• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best toon link users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIRN

Smash Cadet
It's too early to say who is "best"- I think that's silly. Because of the sheer lag, I do not find wifi very indicative of personal skill, and more of a practice ground for in-person play. I watch videos from time to time mainly to get ideas for strategies that might be useful to me So far, that guy Bowchet has the most similar play-style to me and so it's his videos that I prefer and have gotten a few things from.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
this thread should be closed for a while...

theres no proof of who is the best toon link yet
and i think we should let players act how they want
diems a nice guy maybe a lil too proud but he is worth prais
other than that i thing we should tone down the flaming >:p

also, diem who are you maining anyway?
brokenknight.

I don't agree about your sheer lag thing. I've been playing over WiFi a bit today, and I find that the controls are okay, my character responds pretty fast.
this is dependent on who you're playing.

MIRN

Smash Cadet
Well, perhaps it's dependent on your ISP, but I definitely experience up to 2-3 seconds of lag consistently on wifi- which I think is quite significant.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
Did I say you were bad? No... Stop being arrogant. You are just one of those kids that comes into these threads and tries to make yourself sound like a god at the game because you beat some kids over WiFi... All I'm saying is it means nothing. Go to tournaments and prove yourself there. Never in my post did I say I was better then you because I've never seen you play, so you need to stfu... You just make yourself sound like an idiot and a complete noob at the game when you try to tell people you are good because you play on WiFi... I hate cocky kids like you who feel like they need to prove something to the forum because they want to put their name out there.
alright man chill. and im not kid im 17 .im not wasting my time anymore with u.:)

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
im one of the best with toon link..
i know some of you think that im liying. so if anybody want to brawl let me know
i would only play if your good btw.
oh snap, it's dmbrandon ver. 2.0.

lolol JK JK ;D

i'm willing to bet that diem's a hell of a lot better than this guy. sorry diem <3

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
ill show u guys a video soon of my toon link. then you can tell if my TL sucks or if it is good.:)
btw i play alomost like diem but a little better. just wait till u watch my vid

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Mods close this thread it's a friggin flame fest.
For the record, I appreciated this thread.
The youtube links were nice, and the names of who to look up were helpful.

It doesn't really matter who is the best; good players in general are worth watching.
Even if someone else is better than them. ;)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
baiiirrrrrr
Haha. I could already tell what this meant in it's entirety.

First, TOO MANY F-SMASH'S. It's not as good as it looks, and it'll be stale-moved by the time you actually need it.

Second, what Jake said. Here's a summary, "you can short hop TWO Bairs before you hit the ground." Now run with that idea.

Third, more air time! You're not spending any time in the air, and that's where Bairs come into play, but also Nairs and Fairs.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
having realized my last post made little to no sense, i'm going to say this.

first off, sorry my post was terribly worded. bottom line is, i just respect all good players a lot. and also, i'd like to agree that, at least for now, we just close this thread as it is pointless. but thats just my opinion.

arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, lets all remember that.

that's all. peace

MIRN

Smash Cadet
Also needs more bombs, in addition to the recommendations stated above. Bombs are a great way to get some combos started.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
Haha. I could already tell what this meant in it's entirety.

First, TOO MANY F-SMASH'S. It's not as good as it looks, and it'll be stale-moved by the time you actually need it.

Second, what Jake said. Here's a summary, "you can short hop TWO Bairs before you hit the ground." Now run with that idea.

Third, more air time! You're not spending any time in the air, and that's where Bairs come into play, but also Nairs and Fairs.
first your right i gotta stop doing too much f smash even though it works .

second. thats the first thing i learn when i start using Tlink. i dont like doing that alot but i know how to do it.

third i learn that been in the air alot sometimes is bad.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Iam really good with toon link but i want to play against a good player all the player that i play vs online in basic brawl suck.

JakeTL

Smash Cadet
first your right i gotta stop doing too much f smash even though it works .

second. thats the first thing i learn when i start using Tlink. i dont like doing that alot but i know how to do it.

third i learn that been in the air alot sometimes is bad.
F smash doesnt work vs anyone who knows what theyre doing..

second, just rarbair over and over:p

third, being in the air alot isnt bad as tlink:pP

Deva

Smash Lord
Chip is the best or at least one of the best toon Links. If you don't believe, go ask anyone he's played before in person, or go ahead and play him online, yeah, he *****. >_>

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
It's true Chip is probably the best toon link i've played, our matches are close but for the most part he wins.

Chip if you read this i added you on MSN and AIM so we need to play more TL dittos :).

Deva

Smash Lord
No, Chip is hands down the best TL out there. Why? because I play him all the freakin time, and if you ever visited the Link boards you'd know who I was. I haven't posted any vids of him really, which is why you guys wouldn't really know, but trust me, utter ****. He's at least as good as I am if not better.

I'll try to get some vids of him up in a few days.

fusiongtxz

Smash Cadet
My Toon Link is actually pretty good atm. No I'm no where near being slightly close to the best... but I watch videos over Kizzu, see what he dose, see what I do diffrently, And I can just say right now the gap is closing pretty quickly and I'm running out of things to learn, ;P I hope to be challengeing Kizzu sometime next month xD

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I have to agree with Deva Chip is probably the best, I've seen him play and he's vary good. Kizzu and diem are good but they're not as good as chip IMO.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Just because you play him all the time does not mean he's the best TL... I'm not saying he isn't the best, but thats kind of an ignorant statement to say he's hands down the best..

That's like how I could be the best because 14him (who's currently number 1 on gb) said I was the best he's ever played. Hardly anyone knows who I am, and I'm sure not many people know about Chip since I haven't heard anything about him until now.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Just because you play him all the time does not mean he's the best TL... I'm not saying he isn't the best, but thats kind of an ignorant statement to say he's hands down the best..

That's like how I could be the best because 14him (who's currently number 1 on gb) said I was the best he's ever played. Hardly anyone knows who I am, and I'm sure not many people know about Chip since I haven't heard anything about him until now.
Game battles means nothing. n-o-t-h-i-n-g

Look up the results of capital brawl, and see where bardull landed. Being a good TL user isn't even important anymore

Top tier:
Meta
DeDeDe
Snake
Game and Watch

For now, these are the characters you'll see winning tournaments. Them and anyone Azen uses. XD

Also, I don't wanna go through this again, but please stop using me as an example. I don't main TL. In fact, the videos you're basing my skill on are from EARLY FEBRUARY, where I played him for all of a week and a half. Anyone that even compares to those videos should not be considered, cause balls out, I sucked back then, and it's silly.

I have no interest in playing over wifi, nor do I want to TL ditto.

If you do want to play, I'll be more than happy to, be it you're somewhat close to me.

Lastly, if you insist on placing the best toon link users, why not consider the ones who have won tournaments? Oh wait...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
No, Chip is hands down the best TL out there. Why? because I play him all the freakin time, and if you ever visited the Link boards you'd know who I was. I haven't posted any vids of him really, which is why you guys wouldn't really know, but trust me, utter ****. He's at least as good as I am if not better.

I'll try to get some vids of him up in a few days.
The way you talk is annoying. Stop preaching, and stop acting like you're good. It's annoying. No one knows who you are, because no one goes to the link boards? please.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I didn't say gamebattles meant anything. I was proving a point that just because one player says so-and-so player is the best, doesn't mean its true.

GB is annoying.

Chip.

you know what to do
Lol thanks for the compliments guys haha ^_^

Aight BC lol I look forward to those toon Link dittos.

The way you talk is annoying. Stop preaching, and stop acting like you're good. It's annoying. No one knows who you are, because no one goes to the link boards? please.
Who are you again?

Coselm

Smash Ace
I didn't say gamebattles meant anything. I was proving a point that just because one player says so-and-so player is the best, doesn't mean its true.

GB is annoying.
Yeah. Lag for the lose.

And I don't think we should even be discussing tiers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom