• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BEST way to figure out Brawl's release

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_cobra3600

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Split 2007 into 3 PARTS. The December issue of Nintendo Power said MP3:Corruption was slated for release WINTER 2007. Mario's model is from Galaxy, so Galaxy MUST COME BEFORE BRAWL!!So...We can expect Brawl around May, June, July or August.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Mario's model is not from Galaxy. The one in Galaxy looks a bit like the Sunshine model.
The SSBB model is an original model. But I do think brawl will be out around July.

Peeze

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Mario in Brawl is based off his classic look just 3-d. Brawl isn't coming out for awhile that's all we know, for definite, just do like the rest of us and wait till Sakurai leaks more info.

King_cobra3600

Smash Apprentice
The Melee model of Mario was the Sunshine model.Need proof? Buy Sunshine and play it. You'll agree with me.

EDIT: How can Brawl Mario be Classic looking in 3-D? The classic Mario was 8-BIT!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I think he means classic as in Box art, or SM64, or Sunshine. In that case, don't they ALL kinda look classic!?

EDIT: Actually Mario IS a classic character after all...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Here's how you know:

1. NOA released a release list for January-March, no Brawl.
2. Reggie, in an interview with MTV, said that MP3 would 'arrive with the next batch of big games' following the release of the Q1 titles. No mention of Brawl, which would certainly be big enough to actually specify.

Nintendo probably doesn't think that the game will be done by the second quarter of 2007. So there, don't expect it in the first half of the year.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
while i dont exactly agree with your logic, i do believe that Brawl will hit around the summer months, hey it, might actully be a birthday gift to myself, lol. (July 27th)

I actully think it may drop in August, but only time will tell.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's probably going to come out have summer as someone else said, I don't think they should rush either, if it isn't done it should be delayed.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
idk.. summer release would be awsome but i think next fall, even winter, are more likly

There is no possible way to"figure out" the games release date because it is still in development.They don't release it when people figure it out,they release a game after development is DONE,then they release an approximate release date,followed by an exact release date.

Please people...let's just wait to see what nintendo says.

King_cobra3600

Smash Apprentice
Here's how you know:

1. NOA released a release list for January-March, no Brawl.
2. Reggie, in an interview with MTV, said that MP3 would 'arrive with the next batch of big games' following the release of the Q1 titles. No mention of Brawl, which would certainly be big enough to actually specify.

Nintendo probably doesn't think that the game will be done by the second quarter of 2007. So there, don't expect it in the first half of the year.
This is why I said split 2007 into 3 parts!

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm expecting Brawl near Christmas, unless Galaxy comes out around then. If Galaxy comes out in the November area, then Brawl should be out Q3.

Q1 is not happening...definitely. Q2, probably not, considering MP3 should be (hopefully) coming out at around that time.

So, Q3/Q4 are the only logical choices. One for Galaxy, one for Brawl.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think brawl will be ready untill at earliest, augest, but that doesn't seem likely so I'm fully expecting a november/december 07 release, unless they delay it, then I think am Spring 08 release seems likely, I think they only have been working on brawl for about a year, although they do have over double the people working on it then melee had, so I dunno it might be done in less then two years, melee was, anyways, I hope it at least has these features.

* 35+ Chars
* Online Multiplayer
* 51 Event Matches. (may have rehashes though)
* All game modes return
* May be used with Gamecube controller, Classic Controller or a gc style wiimote shell.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think it won't come out in 2007 at all, I bet it will be delayed. We really shouldn't expect Brawl to drop before Q4.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The best way is to speculate it comes out in December 2007.

That way, you can rejoice when you learn that it comes out earlier than you expected.

If it does come out in December, then you get to say 'I told you so.'

The character model theory doesn't work... most of the characters are orignal models. Especially ugly fox. (Yes, he's different from command...)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You won't believe what I found:

"Just found out from a friend at IGN that Nintendo was going to launch the Wii with Smash Bros. not online, and build a new Zelda game from the ground up to release Q4 2008...They then realized "The public would not accept a major multiplayer game with no online functionality in the year 2006"...so anyway they couldn't get the online to work well at all and cancelled their original plan.

They then decided to make LoZTP a Wii lauch title..As of early December they still haven't gotten the game near online capable (Note IGN's review of Pokemon, they said there were second long delays everytime you do something in a -menu- based game).

So he tells me they are "trying" to get the game ready for Q4 2007, and if progress is not made within the next two months they are releasing the game with no online Q2 2007. He told me they will probably get the game online with a likely release date Q1/Q2 2008, as they are expecting the game to be a system seller."

In short, SSBB with online Q1/Q2 08 or SSBB without online Q2 07. I'm torn between wanting both...

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
You won't believe what I found:

"Just found out from a friend at IGN that Nintendo was going to launch the Wii with Smash Bros. not online, and build a new Zelda game from the ground up to release Q4 2008...They then realized "The public would not accept a major multiplayer game with no online functionality in the year 2006"...so anyway they couldn't get the online to work well at all and cancelled their original plan.

They then decided to make LoZTP a Wii lauch title..As of early December they still haven't gotten the game near online capable (Note IGN's review of Pokemon, they said there were second long delays everytime you do something in a -menu- based game).

So he tells me they are "trying" to get the game ready for Q4 2007, and if progress is not made within the next two months they are releasing the game with no online Q2 2007. He told me they will probably get the game online with a likely release date Q1/Q2 2008, as they are expecting the game to be a system seller."

In short, SSBB with online Q1/Q2 08 or SSBB without online Q2 08. I'm torn between wanting both...
No nintendo was working on zelda since 03, they didn't even announce smash brothers brawl till E3-05, which was about 2 years after devolopement on the twilight princess started, when they announced it they did say it would be online, and that it also would be a launch title, since they where not ready it was delayed though, I'm expecting them to have a playable build though next may or so, and hopefully they can get it to work fine online, cause smash online would be awsome if they could make it work well.

Metà

Smash Master
Oh man, I know the BEST way to figure out Brawl's release! Just ****ing wait and stop speculating because it's pointless and wasting bandwidth! I'm a genius!

Sensai

Smash Master
Nintendo said that Metroid and Mario Galaxy would be out in Q4 of 07 didn't they?
They've said different things about this...

The last official (i.e., from Nintendo) thing I've heard is that Metroid is going to be in the 'next series of big games' and that Mario will be released between 'March and Christmas'. The Metroid thing is probably a reference to the drought of games that Nintendo has been plagued with over the past few consoles, so expect it in late Q1, Q2, or early Q3. The announcement of Mario is too vague to really draw any conclusions from, except that in it's current state it's not ready (which is funny, considering it was playable way back when).

Red Exodus said:
In short, SSBB with online Q1/Q2 08 or SSBB without online Q2 08. I'm torn between wanting both...
You mean Q2 07 without online. And that whole thing that you typed before that is probably bogus, as Nintendo will be releasing Metroid in that time. There's no need for two huge games in that one period, which brings me to think that Smash will be released in Q3.

Meta wins the Internets for his post. And Peeze is a **** cool guy.

/bow

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
You guys just want it to be released in the summer, that's your only logic.

I think it will be playable at this year's E3, but won't release until Q4 2007. I'm guessing it will be the holiday seller. Japan will most likely get it near the end of Q3.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Knowing nintendo they'll probably delay it til it has reached utter perfection and who knows when thats gonna be. But if the game needs more work then thats fine i'll just sit rockin back and forth all 2007 (possibly 2008!?!?) gibbering to myself bout the release date

D

Deleted member

The best way is to speculate it comes out in December 2007.

That way, you can rejoice when you learn that it comes out earlier than you expected.

If it does come out in December, then you get to say 'I told you so.'

The character model theory doesn't work... most of the characters are orignal models. Especially ugly fox. (Yes, he's different from command...)
Genius. Topic over.

Any other discussion will simply cause half this board to implode:laugh: .

Pit 42

Smash Lord
As long as Brawl is not delayed until 2008, I can wait for it. I'm not really concerned about when it'll be released as long as it is as good as it looks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What I posted is from an unreliable source so it could be wrong, but when you think about it, it sounds logical. Sakurai said they were having trouble getting online to work properly so I doubt they would slave away trying to work on something without progress.

Sensai

Smash Master
How hard can online really be? I mean, if the DS is working fine, surely it wouldn't be much of a change to get Wii games to work, right?

I know the data's bigger and bandwith would be higher but....

I dunno, I'm a technical nub.

Oh, and Kereokacola: Everytime I see you post anywhere, I want to go play SMRPG...so, I'm off! See you fellas in a few days.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You guys just want it to be released in the summer, that's your only logic.
Win. I've pretty much rationalized Nintendo's actions because of this. I want it to come out before summer so I think it'll be a smart move for Nintendo to do so because lots of kids will have free time. In reality, I know nothing. *points randomly to a date on the calandar*

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
if you go ot gamestop.com and look up SSBB you will get a release in june 1 but that is subject to change and probly will so im thinking it will come out June

marthsword

Smash Ace
if you go ot gamestop.com and look up SSBB you will get a release in june 1 but that is subject to change and probly will so im thinking it will come out June
Gamestop is the work of the devil. 'nuff said. (sorry for stealing your line mic, it was too hard to resist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom