• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best & Worst Character In Brawl!! *Spoilers*

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are so many characters i want to play as but my main is going to be Fox, of course i played with him since the first! And i would say the worst is..... Yoshi! What's your best and worst character in brawl?

(Here is the full roster to remind you)

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Luigi main.

I think Pit/Toon Link will be outstanding!

Link looks pretty city. (city wok)

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Though it's early, it looks like Toon Link my be an early favorite for top character, and the Ice Climbers 9w/ or w/o Nana) look pretty bad compared to other characters.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
How dare you say Yoshi is worst. D:

The character I'm best with is Yoshi

The character I'm worst with is probably J-Puff.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Pit will hopefully be one of the best characters, he has a lot of potential. The worst character is probably either Jiggly or Olimar.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Pit will hopefully be one of the best characters, he has a lot of potential. The worst character is probably either Jiggly or Olimar.
Olimar? haven't you seen any of his Vdeos I'd say he's toward the best.

Best- Olimar, Pit, PT (Hopefully), R.O.B., Marth

Worst- Jigglypuff or Donkey Kong

Jun.

Smash Lord
judging by the responses in this thread, one could easily tell that the game hasn't been out long enough for this discussion to truly be insightful lol. ask the same question in melee and you'll get relatively parallel answers.

but for brawl

best: marth?

worst: ?

who knows

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
why does everybody think Jigglypuff will be the worst >_>

I think jiggly is top tier matierial.

Ganon looks pretty bad tho.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Underestimate Jigglypuff at your peril!

I would say Popo without Nana, he becomes so crippled without her.
I want to agree, but my friend who mains the Ice Climbers somehow becomes a beast without Nana. Don't ask me, I don't understand it. But somehow, he's better without her.

But, I still haven't play the game, so I'm basing this on videos. Yoshi still looks like the weakest, but everyone has been balanced out so well, it's difficult to pick who is "the best". I think matchups are also becoming more important, so it's hard to say. I'll go with Sonic, though as soon as someone masters him. That speed is unreal.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Best: Probably Marth, Pit, ROB, Wolf
Worst: IC, Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, Pikachu, DK,

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
lol, this thread is funny. Everyone's got a different answer, and half of them probably haven't played the game yet.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
to early to really say but it seems that...

My Best: Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Pit, PT, Wolf, Mr. G&W, R.O.B, Ike, D3
My Worst: Donkey Kong, Fox, Ice Climbers, Peach, Mario, Captain Falcon

Most Likely (best): Link(since 1999)
Most Likely (worst): DK(since 1999)

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Best: As of now, it is extremely hard to even grasp the battle for top tier. There are so many new unique and interesting options offering astounding abilities in so mny areas. We have fighters gifted with new and increadable recovery like pit, Metaknight, and Dedede, poweful and devistateing attacks being devilered by Bowser, wario, and Ike, and even the classic threats of Fox, Marth, and Shiek.

Worst: Somewhat easier to actually list out, but not by a long shot. There are some players so far that have been absolute crap with no change this time around (Yoshi, DK, I'm looking at you) That will be a breeze to place. ...but then there's the new and improved fighters that may just shed there reputation and maybe be low or even middle tier (Hello there Mr.Game&Watch)

When all's said and done, only time and experimentation will truely decide the tiers.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Which character is the best/worst: I don't know. None of you know.

Which character(s) I will be playing as: Wario, Pit, Meta Knight

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how anyone's supposed to have a decent answer for this even unofficially when the game hasn't been out for a month yet. I don't think I've even worked out my "official" best and worst characters in Melee, and that had 13 less movesets to choose from and six more years to decide.

Anyway. I will main Jigglypuff; this will not change unless they ruined her in every way. That doesn't make her my best, just my main. Kirby and Meta Knight will be co-mains; I like flying characters, if you can't tell. Zelda, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco, and Pikachu are all pending how good I am with them. Note that King Dedede's the only fully unproven character there--I'll stick with the others as long as they haven't been too nerfed from Melee. Might play Sheik a little too, just because I like Zelda. I like the unorthodox movesets for Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, and ROB, but they've got a lot to prove. Ness and G&W would have to be buffed. Lucas and ROB I can't speak for because I've never played anything like them.

Meanwhile, I'll never use Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, or Fox unless random picks them for me. (And even then I just might reset instead.) Don't like the personalities of DK, Link, Fox, or Wario, so whether Wario is good is irrelevant to me; I won't be playing him either way. I do like Yoshi as a character, but I've always sucked with his playing style. I'll probably also pass on Mario, Samus, Bowser, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Ike, Diddy Kong, Sonic, Olimar, and Lucario unless they prove to be a lot better than I'm expecting.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact: no one has a true answer. Not even the people who've played it. (Unless...you own it. And not many of you do.) Everyone is just being skeptical, and that's fine.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Um, I have a couple things against this...

First, you shouldn't use this title. I actually thought it was going to be a detailed fact-based arguement on the best and worst character, not an opinionated discussion on you're favorite and least favorite character. You didn't put any facts behind you're opinions, and by just looking at how you wrote your first post you're already judging who's going to be the best by Melee's standards. Brawl is a whole new game. It doesn't even look like you've played Brawl.

What's with the hate for Yoshi? He pwns if you know how to use him.
I've actually played Brawl, and Yoshi is better this time around. His F Smash, Bair, Uair, D-Tilt, F-Tilt, and U Smash have more range. He can recover with his Egg Toss for a little bit of momentum after double jumping. Although he has lost his DJC, it actually causes new strategies. He can short hop Uair, double jump Uair, and continue rising in the direction of the opponent to perform a Nair.

These are facts. I don't believe Yoshi is not the worst anymore. However, I don't think we've played the game long enough to decide who's bad, good, etc.

Top Bottom