• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best toon link users

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
lol I ***** with toon link in gresham,oregon verisus brawl tournie with good portland players toon link is a beast plus im on oregon power ranking

TL is my main then I play CF also

1st $130 not bad for a tournie that wasn't even post on the boards

if you live in nor cal come up to fb3 washington and idaho will be there

Scott7789

Smash Rookie
Shorthops

I noticed that great Toon Link users like Kizzu and Diem utilize the shorthop/B-air move as well as the Shorthop Double Arrow. However, im having a bit of trouble trying to master the art of the shorthop myself.

My question is, does anyone know of a good guide to learning shorthops. I know it is a simple concept but, whats the secret to it? Do you use a specific controller scheme or is it just slight of hand?

Thanks alot.

solidpit

Smash Cadet
I noticed that great Toon Link users like Kizzu and Diem utilize the shorthop/B-air move as well as the Shorthop Double Arrow. However, im having a bit of trouble trying to master the art of the shorthop myself.

My question is, does anyone know of a good guide to learning shorthops. I know it is a simple concept but, whats the secret to it? Do you use a specific controller scheme or is it just slight of hand?

Thanks alot.
Go to training mode, keep trying to jump and let go of the button as fast as you can.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
um...how about before people start claiming titles we have a few tournaments first?
no one's really claiming anything. we're just talking about who we think the probable best TL is at this point. speculation is a key word for this thread.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
i think gaki might be one of the best, if not the best. he's beaten Azen in a match with TL

dj asakura

Smash Ace
well, Azen admitted to knowing a lot of people are better then him but i'll believe it

as for kizzu's video, i know how he did it (at least i think i do) but i feel like that probably took a lot of trail and error on the timing. but i got something else to work on now, cool

t0m0

Smash Apprentice
At this point, there is no best Toon Link user... the game is still very new. But if I had to pick a player for right now, it would be Kizzu.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
no one's really claiming anything. we're just talking about who we think the probable best TL is at this point. speculation is a key word for this thread.
ahem...in response to this i will just post Diem's words from earlier:

I disagree with this statement. Since, I'm Diem, and all.

Seriously, not to smack talk, but I've run circles around other TL users. My WIFI matches have more badass combos than Most people's irl matches. Any combo you've seen that's plausible, most likely started on my Wii.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQi0g0ZVQmI

This is Me vs Fatal. He's ranked number 2 on gamebattles. (I'm #1.)

The RAR Bairs don't work well on WiFi, so I've worked them out of online play. Enjoy the bomb action though. All Bomb to Dair combos are patented. Diem Combo or something. iono, someone give it a cool name.

Last: I don't want criticism. This was online, and whatnot. My irl TL is much different.

Double Last: Kizzu is still awesome, and I respect his game.
yea um...he pretty much claimed the title for himself=P

Kizzu ftw

Absolute~Zero

Smash Rookie
I disagree with this statement. Since, I'm Diem, and all.

Seriously, not to smack talk, but I've run circles around other TL users. My WIFI matches have more badass combos than Most people's irl matches. Any combo you've seen that's plausible, most likely started on my Wii.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQi0g0ZVQmI

This is Me vs Fatal. He's ranked number 2 on gamebattles. (I'm #1.)

The RAR Bairs don't work well on WiFi, so I've worked them out of online play. Enjoy the bomb action though. All Bomb to Dair combos are patented. Diem Combo or something. iono, someone give it a cool name.

Last: I don't want criticism. This was online, and whatnot. My irl TL is much different.

Double Last: Kizzu is still awesome, and I respect his game.
...no...dude. im sorry to say this. but if you run circles around everyone with your toon link, then i must run around everyone as well. im probobly just a good as you...if not better. i dont even own a wii.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
People like him are just idiots who sucked in Melee, so now that Brawl is out they are trying to use it as an excuse to brag, especially since you can't really own anyone in Brawl. I like how in one of his videos he commented about how SHDA doesn't even exist... What a ******. If he really is the best, goto tourneys and make money (I'm not talking about petty noob MMs or Wifi's) by beating the veterans. I'll give him respect then, but for now he's just garbage like all the other people claiming to be pro at this game. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE PRO AT A GAME THAT JUST CAME OUT A WEEK AGO. >.>

dmbrandon

Smash Master
People like him are just idiots who sucked in Melee, so now that Brawl is out they are trying to use it as an excuse to brag, especially since you can't really own anyone in Brawl. I like how in one of his videos he commented about how SHDA doesn't even exist... What a ******. If he really is the best, goto tourneys and make money (I'm not talking about petty noob MMs or Wifi's) by beating the veterans. I'll give him respect then, but for now he's just garbage like all the other people claiming to be pro at this game. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE PRO AT A GAME THAT JUST CAME OUT A WEEK AGO. >.>
Me and Kizzu have invented every combo out for this guy. The fact is, we're better than all others, and have the match records to prove it. As for winning tourns, I have 4 coming up in two weeks, check the results.

Not to mention I've been in the top 5 on gamebattles.com since brawl launched.

Edit: It's not like I have something further to prove. I just wanna be good, so I practice.

And the SHDA does not exist. it's a SHA, and nothing else.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Me and Kizzu have invented every combo out for this guy. The fact is, we're better than all others, and have the match records to prove it. As for winning tourns, I have 4 coming up in two weeks, check the results.

Edit: It's not like I have something further to prove. I just wanna be good, so I practice.

To me you sound like an arrogant noob who doesn't know wtf he's talking about. You've invented every combo? Don't be such a naive prick. Go do something to show for your skill, THEN start talking. Right now you're just making a jerk of yourself.

As for the best, I'd like to say Kizzu, since he's come up with a bunch of innovative tactics for this guy. Plus, his Marth was a BEAST in Melee, so I know he's not just some random noob(Swords of Fate will forever be my favorite combo video =P). Pushing the bomb with a dair.... SO AWESOME XDD

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Cbone

Smash Journeyman

k sorry to burst your bubble, but you said one of your combos you invented was "bomb to dair", and my friend was a link main in melee and has been doing that since melee:S so..stfu. Because you have videos of a combo, does not mean you discovered it, most of the stuff i've seen you do, are instinct and is not really special discovered combos...you cant say: oh!! i bair'd! i invented the bair combos!!!

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
wtf is Gamebattles

I read your posts. I just thought that being in the top whatever on some website that nobody knows about which rank your ONLINE matches had much merit. Your win-loss record is quite impressive, I must admit though. I'll be looking forward to those tourney results.

Also, I've been doing bomb to dair combos since melee, too -__-

dmbrandon

Smash Master
wtf is Gamebattles

I read your posts. I just thought that being in the top whatever on some website that nobody knows about which rank your ONLINE matches had much merit. Your win-loss record is quite impressive, I must admit though. I'll be looking forward to those tourney results.

Also, I've been doing bomb to dair combos since melee, too -__-
You do it as instinct, I do it everytime. lolz

Gamebattles is MLG, btw.

I'm done arguing. Fact is, I don't even main the little *******.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
You do it as instinct, I do it everytime. lolz

Gamebattles is MLG, btw.

I'm done arguing. Fact is, I don't even main the little *******.
Actually, everytime I pulled off a bomb to dair combo, it was planned. People called it the 'Sexy Combo'. >__>;

Who's arguing? I said I think you're a noob. Go prove me wrong. And if you don't even main him then, stfu D:

dj asakura

Smash Ace
ok, i'm not going to quote anyone, i'm just replying to what i've read.

to whoever made the comment about playing the veterans, stop talking. the game's been out for how long? chill out.

at whoever is claiming diem isn't good, i'm sorry but you're also being ignorant. the kid has clearly proved he's good with TL. Gamebattles is MLG which is pretty intense games.

People need to stop playing favorites, stop trying to pretend like melee = brawl and stop talking trash when you'd get your controller handed to you by someone decent.

i repeat, get over it everyone, the best right now doesnt mean anything but it doesnt mean we cant talk about it. be civil and friendly, its the internet.

LuCKy

Smash Master
dmbrandon: i really dont care about gamebattles er w/e it's called since i really do'nt like the way wi fi plays.however i know there are many and i mean many people playing on that thing.i even know a couple people who are ranked on there like green apples and i know there good as hell off wifi.so i will give you props for being number 1,however if you are as good as you claim to be people will recognize you and admit that your good and because you prove it again and again over time.you coming in here saying your the best is'nt the best way to become a respected player.kizzu came in this thread saying thanks for all of the fans and stuff.you came in here saying I AM THE BEST AND I KNOW IT.all im saying is you will be recognized as a good player over time if thats what you want.just chill the game has been out for a week go to your tourneys hopefully finals will be recorded if your in them and people will really see how good you are.

edit- to show my toon link re colored in the keewlest blue lol

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
dmbrandon: i really dont care about gamebattles er w/e it's called since i really do'nt like the way wi fi plays.however i know there are many and i mean many people playing on that thing.i even know a couple people who are ranked on there like green apples and i know there good as hell off wifi.so i will give you props for being number 1,however if you are as good as you claim to be people will recognize you and admit that your good and because you prove it again and again over time.you coming in here saying your the best is'nt the best way to become a respected player.kizzu came in this thread saying thanks for all of the fans and stuff.you came in here saying I AM THE BEST AND I KNOW IT.all im saying is you will be recognized as a good player over time if thats what you want.just chill the game has been out for a week go to your tourneys hopefully finals will be recorded if your in them and people will really see how good you are.
Exactly.

As for DJ Asakura, read what I posted (seeing as you directed some comments toward me). Everything you said was hypocritical. As for the veteran comment, don't even take that seriously, the melee pros are just an example due to their experience and mindgames that can travel over to brawl. Without actually putting thought into it you already picked Diem's side. (Picking favorites? Lawl.) I don't doubt he's a good TL, but my comment was directed at his actions and posts going around talking about how he's number 1 and how that is enough proof he is the best? Ummmmm no. Is there anything civil about him going around bragging about how better he is than everyone? I don't think so. As for the game being out for so long, that's exactly what I said so I don't know why you even directed that toward me.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. I've never seen Kizzu play until now (seen Diem and spiel), and I will say we have VERY similar playing styles. Both of us have the shorthop DI back air thing going on. He uses more tilts than me. I prefer the up smash (at low percents) for combo starters. If I turn off the tap the jump, I can't do the up B out of a shield. It seems that we both use bombs the same way too.

I would love to play Kizzu and the others sometime. Online matches are mostly bull****, because of the lag. Its hard as hell to space attacks and time Toon Link with a second + delay. Its ridiculous. But if the lag could be eliminated, I will be more than happy to play you.

Zoro

Smash Champion
game battles is gay lag is gay

diem a little too cocky no? not saying ur not really good but when you post i kind of lose respect for you.
"i number one in game battles me = best TL"-dmbrandon
bowchet is really good probably best i seen.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
game battles is gay lag is gay

diem a little too cocky no? not saying ur not really good but when you post i kind of lose respect for you.
"i number one in game battles me = best TL"-dmbrandon
bowchet is really good probably best i seen.
bowchet? Really?

Supax

Smash Apprentice
The best toon link right now won't stay the best forever... These arguements are ********. WiFi is bad for proving skill.. I have DSL, so I get a second daily atleast for most of the matches I play. Wait until tournaments start for this game and we'll see who the best is.

Nice combo vid by the way Snuggles :)

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
im one of the best with toon link..
i know some of you think that im liying. so if anybody want to brawl let me know
i would only play if your good btw.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
im one of the best with toon link..
i know some of you think that im liying. so if anybody want to brawl let me know
i would only play if your good btw.
I assumed you plan on doing this over wifi... lol. Well if you think that makes you the best TL user, then good luck in tournaments ;)

I've lost to terrible people over wifi, just because I'm on DSL and the lag is ridiculous. By the time my attack shows, the person is already too far to it. That's just not my opinion of fun, but I guess some people think differently. When I'm getting spammed with projectiles across the staged and my shield doesn't come up until I was already hit by 2-3 of them it just aggravates me... So have fun winning against kids over wifi.

I'm done with my rant.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
I assumed you plan on doing this over wifi... lol. Well if you think that makes you the best TL user, then good luck in tournaments ;)

I've lost to terrible people over wifi, just because I'm on DSL and the lag is ridiculous. By the time my attack shows, the person is already too far to it. That's just not my opinion of fun, but I guess some people think differently. When I'm getting spammed with projectiles across the staged and my shield doesn't come up until I was already hit by 2-3 of them it just aggravates me... So have fun winning against kids over wifi.

I'm done with my rant.
i knew you werent gonna belive me . im gonna have to start uploading videos in you tube to show every one . i have play over 50 different people in wifi and i keep fighting different people to find a really good one only one that i remember that give me a hard time. and im not saying im the best .just saying im one of them.i know there are people that are better than me.

you know wat .i know you probraly suck at brawl but i can take some of my time to show you some of my skills.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
i knew you werent gonna belive me . im gonna have to start uploading videos in you tube to show every one . i have play over 50 different people in wifi and i keep fighting different people to find a really good one only one that i remember that give me a hard time. and im not saying im the best .just saying im one of them.i know there are people that are better than me.

you know wat .i know you probraly suck at brawl but i can take some of my time to show you some of my skills.
Did I say you were bad? No... Stop being arrogant. You are just one of those kids that comes into these threads and tries to make yourself sound like a god at the game because you beat some kids over WiFi... All I'm saying is it means nothing. Go to tournaments and prove yourself there. Never in my post did I say I was better then you because I've never seen you play, so you need to stfu... You just make yourself sound like an idiot and a complete noob at the game when you try to tell people you are good because you play on WiFi... I hate cocky kids like you who feel like they need to prove something to the forum because they want to put their name out there.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
see i dont realy know WHO the best is...and being a tl mainer im pretty sure i can tell....but so far the only people i have an eye out for is kizzu who inspired me to pick up tl when i got the *** game 3 weeks befor it came out....and $nuggles who i tagged with in the San Fransisco brawl tourny and from what iv noticed im about the same as $nuggles and i know that if i were to play kizzu he'd probley beat me cuz he has better mind games but still i think its stupid whats it matter whos the best it just came out....get over yourself and stop being so self centered god...each tl player has their own play style that makes them diffrent from the other so stop complaining about who is best.....****...

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
this thread should be closed for a while...

theres no proof of who is the best toon link yet
and i think we should let players act how they want
diems a nice guy maybe a lil too proud but he is worth prais
other than that i thing we should tone down the flaming >:p

also, diem who are you maining anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom