• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Western New York 4! Rochester, NY - June 9th and 10th (Date change!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yannick, I have a request. Before every match of mine, I need you to give me a pep talk. The talk has to involve courage, boldness, fsmashes and how amazing I am, to ease my nerves. Got it? I'll do the same for you if you want, but ur amazing enough as it is.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I have a PM?! o_0

OHSHI--

P.S. - Okay, got it, ROFL. And yeah, that sounds like a fair trade, Jesse. Just let me know when your matches are and I'll let you know when mine are and we can give each other a BOOST.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
OHHH *CHEERS* It's Sp1ns return to SWF!!!! *MORE CHEERS*

yeah a guy can dream people would cheer for him.

and yes I shall be coming both days to this one with the majority of Xepher.

and I have a surprise for everyone too

I have new characters this time.

Link is no longer my main

for the moment anyways...

I'LL SMASH YOU ALL THERE!

haha.

I'm up to any friendlies too, and MM's depending on who makes the offer and my amount of cash on hand.

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
mike, wanna get some friendlies in before the tourny? just ask around for me my name is jesse. id like to practice against shiek, fox, and falco if youre interested. of course you dont need to play those characters, those are just the ones im practicing against now. Oh if you can give me a practice against Yoshi too... just in case anyone's bold enough to play Yoshi against me in a tourny... of course no one would be that brave.
I would like to play SSBM with you before the tourney but I'm way to busy. >_<

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Trying to find the best way to get there... Anybody from the Buffalo area with room in their car? Pooling ish' good. =) I has gas moneyz

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: SPIKE, get your scrawny @$$ out here!

You may sign in when you arrive at the event. No pre-registration is necessary.

And I'm not sure how many people New Smash City IV attracted. I'm expecting between fifty and seventy, which is what we usually pull for big regionals out here, but it's also the first large summer tournament we've held, so attendance could be higher or lower--I honestly can't guarantee a figure.

P.S. - SPINNNNNNNNNN! You have to tell me who your new character is, son! Your Link was too nice last BWNY!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: YEHS!

P.S. - I'm putting my phone number and Arena's phone number in the first post for anybody who needs to call about any emergencies or happenings the day-of. People who try to spam my **** will get shut the **** down, though, so don't take liberties with these numbers.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hahahaha.

Well, at any rate, SmashBoards doesn't seem to want me to put my number in the post (along with the low tier tourney rules), so uh...I'll try again later? I edited the first post and left for some meetings, came back an ten minutes ago to find it still not updated, so yeah. >_>;

P.S. - Woooooow, I really am locked out of my own first post though. :_: Anyway, if people need to contact me, uh...PM me or something if you can? I'll try this again later, but it's really not letting me edit. >_>

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: Hahahaha.

Well, at any rate, SmashBoards doesn't seem to want me to put my number in the post (along with the low tier tourney rules), so uh...I'll try again later? I edited the first post and left for some meetings, came back an ten minutes ago to find it still not updated, so yeah. >_>;

P.S. - Woooooow, I really am locked out of my own first post though. :_: Anyway, if people need to contact me, uh...PM me or something if you can? I'll try this again later, but it's really not letting me edit. >_>
Err...I didn't have anything to do with that >.>

Shiri

Smash Chump
Is a Dorito eating competition in order?
:yoshi: I do believe you have opened Pandora's Box, good sir.

Anyway, people who are in Rochester should all hit up either Tully's or B Dubs or McGregor's or something when Compton comes in. Maybe? It would be fun. ^_^

Kijitow

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone who could provide housing for me and Ray? Greg said some people might be able to, but I have no clue beyond that. -_-

*Edit*

Apparently somebody says they'd be able to help us out. Good looks guys, was really worried about **** not working for a minute there. >_<

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
I would go but, I've never been there so it's a little nerve racking. I don't have a partner either >_>.

My name was t0m at cj's.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
It's TODAY!1!

Hey Tom, it's Shoklan. You should try to get out there, at least for the second day. It's worth it.
Hope to see everyone there!

P.s. @Yannick, 10th place seems to have gotten a lot farther away recently...

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
hahaha collin
how 'bout that top ten?
LOL..

and as for the new characters,
I'm gonna be rotating between three and maybe 4
one of them is still Link for those who thought I was good.
Today I am only doing friendlies and low tier
so anyone who feels like getting some in with me, feel free.
I want the experience.

and if you dont know what I look like
uhh...
MYSPACE IT LOL
myspace.com/myke_c
and if you have no life like me
ADD ME!!!

anyways back to the point
I'll reveal the characters
Link
Roy
Falco
and a MAYBE to a Sheik
possibly fox if I can get enough playtime with him to learn him.
but those are the ones I'll be using for the most part
might throw in some surprises
whos to know
even I dont know exactly how and who I will be playing
guess you all have to wait and see
=]

SO FIGHT ME TODAY
Im pumped for this thing.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Everyone have a safe trip to Arena! I'm gonna try to update the first post again with contact info.

Alright, **** it. My number is (404) 245-9825 and Arena's is (585) 424-3140.

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
Whoo! It`s today!!!

me and my friend are heading over there at 9|45ish. I`m bringing a GCN, SSBM disc, and my memory card. So I`ll help set up.

Oh, i`ll be in a Super Mario shirt and I got glasses too. My SSBM name is SMTK, for Snowmanthatknows. So look for me.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
I'll ditto you Crumb :)

Your on Brian, not really.
Yannick, want a dorito?

Wish you could join us N64 for Xepher will miss you in your absence.

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I'm tired! And it's only 6:00PM =O

Maybe I should have gotten more sleep last night. I did horrible during the free play. Eh, oh well, the real deal is tomorrow when I'm in the singles tourney!

Oh and anyone who has played me today, I'm a lot better when I got more than 7 hours of sleep and I'm not starving b/c I didn't eat anything all day >.<

Oh btw, here's what I look like.

Look for me tomorrow!!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I usually have the results thread up by now, but I don't have the brackets on me.

I'm also going through footage, so videos will come forthwith!

Also, please refrain from posting shoutouts here--save them for the results thread. ^_^

TRAITOR! TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRR!!! ROFL @ Ruka.

PikaAc3

Smash Apprentice
Yo Yannick you mind posting the match of me and Matt? Pika vs Ice Climbers. You know the one I counter Shouted you on lol

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm going through all the matches currently. I'll put up what I can as soon as possible.

And some dickface unplugged my laptop and capture device halfway through the tourney on Sunday, so we've got a bunch of corrupted videos for singles. >_> If you (YOU THE READER) are the one who did it, I don't want an apology--just don't do it again.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Awesome news today.

So, the singles videos aren't terribly corrupt. They just don't have an audio signal anymore. :_: Oh well, I guess that's better than nothing.

Also, results thread is GO! Shoutouts and videos and everything a man could dream for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom