• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best & Worst Character In Brawl!! *Spoilers*

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Um, I have a couple things against this...

First, you shouldn't use this title. I actually thought it was going to be a detailed fact-based arguement on the best and worst character, not an opinionated discussion on you're favorite and least favorite character. You didn't put any facts behind you're opinions, and by just looking at how you wrote your first post you're already judging who's going to be the best by Melee's standards. Brawl is a whole new game. It doesn't even look like you've played Brawl.
This post put a smile on my face. =)

I agree with this man 100%. It will probably take a good 2 months, if not more, of experimentation to finally decide who will stand were in which tier.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
This post put a smile on my face. =)

I agree with this man 100%. It will probably take a good 2 months, if not more, of experimentation to finally decide who will stand were in which tier.
Thank you very much kind sir. This post put a smile on my face. :)
It's good to know the whole world isn't made up of mindless zombies.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Best : Link\Snake

(Honorable Mention : Pit\Wolf)

Worst : Yoshi\JPuff

Automatic Suck : Gay&Watch\ROB.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Fun fact: no one has a true answer. Not even the people who've played it. (Unless...you own it. And not many of you do.) Everyone is just being skeptical, and that's fine.
You are correct sir. But I can't shake the fealing that this thread will get a lot of people mad. But I hope I'm wrong about that.

I'm guessing with out Jump Cancel, people are saying that Yoshi is the worst, but he's not in my option.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
mine would be best: wolf, then lucario

worst: pit, then peach

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
I dunno why, but I'm guessing on nothing other than a few videos, rob and yoshi are the worst, best might be kirby or dedede

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
Um, I have a couple things against this...

First, you shouldn't use this title. I actually thought it was going to be a detailed fact-based arguement on the best and worst character, not an opinionated discussion on you're favorite and least favorite character. You didn't put any facts behind you're opinions, and by just looking at how you wrote your first post you're already judging who's going to be the best by Melee's standards. Brawl is a whole new game. It doesn't even look like you've played Brawl.

I've actually played Brawl, and Yoshi is better this time around. His F Smash, Bair, Uair, D-Tilt, F-Tilt, and U Smash have more range. He can recover with his Egg Toss for a little bit of momentum after double jumping. Although he has lost his DJC, it actually causes new strategies. He can short hop Uair, double jump Uair, and continue rising in the direction of the opponent to perform a Nair.

These are facts. I don't believe Yoshi is not the worst anymore. However, I don't think we've played the game long enough to decide who's bad, good, etc.
it's My OPINION which means everybody has different taste!! Plus Yoshi is cool, but just not the character I want!

Kips

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm going to bring my logic and forethought to play instead of going into a testosterone induced fanboy rage like everybody else.

The Best Character- Zero Suit Samus
Why? Because Zero Suit Samus was made ridiculously good in Brawl. She has two spikes, massive combo ability, a projectile, the ability to stun, huge range, good finishers, great launchers and a powerful recovery. This, coupled with the ease with which she is played, puts her at a fusion of Sheik and Marth due to the power of combo combined with range she presents. Logically she is the best character.

The Worst Character- Sonic
Don't scream and shout and cry- Sonic logically is the worst character in Brawl. He is nigh impossible to play at the speeds he would optimally be at, his B moves are at best used for mindgaming and to be generous, all consist of spinning at his opponent and hoping not to get Tilted away. His recovery move can be abused by others to use the springboard, while his combo and damage don't seem to be up to par with other contenders.

That's my take on it, flame if you will, but it seems to be the most logical choices.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Best: King Dedede/ R.O.B. tie

Second Best: Diddy/ Lucario/ Samus/ Wolf (tie)

Worst: Toon Link (I don't care)/ Jiggs/ Yoshi

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Best: Samus-Luigi-Metaknight-Ike-Marth-Olimar-Snake-Link

Worst: Diddy Kong-R.O.B-Toon Link-Lucas-Yoshi-Wolf (Too many Star Fox Reps, that's the only reason I chose Wolf. I would have much rather have had Ridley, Bomberman, Geno, King K.Rool, etc.)

=S-A=

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Best: I dunno.
Worst: I can safely say Yoshi, as cool as Yoshi is... :urg: WHY SAKURAI!!! WHY?!?!

My Best: Bowser. Meta Knight probably when I get Brawl. Or both. Maybe add Jiggz in there.

My worst: Sonic. OH DEAR GOD... THE SPEED IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE... I know he's Sonic but still...

OrnageOctopuse

Smash Rookie
From playing this game, I can say for the most part the characters are more or less balanced.

But my personal best are:

Ike/Bowser/Pokemon Trainer(Nerf Bullet Seed)/Wolf

Worst:

Yoshi/Jiggs

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Going by awesomeness factor:
Best: Mario
Worst: Sonic

Srsly, if you're a Nintendo fan, you should understand this. =P

Going by metagame predictions:
Best: really not sure to be honest, a lot of characters are making me happy. Particularly G&W.
Worst: Ganondorf. O_O

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Well I'm going to guess and predict some will be my favourite characters or worst are:
Best: Diddy Kong, king dedede, ROB, starfox characters, sonic

I'll choose these because they have an unique moveset and with some exceptions I play mostly fast and comboing ability characters or aerial characters with great recovery
worst: Bowser and probably some others

I'm not good with slow hitters or movement, because i normally go all out with mostly smash attacks and leave my self to an opening.
But one thing is that I will not main anyone just like in melee, so you can develop different stragies and to counterpick a character for someone who has trouble facing them with their main.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
THE BEST: Since Ive liked Fox since 64 Ima say him of course....

THE WORST: I'm definatly going to havta say WW Link or Toon Link or The other clone Link or whatever you prefer calling this waste of a character spot....They could of had a way better character in that spot or if he was going to be in no matter what then give him his own move set..I mean I remember when there were support threads for this character and everyone sayin Oh he can be so great and different n whatever but when we finally see him he turns out being no more of an importance to the roster than Young Link. But again I'm sure many may disagree on how I feel towards this character but thats okay if youy like him then thats your opinion. But I hate this character.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
best--pit or marth

worst--not my place to judge

but, i personally hope that pit won't be "too good" because then there will be too many pit fans, and i just to play pit because he's a retro character, his recovery, and his aerial attack capabilities.

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking from some videos that the best characters will be Toon Link, Pit, and Lucario. Lucario is definitely higher tier+ IMO :/

As for worst, eh. Ganon then Yoshi, Ganon looks so horrible.

Personally I think Snake and Marth will be pretty good too, but only because of Psycho ****** videos and Melee Marth :p

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Best: Marth,Olimar,or Snake. Marth as he was and still is uber1337awesome(unforunately....>_>) Olimar for his high damage-racking and great finshers, and Snake...cus of Pyscho ******. :p

Worst: Yoshi. No contest.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yoshi isnt the worst, he has recieved so many buffs this time around:(. Look at the Yoshi Discussion threads in the character discussion, he has a lot going for him!

Top Bottom