• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best toon link users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deva

Smash Lord
Just because you play him all the time does not mean he's the best TL... I'm not saying he isn't the best, but thats kind of an ignorant statement to say he's hands down the best..

That's like how I could be the best because 14him (who's currently number 1 on gb) said I was the best he's ever played. Hardly anyone knows who I am, and I'm sure not many people know about Chip since I haven't heard anything about him until now.
It'd be ignorant from you're point of view because you're not good or at least recognized by good players. And yeah, gb is for noobs and proves nothing lol. Now, I'm a ranked player in Washington, play with pros all the time, and am currently considered to be the best Link out there by many if not the majority of smashers that have an opinion on the matter. So yeah, me saying Chip is the best cuz he plays me does mean something. The reason you haven't heard of him is because all you do is watch videos to see how good people are. You should go look at tournament listings. You know, stuff that actually shows you how good people are? maybe then you'd see that Chip has tourney results to back him.

dmbrandon said:
The way you talk is annoying. Stop preaching, and stop acting like you're good. It's annoying. No one knows who you are, because no one goes to the link boards? please.
Lol, who are you again? You should check around a bit before running your mouth. Link boards are just an example. Check regional zones. Tournament listings. State rankings, you know, what can actually show if a player is any good. Get it? As in I don't need to act like I'm good cuz I have proof to back it? Whereas you have.......what?
lol, nub, maybe you should take a reality check and see that no one GOOD knows who you are or at least recognizes that you're good, lol.

Also, most pros that have been debating the issue agree that TL should be in the top three if not THE top of the tier list. Again, check around a bit. This site has a search engine for a reason.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I never said I was good either, and for you to say I'm not good without even seeing how I play is dumb.. and no, no i do not watch videos to see how good people are. Brawl videos are incredibly boring... Stop making assumptions with no basis. I haven't really been in the loop for Brawl until more recently. For the first few weeks or so I didn't even bother with Smashboards unless it was to check for some tournaments.

Also, I have played with some really good people. Maybe not constantly since I don't have time.. but I do well against them if not beating them. That includes Overswarm, Azen, G-reg, Needles of Juntah, Vidjo, etc. etc. And if you're in washington.. are you anywhere near Digipen? I have a friend thats going to school there.

Deva

Smash Lord
I never said I was good either, and for you to say I'm not good without even seeing how I play is dumb.. and no, no i do not watch videos to see how good people are. Brawl videos are incredibly boring... Stop making assumptions with no basis. I haven't really been in the loop for Brawl until more recently. For the first few weeks or so I didn't even bother with Smashboards unless it was to check for some tournaments.

Also, I have played with some really good people. Maybe not constantly since I don't have time.. but I do well against them if not beating them. That includes Overswarm, Azen, G-reg, Needles of Juntah, Vidjo, etc. etc. And if you're in washington.. are you anywhere near Digipen? I have a friend thats going to school there.
Well then, you see my point. Unless you go prove that you are good you have nothing to back your claims and therefor your opinion has no weight. I on the other hand say you're not good just for that reason, at least until you prove otherwise by doing well at a large tournament with good players or at least be recognized by them as doing well. And the Brawl vids thing was a joke, you know, since you had no basis for your opinion at the time without tournament results. Pretty much all you could base your opinion on was vids, but apparently you didn't do that either >_>. Also, I'm pretty far from Digipen, but I go around there for the regional tournaments and what not. What's his name? BTW, I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk, but you have to understand it is annoying when you're having a debate with someone you know has little or no proof that they're any good to back their claims. No hard feelings.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea it's all good, i just hope you know where I'm getting at too. Anyway, his names Amani and I heard he's gotten pretty good, but have no idea lol. Supposedly he was one of the best at the school in Melee.

Deva

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll look him up sometime. I'm sure Herosublime has played him there. I'm sure he's maining Toon Link now too since he was a Young Link main back when melee was around.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Dude your nothing special at all with tink, and you have only crappy vids to prove it?
my vids are from what? Early February? Where I SDd over and over trying to be funny?

Where are your vids?

The fact is, you guys shouldn't be talking about this, it's not important. All you're doing is causing trouble.

Chip.

you know what to do
I'm diem, son. The one who's tl compares to yours, when you main him, and I don't consider him in my top 5! XD

MM?
I don't know who's comparing your toon Link to mine but your's is horrendous Lol. Seriously, who are you lol? You're just some random nub who's pretending to be good at brawl when in reality your just bad at the game and want attention.

Okay $100 MM accepted. You should come to Washington some time so we can do it. We can do both Brawl and Melee ^_^

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't know who's comparing your toon Link to mine but your's is horrendous Lol. Seriously, who are you lol? You're just some random nub who's pretending to be good at brawl when in reality your just bad at the game and want attention.

Okay $100 MM accepted. You should come to Washington some time so we can do it. We can do both Brawl and Melee ^_^
I'm completely down with a 100$ mm. If we're ever at the same tourn, be sure it's gonna happen.

Edit: Don't give me the whole 'who are you' schtick. Me and kizzu are the first 6 pages of this thread. You're a bit tardy to the party, noobstyles.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
I think we should stop ****ting ourselves, and realize that whoever was the better player in melee pretty much has the potential for a good while to be the better player in brawl.

No more lies!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Everyone is bad at Brawl. DIDN'T YOU GUYS READ GIMPYFISH'S THREAD???? lol.

Everyone except me of course, I'm obviously the greatest Brawl player EVER!! haha.

Chip and Kizzu, I feel the need to fight you guys. I run the Toon Link clan and BattleChrist is one of our top fighters. PM me if you're interested!

Deva

Smash Lord
I'm completely down with a 100$ mm. If we're ever at the same tourn, be sure it's gonna happen.

Edit: Don't give me the whole 'who are you' schtick. Me and kizzu are the first 6 pages of this thread. You're a bit tardy to the party, noobstyles.
Wow, you really don't get it do you. Who gives a crap when you were on this thread lol. randomzeldafan32 could have started it and posted on the first six pages. Does that make them good? lol. You still don't have any proof that you're any good, and vids don't prove anything except tech skill which Brawl has little or none of. In all honesty, people who were good at melee tend to be better in general in Brawl. Chip was in the top 3 for best Young Link if not the best. So yeah, just hungry for attention huh? Well, here's a little lesson for ya. THERE'S A REASON NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU. YOU AREN'T ANY GOOD. The sooner you understand that the sooner you can get better and stop sucking.

ggz

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you really don't get it do you. Who gives a crap when you were on this thread lol. randomzeldafan32 could have started it and posted on the first six pages. Does that make them good? lol. You still don't have any proof that you're any good, and vids don't prove anything except tech skill which Brawl has little or none of. In all honesty, people who were good at melee tend to be better in general in Brawl. Chip was in the top 3 for best Young Link if not the best. So yeah, just hungry for attention huh? Well, here's a little lesson for ya. THERE'S A REASON NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU. YOU AREN'T ANY GOOD. The sooner you understand that the sooner you can get better and stop sucking.

ggz
When a big tourney comes around u guys should all go and settle it there

Chip.

you know what to do

I don't care if your being idolized by randoms for the first 6 pages of this dumb thread >_>. That doesn't take away the fact that your a nobody and still horrendous at the game. I've not only have never heard of you before but I've never heard anyone who's good talk about you. Seriously who are you and who do you play with? Stop pretending you're good at this game. If you weren't so ignorant you'd realize that Deva is probably the best Brawl Link player so far (Deva's the only Link player I've seen that has placed top 3 in a state brawl tourney) and is very well known, how you did not know this I'm not sure, but why don't you come out from living under that rock and you'll see noob.

Lol seriously $100 MM yeahuuuzz! Come to 0C4 this huge tournament that Gimpy's hosting in Cali and we can do it if you want then.

Bad news, son. Young link and TL ARE NOTHING ALIKE.
So is almost every returning charachter lol. Link doesn't play anything like Melee Link as well as Ganon, Fox, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Yoshi, Falco, Gaw, etc.

young Link and toon Link can actually be handled very similarily in certain situations. Spamming and camping qualities are almost identical between the two (despite SHDA). The biggest gameplay difference between the two is bair combo/spacing and the floaty physics of toon Link.

They're similar and different ^_^.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
One. I was #1 on gamebattles, and the only reason I'm not now, is because I quit.

Two. I beat m2k in tourney. Have you beaten anyone worth noting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom