• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Way to Edgeguard with Link

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Hm, thats exactly what i wrote (not that detailed), but i dont use a second jump most of the time, i do both in one full jump, it's somehow faster.

Deva

Smash Lord
Welll, that's why I posted, cuz you didnt mention the double jump. For the edge guard to work, there needs to be space between you and the bomb. If you just drop it and dair after it, it's right under you. It's like your dair has a slightly larger hit box, but still, good players would have the same options of getting around your method as the original Dair edgeguard since the bomb is so close to Link. You need the double jump so your opponent has no way to get above or to the side of you to get a gimp.

The only way to do it from your method would be to release the bomb as soon as you begin the jump so that by the time you make it to the height of the jump, the bomb is far enough below you to do the edge guard. That's a lot harder to time though, and you didn't mention that in your explanation. It's actually more practical in competetive play, but the double jump is much easier for people getting used to the edge guard to learn and understand, which is what were trying to do for the boards.

Finns7

Smash Ace
this works most of the time, but be careful not to miss them and if you do recover quickly. Link can edgeguard you just have to find what works good.

Top Bottom