• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Better Lucario Official Guide/Faq/Database (Now with More Lawl!)

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You outspace her pretty well.
The majority of her smashes and aerials are the same length of not longer then ours.

Also saying 'don't get hit by up smash' is like telling your opponent not to get hit by down air... it doesn't work like that =S It's not one of Lucario's best matchups at all.

Timbers

check me out
The majority of her smashes and aerials are the same length of not longer then ours.

Also saying 'don't get hit by up smash' is like telling your opponent not to get hit by down air... it doesn't work like that =S It's not one of Lucario's best matchups at all.
The only aerial she has that outranges us is her uair. Nobody should ever land on it to begin with. Fair/Dair/Bair are not disjointed and lack a great deal of range, and require sweetspots.I think her sweetspot range is even less range than Luc's fair. That's pretty bad. Nair is fast but lacks range compared to our own. And lolwut. She's a priority house, but we still outrange her with just about everything but ftilt. By a decent amount. Her fsmash is considerably smaller in range, and even if you get caught by it's tip, it's easily SDI'd out from it. Ftilts are the same range. Her dsmash has almost no range on it. Seriously. Even Luc's outranges it. It's fast, but still very small. Her usmash is great, no complaints there.

I said don't land on the usmash. Meaning don't land on top of her. It's seriously not that hard. And I said that Lucario isn't disadvantaged in the match. Not that he has an advantage. It's fairly even I think.

Milln

Smash Champion
July 5th, 2008- Added pictures in the moveset section, courtesy of djbrowny. Kept the Preparation section green. Using the tags is now recommended to get to the section you want, as the Moveset section is now stretched out.

Thanks for the pictures.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Very nice guide. Will remeber this when I go to pwn my friends next time I meet them! I hope you can add more info soon; I'm really looking forward to it!

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Hiya.

Just wanted to say, this guide was one of the main reasons I decided to join SWF. I'm a very big fan of your work, and I know you must get this all the time, but I just wanted to say thanks.

Milln

Smash Champion
<3 Thank you all very much for your appreciation. I hope you have good fortune with Lucario. =3

Milln

Smash Champion
Fair officially negates Falco's Fire Bird. Space Animal Recovery sucks.

Snake FPGrab chain is finally confirmed by me to work.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
was trying to choose between luca and lucas, and i think u just made my decision 4 me. thanks :)

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucario made up your mind for you imo

Lucario is awesome, he attracts awesome players and people who switch to him become awesome, create guides like this, and thats what makes more people switch.

Hes had it planned from the start

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
some of those combos dont go in direction implied...
edit needed?
for example
fp to dash to nair

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
21:15] NonBlackShadow: My motherboard is fried and I won't be online for about two weeks and tell the Lucario boards for me.
[21:16] Kitamerby: ...Oh crap.
[21:16] Kitamerby: Alright.
[21:16] Kitamerby: Hope everything works out.
[21:16] NonBlackShadow: Thanks.

Milln

Smash Champion
I learned a lot at Kumite. I'll have some new prep list items and some other general strategies when I get back from my hiatus.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
This is the one that should be stickied!
Nice use of pictures =P Though.. any vertical wall Lucario can cling to, as long as it's not on too much of an angle. Which walls can he not cling to?
even so he can cling to final destination and that is a fairly big angle. :)

Nodrak

Smash Ace
even so he can cling to final destination and that is a fairly big angle. :)
It only looks like a big angle, there's an invisable wall... kinda. Same as the back of rainbow cruise or even better, the back of pirate ship. But yeah there are some odd spots like the waiting stage on wifi or pictochat where you can cling to that wierd angled edge.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
great combo list so far. they all work satisfactorily and are effective against most if not all characters..
cheers again

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It only looks like a big angle, there's an invisable wall... kinda. Same as the back of rainbow cruise or even better, the back of pirate ship. But yeah there are some odd spots like the waiting stage on wifi or pictochat where you can cling to that wierd angled edge.
true. see wat ya mean with pirate ship
cheers

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol. ah i c. so yeah. combo is inescapable. no worries kita. its manly tho...
:) :) :)
umm i came on here to say something.
o... maybe just to comment on lucarios gr8 range on his ledge attack. (compared to that of others)

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Ledge attack when under 100% is awesome. When above, it blows.

---

Kinda bad news. I've been messing around with CC frame data, and I can't seem to get any solid results (It's a little confusing, if you want I can explain). Perhaps if I was more experienced with frame data, I could do it, and if I ever do get better, I certainly will, but as of now, I'm stumped.

Sorry! : (

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
100% under is better, but I seem to hit pretty well with the over 100 too (It's like a mini Ike Fsmash, only with a long invincibility frame time).

Timbers

check me out
Luc's over 100% attack is pretty fail. The only time I ever use it is if someone is trying to recover onto the ledge above me. In other words, a scenario where I go unpunished for it.

@Jeepy: Try seeing how many frames, from start to finish, jab jab>FP is, and then do the same for jab jab>CC>FP? Would that work?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i think maybe the combos shud b edited to include situations that they wud b used in... coz some just so uair with no reference to how u got in the air kinda thing...
i dunno. thought it mite help understanding of the guide...
anyways..
catchas l8a. bye

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Luc's over 100% attack is pretty fail. The only time I ever use it is if someone is trying to recover onto the ledge above me. In other words, a scenario where I go unpunished for it.

@Jeepy: Try seeing how many frames, from start to finish, jab jab>FP is, and then do the same for jab jab>CC>FP? Would that work?
It's hilariously long-ranged, however, and it has a freaking ton of invincibility.

It's hilarious to watch people strain at fsmashing you while you slowly flip up, then you wallop them with your flaming toe of doom. :p

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
It's hilariously long-ranged, however, and it has a freaking ton of invincibility.

It's hilarious to watch people strain at fsmashing you while you slowly flip up, then you wallop them with your flaming toe of doom. :p
touche....

Milln

Smash Champion
July 22nd, 2008- Rotated introductory pictures, added a section devoted to Aura Sphere. The tag is (AURAORB). Took out the reiteration in the Managing Your Aura section and renamed it, added two new combos, added a prep, and noted percentages on the movelist section.

Big one this time. =o

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
New section on Aura Sphere was pretty good, I've been having a tough time against Dededes lately and I didn't know people couldn't grab through Aura Sphere. Very nice, I'm gonna do that more often now.

Milln, you need to pimp out Dtilt! It's soooo good!

Milln

Smash Champion
New section on Aura Sphere was pretty good, I've been having a tough time against Dededes lately and I didn't know people couldn't grab through Aura Sphere. Very nice, I'm gonna do that more often now.

Milln, you need to pimp out Dtilt! It's soooo good!
But I don't like it! T-T

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
But I don't like it! T-T
But Lucario takes a step back and his entire body becomes a hitbox so it's good for hitting opponents behind you! It has more hitstun and more options than Upthrow because it provides more favorable knockback with less cooldown animation. It's really fast too.
Play with C-stick set to tilt, you'll thank me for it.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time finding uses for dtilt. Like you said, it's really, really fast, and I think it has IASA frames, too. Dtlit-grab or dtilt-jab works sometimes, but I can rarely pull off dtilt-aerial. It seems to knock them too far away from me to follow up.

I prefer uthrow-utilt-**** anyday. :p

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I believe it's the latter.

What I did to test it was, go into training mode, put in on zoom at 1/4 speed, and spam d-tilt. I memorized the animation when he is able to do another d-tilt. The I did a d-tilt and held sheild to see when the move was complete, and the animation was the same as when I was spamming d-tilt, meaning no IASA frames.

I could be wrong, though.

Top Bottom