• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best Pikmin line?

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
What kind of Pikmin line would you like the most/ think is the best?

I think it is 2 yellow Pikmin, 2 blue Pikmin, 1 red and one white Pikmin. Yellows for the combos(brawl combos), blue for the grabs, red for the aerials and white for racking up damage on the opponent and making them annoyed.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
The best line is really based on personal preference. In no particular order, I'd probably like 2 red, 2 blues, a white and purple. Possibly 3 reds over a white.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
In that order, snail?

EDIT)) Barge, what combo is that exactly? are you near the end of the stage of a stage spike..?

Snail

Smash Lord
In that order, snail?

EDIT)) Barge, what combo is that exactly? are you near the end of the stage of a stage spike..?
Yeah I guess. I can deal with anything though really, as long as I'm not stuck with 3 or more whites or purples :/

Starting off with a white is great though. Latch it, grab, dthrow, fair, fsmash and they'll easily be at 60% already.

Fino

Smash Master
It all depends. I'm sorry, there isn't one PERFECT line to have. I would prefer to have different lines against different characters.
For instance, against pikachu I would like to have yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, purple, blue
Where against and MK I would like red, red, yellow, white, blue, purple (in no particular order)

~Fino

asob4

Smash Champion
It all depends. I'm sorry, there isn't one PERFECT line to have. I would prefer to have different lines against different characters.
For instance, against pikachu I would like to have yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, purple, blue
Where against and MK I would like red, red, yellow, white, blue, purple (in no particular order)

~Fino

zomg!!! your line vs MK is my ideal line hahahah

i play against too much MK

asob4

Smash Champion
i love when i start off with: red, white, blue.
then proceed to pluck red, yellow, red

you get my funneh??? haha

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I like

Yellow Yellow Blue White Purple

Or if my opponent is "weak" to Pikmin latch then I like

White White Purple Purple Blue

geekd

Smash Apprentice
this is very character dependent, but in general:

red red yellow yellow blue purple

marth or mk and id like more purple, more reds and yellow against lucas, reds against snake, etc...

asob4

Smash Champion
lulz
if that's the case then i should always have yellows
i love me some asian women :D

M.K

Level 55
Yellow, Yellow, Red, Red, Blue, Purple.

I don't usually throw Pikmin, so White Pikmin are sort of a hindrance.

asob4

Smash Champion
Yellow, Yellow, Red, Red, Blue, Purple.

I don't usually throw Pikmin, so White Pikmin are sort of a hindrance.
gasp!!!
but white pikmin are ****
did 53 damage with 1 white and a blue latched and i think one dthrow
tooooo goooood

BobSmith006

Smash Cadet
2 purples, 2 blues, 1 red, 1 yellow

While I rarely ever get this setup, it's by far my personal favorite.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
6 blue. Not likely though.
Always throw purples off the stage, they're worthless for safe play. Whites are good when your opponents are at low % because they latch on longer then. White pikmin latch+grabbing your opponent is really good at low %. Just make sure all your whites are gone by the time your opponent is ready to be killed, they get in the way and the damage they do when at high % isn't worth it anyways. One thing I ALWAYS do when I get a kill: throw purples off the stage and pluck new pikmin, then organize your pikmin so whites are the first in line. This lets you throw them at your opponent when you're ready, hope they do some good, and be rid of them for higher %'s since they're useless there. Don't throw blues at your opponent cuz you don't want to risk having them die since blues are the most useful overall. Yellows are good to have sometimes because they have extra range on the up air and fsmash (hardly noticeable unless you've been playing Olimar for a while)
But generally blues are the best overall to get pwn pivot grabs. It's really easy to watch for blues though as long as you have at least two. Watching your pikmin order is very important if you want to setup for a pivot grab to kill!!

Top Bottom