeRo has trained in the Mega Man matchup, etc. That's just one example. Craziest but totally plausible path (as I mentioned) is Ri-ma getting into Winners Finals by beating Komo, Nairo, and VoiD (the latter having had trouble in the MU before) but it's not very likely.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hm. So Nairo switched out Lucina for Cloud after the bracket reset...
Way to kill the hype, for me.
I mean, at the very least it's working well so far.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Nairo/Zero wins Doubles grand finals! On Game 14.

That Cloud UpB suicide though...

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
The big House 6 doubles:

1st: ZeRo ( :4diddy: ) / Nairo ( :4cloud2: / :4lucina: )
2nd: Ally ( :4mario: ) / Mew2King ( :4cloud2: )
3rd: Marss ( :4zss: ) / Pugwest ( :4marth: )
4th: Rayquaza ( :rosalina: ) / Ryuga ( :4corrinf: )
5th: ANTi ( :4mario: :4cloud2: / Kamemushi ( :4megaman: :4cloud2: :4sheik: )
5th: NAKAT ( :4ness: :4fox: / VoiD :4sheik: )
7th: ESAM ( :4pikachu: ) / MVD ( :4cloud2: :4diddy: )
7th: Poke ( :4luigi: ) / IceNinja ( :4palutena: )

Grats to ZeRo and Nairo. See you all tomorrow for a hype top 32.

Also, the total Amount of unique characters in singles top 32: 20 (21 if Static pulls out Roy)

Also, I feel like it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say Saj > Pink Fresh. While Pink has won a stacked regional, Saj does better on average at the very top. Salem's still the best though.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
all of top 32 in Bo5 according to Bear

This will be a trip

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hm. So Nairo switched out Lucina for Cloud after the bracket reset...
Way to kill the hype, for me.
I mean, at the very least it's working well so far.
It's working otu well for me, as someone who thoroughly enjoys both :D
-Mew2King is probably doomed to 25th place. He's 0-2 against Zack in sets now. I could see him dropping out to focus on Melee, actually, because he'd need to dedicate a lot to contending with that Losers Bracket. Like, even if he beats Zack, he could have to contend with either Dabuz or Salem, then probably Ally, then whoever loses Nairo vs. Komo, etc. He'd need to run a massive gauntlet that just gets harder the longer it goes on. He might try his hand against Zack and see where it goes of he wins but he's likely going to fall at some point.
Imo, if he can get past Zack, I'd put money on him being able to take Dabuz. Salem though, is a much different, and much, much more difficult fight to win, imo.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Poor kie. First he has a rematch with Rich Brown, and if he takes that he fights either VoiD or ANTi.

And there's almost no way ANTi will be dumb enough to pick Mario vs Kie's peach.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Considering 4 of the best sonics are out before top 32, he did underperform in terms of top players in attendance to actual players in top 32.
Losers::4fox:...just :4fox:. For all those astounding results he has been getting, one Fox in losers isn't much to clamor about.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, please?

Komo could easily beat Rima to make it to guaranteed top 9 and if Manny wins his first round in losers against Aarvark we'll have Sonic at 9th and 25th out of almost 800 entrants respectively. With the best Sonic player not even being there that's quite a respectable result, especially with a handful of 33rd and 49th placings between Wrath, Kels and Joe.

Larry is not out of the tournament yet and while his losers bracket set against saj could be an early finish, there's also a chance that he faces Tweek -> Mr R -> loser of Mr E / wadi vs Anti / Void. All of these are winnable for him except Void who is unlikely to face Larry given the bracket constellation and who might bust out Fox himself at one point. In that case Larry'd place within top 8 and another Fox would potentially be listed. With the 2nd best Fox not even being there [SH from Japan] that'd also be a satisfactory result, especially with a handful of 33rd and 49th placings between Shogun, Ksev and Sodrek.

But this tournament has been crazy enough that almost anything can happen. Wadi beating Mr E and then the winner of Anti vs Void to make it to guarnateed top 5? Absolutely not out of the question at this point.

Also, there seems to be a ton of double jeopardy's happening. Samsora vs Fatality again? M2K vs Captain Zack again?
That's the big issue I have with the way bracket pools are lined up in these super national tournaments - it's just too likely for a player to lose to the same opponent twice within a very short amount of time. There's M2K vs Zack, Sam vs Fatality, Kie vs Rich and Ray vs MVD all had already happened in pools before. Imagine M2K, who for all we know is capable to do a great LB run and beating top players, making it only to 25th just because he was unlucky enough to be seeded in the same pool as the guy who may very well be the most underrated player in the tournament right now.

Reminds me of when Kirihara got double eliminated in pools by Hyuga. I think that was at CEO? Hyuga then went on to place 5th or 4th or something crazy good and Kirihara got like 49th or 33rd. Stuff like that totally defeats the point of having a double elimination bracket in the first place.

:059:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, please?

Komo could easily beat Rima to make it to guaranteed top 9 and if Manny wins his first round in losers against Aarvark we'll have Sonic at 9th and 25th out of almost 800 entrants respectively. With the best Sonic player not even being there that's quite a respectable result, especially with a handful of 33rd and 49th placings between Wrath, Kels and Joe.

Larry is not out of the tournament yet and while his losers bracket set against saj could be an early finish, there's also a chance that he faces Tweek -> Mr R -> loser of Mr E / wadi vs Anti / Void. All of these are winnable for him except Void who is unlikely to face Larry given the bracket constellation and who might bust out Fox himself at one point. In that case Larry'd place within top 8 and another Fox would potentially be listed. With the 2nd best Fox not even being there [SH from Japan] that'd also be a satisfactory result, especially with a handful of 33rd and 49th placings between Shogun, Ksev and Sodrek.

But this tournament has been crazy enough that almost anything can happen. Wadi beating Mr E and then the winner of Anti vs Void to make it to guarnateed top 5? Absolutely not out of the question at this point.

That's the big issue I have with the way bracket pools are lined up in these super national tournaments - it's just too likely for a player to lose to the same opponent twice within a very short amount of time. There's M2K vs Zack, Sam vs Fatality, Kie vs Rich and Ray vs MVD all had already happened in pools before. Imagine M2K, who for all we know is capable to do a great LB run and beating top players, making it only to 25th just because he was unlucky enough to be seeded in the same pool as the guy who may very well be the most underrated player in the tournament right now.

Reminds me of when Kirihara got double eliminated in pools by Hyuga. I think that was at CEO? Hyuga then went on to place 5th or 4th or something crazy good and Kirihara got like 49th or 33rd. Stuff like that totally defeats the point of having a double elimination bracket in the first place.

.....Hyuga got 25th. Had to face ZeRo and immediately got eliminated

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Though I also remember that Huyga placed either 4th or 5th at a very tacked tournament so that's still something that could happen, that I believe should not happen.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Ally drops out due to no sleep and head aches.
welp, hope he recovers alright

Looks like Marss or Kamemushi effectively have a free pass into top 16 if they don't spaghetti lmao

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
welp, hope he recovers alright

Looks like Marss or Kamemushi effectively have a free pass into top 16 if they don't spaghetti
The loser of Kamemushi vs Marss will have to beat one of M2K, Zack, Salem or dabuz to make it past top 17th. That's not quite what I'd call a "free pass".

Edit: To be precice, the winner of Zack vs M2K will play the loser of Salem vs dabuz. The winner of that, if no further upsets happen, will have to play Marss.

Edit 2: Honestly though, the more I look at the winners bracket the more flabbergasted I am ahow early some of these sets are happening. Salem vs dabuz, Abadango vs Mr r and Void vs Anti all in Round 1? Seriously?

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
With Ally gone I'm kind of expecting ZeRo to be the most favored to win honestly. Even though we're at the point where anything can happen in Smash tournaments I feel like Ally is the only one (with the possible exception of Larry) that can be considered to have his number moreso than other players. At least that would be the safe bet at this point. The beginning of Top 32 already looks like a bloodbath in the making.

Fenny

Smash Ace
The loser of Kamemushi vs Marss will have to beat one of M2K, Zack, Salem or dabuz to make it past top 17th. That's not quite what I'd call a "free pass".

Edit: To be precice, the winner of Zack vs M2K will play the loser of Salem vs dabuz. The winner of that, if no further upsets happen, will have to play Marss.

Edit 2: Honestly though, the more I look at the winners bracket the more flabbergasted I am ahow early some of these sets are happening. Salem vs dabuz, Abadango vs Mr r and Void vs Anti all in Round 1? Seriously?

Oh, misread it, my bad

Thought whoever beat James was auto in top 16

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Mr. E up 2 games.

Edit: Mr. E wins 3-1.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Whatever ANTi did wrong vs. Puppeh yesterday, he's improved on. Currently destroying VoiD.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Ri-ma looking good but all Komo has to do is play in his shield and he wins

TDK

Smash Master
NNID