• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BEST way to figure out Brawl's release

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Haha, at least you tried. On Best Buy's online store, they're saying that SSBB is coming out March 15. It also says that Metroid Prime: Corruption is coming out the 15th too. Mario Galaxy is supposed to come out on the 15th as well. Does that make any sense to you? Nintendo wouldn't release 3 massive titles on the same day. Other websites claim they have the release date, but it's just ridiculous. Why not just wait for Nintendo/Sakurai to state an official date?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I just want the developers to take there sweet little time to make "DA GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!" Still, I want the game now just like you guys, but there's an old saying: "Patience is virtue."

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't see what the big rush is, if you want the game to be good let it take it's course. I don't see why Nintendo should have to release patches to create decent online, it should be decent from the start. There's an old saying 'Do it right or don't do it at all'', and that saying applies here. They should either do whatever they are doing right or don't do it at all.

I don't care if Brawl gets delayed or not because there's otherwise other things to do until it comes out.

P.S. I agree with the guy that wants decent online, I have no competetion here at all either.

nuro

Smash Lord
I think this was a quote from Bruce Lee

"Whenever you look at a problem and you don't know what will happen to it, always think of the worst possible solution. This way, my friend, you will be prepared for anything." or maybe it was be like water... Idk

Yeah he suggests it will come out in around X-Mas of 2007. And Bruce Lee is never wrong.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
when u play games online on wii do u need some kind of cord to plug to the cpu... I hope not but i doubt the game will come out in march maybe later

Black/Light

Smash Master
http://wii.ign.com/articles/737/737632p1.html

"The topic of Smash Bros. Brawl came up only once, with Sakurai assuring that development is proceeding smoothly with the game."

So everythings going smoothly. . . .

"Mostly, Sakurai reinforced statements he'd made in the past about his big Wii project. Smash Bros. Brawl will definitely see Japanese release in 2007, he said, although he wouldn't commit to a more specific time frame."

That sounds good. . . .

"Smash Bros. Brawl seems to be getting all of Sakurai's attention at the moment. Famitsu asked if he's working on anything aside from the Wii title and a recent concert that he lead in Tokyo. Apparently, Sakurai has gotten many offers, but he's turned them all down. "I feel the need to fully take on the responsibility when taking on a job. This has become even more important since becoming a freelancer. If you take on two projects, you definitely won't be able do a good job with a game as big as Smash Bros. Brawl." "

He is working on it full time. . . .

Yeah, I had a source that said this better but I can't find it now. But I DO remember reading this said source where he said that he is working full time on Brawl/ That Nintedo is giving him a halla alot of money to make this game and that everything was 'going well/ going as planed'.

I say. . . . early fall at latest/ late spring at earlyest.

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
Haha, at least you tried. On Best Buy's online store, they're saying that SSBB is coming out March 15. It also says that Metroid Prime: Corruption is coming out the 15th too. Mario Galaxy is supposed to come out on the 15th as well. Does that make any sense to you? Nintendo wouldn't release 3 massive titles on the same day. Other websites claim they have the release date, but it's just ridiculous. Why not just wait for Nintendo/Sakurai to state an official date?
i live in canada and best buy is owned by the same pepole who owns futer shop

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Maybe if mario Glxy comes out March 15th, the metroid game would have to come out at least a month after. Then Brawl would come out maybe even two months after due to the fact that metroid prime is so popular

beebee

Smash Apprentice
I saw on gamestats.com that brawl is going to release December 31, 2007. :( Thats so far away.
364 days away

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, Mr. Sakurai said the game was coming out in 2007 which would make that the last possible date.

I'm gonna randomly say it comes out on Oct. 17th which, while it is my birthday, puts on the same day as Phantom Hourglass which could give a healthy one-two, DS-Wii punch. But, really, I think this topic is completely up in the air.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Everybody, stop posting dates. Just stop. Also, a few things to clarify...

1)Ever played wifi on the DS? Not very laggy, and it had a crappy signal range. It spends a long time loading so it can create a strong connection.
2)Brawl is planned to come out late this year. I'm guessing fall.
3)I hate it when people act like they know anything about making a game...Zelda was an adventure game, completed several months before launch, using motion controls, and had a lot of items to program. Of course it took awhile. You try to make a 3D game(use VB6 and DX9). You make progress pretty fast if it's sidescrolling. Now create a 3D game. Takes awhile doesn't it?
4: Patches honestly do not take up much room... Seriously, system updates make a take a few blocks(no more than 50 for a MAJOR one), do to the fact they just change some of the code. Adding a program takes longer. If nothing else, Brawl will be released with an online connection that did not work that could be fixed without eating memory up...(I hate it when people try to act like they know what they're talking about).

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I can't believe this festered for this long. If I had seen it earlier I would've closed it immediately.

There is no sure-fire way to figure out a Nintendo release date EXCEPT the following:

Whenever they say it will release, it's later than that.

They're shooting for spring of 2007, so expect it during the 2007 holiday season (November or December). Of course this isn't official, but I've been a Nintendo fan for many years, and I've followed the progress of their big releases. If Brawl comes out any earlier than October, I will be very, VERY surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom