• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I just had a very fun BB with a Zelda, MK, GW, and I was ganon. We were on the all star stage and there is no place to get KO'd so in sudden death we all hit each other over and over again for like 20 minutes until I left. I left because I had to be stuck with ganon :( It was a taunt party, but the Zelda was a fake. I was the one who picked the all star stage. And someone was dumb enough to step on the thing that makes the whole stage turn black!

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Found a genuine taunt party. Had a lot of fun suprisingly a genuine taunt party.
It was me (blue peach), a rare Ice Climbers (blue), Shiek (blue or black) and a crashing Zelda (black).
We kinda played around despite the Crasher being there and took turns hitting her.
It was really fun even if it was one-shot and lasted only one rounded.

Then, the Ice Climbers and Crasher left.
I was alone with Shiek. I'd normally get bored. Especially since it was on a walk-off stage.
But Shiek played around and gave me a few laughs.

Even after a new Crasher came in and a new Taunt Partier, we'd disregard them. lol
Eventually the new crasher decided he wanted more excitement and attacked us.
That Shiek player was pretty good. All in all, I've never had this much fun in a Taunt Party.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Just entered BB. Using green Snake btw.

In a room with a dark Wolf, white Lucario, and dark MK. ***** *** Wolf left after one match and the MK spams side B. KO'd him in SD. B)

MK now a Marth and a blue ROB entered then left. *****ed Marth around and KO'd him. He's asking for a *** whoopin...

Friends with the white Lucario who is now a Samus. These guys suck and theres lag. :(

Sephy95

Smash Lord
New room now. This Ness is gettin crunk with me. 2 stocked him with Ike.

He wants more. B) I 3 stocked him now. Kept using his upB but used counter on it. lol

He wont quit. I respect him for that. My Ike is killing him badly though. This poor Ms. saturn Ness....Hes a Lucario now. Still losing his *** off....

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I was just in the most fake taunt party ever. All the other players decided to team up on me when I didn't do anything! And an olimar used side B at me so many times, and when I tried to give him damage back, everyone started fighting me. On sudden death, I started taunting, and a Zelda (ofc Zelda) grabbed me and threw me off the stage.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
In a group with a red Marth havin fun with my green Snake. Also with a Tink and PT Anybody the red Marth?

Red Marth now a red Sonic.

Whoever this other Snake is, you better watch it, bruh.

Wtf? Everyone turned on that Snake. red Marth/red Sonic left so I left as well.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Crashing this TP with a Wolf/Falco/? and a blue TL, Who is this TL, apparently he doesn't like(to use) items? I'm having fun taking you and those other players, I kinda want more of a 1v1 to see how good you were. Same for the other player. The TP didn't desolve as quickly as i wanted it to though
Lol now the other two are fighting and now it's an FFA. That's 3 TPs I've turn into FFAs! I'm still the common enemy though
TL turn into marth. Guy uses him much better than me :(
TL/Marth left ): and got replaced by a spammer pit apparently he's more of a threat than me, lol

Sephy95

Smash Lord
This Fox tried spamming usmash on my Ike. He failed on the old DK stage. Kept knocking him into the blast zone. B) Scrub...

Who was the green/dark Link I was fighting? I was the green Snake tan Ike. You were awesome man. Hope to see ya again. Sorry, had to go.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
atten blue link that taunted me and left after SD

your dead, i will not rest till i find and destroy you you piece of ****

ROFL i found him as blue pikachu and he got four stocked get ***** son IM MAD

ggs@ this purple Tink in my room sorry for turtling the round with my lucario the lag got really bad for me. I hope you learned alot from my tink ditto with you!

kaazers

Smash Master
Holy -- that purple Toon Link was my younger sister. My sis has been trying to incorporate bombs into her fights but always gets swept up into the heat of the battle. The ditto gave her a refresher. She says she enjoyed the fights and appreciated the ditto.

ROFL. I was there when she said, "Wow. There's a lot of lag… Why is that Lucario running away?!"

Never thought she'd be fighting one of you guys. xD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
That was me. I'll up load those matches for her so she can see what she did wrong.

I could tell she got frustrated with that match. Didn't mean to run away but that lag got so HORRIBLE. She just needs to learn to keep calm and focus on zoning with Tink like i showed her and she'll be fine.

Got the video uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awA1iiFGfs

have her watch it so she can learn what she did wrong :D

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I was on team brawl with DDD and this tink didn't know about the unity ruleset so he chose BoE. You already know what happened next.:troll: This went on for two straight matches. So apparently, this tink was so butthurt after i finished ****** him, that next match when he was on my team, he SD'd 18 TIMES.

I was laughing when I saw that and I'm sure that I was supposed to be pissed off. I trolled the tink some more and picked SMI.:troll: He raged quit afterwards.

I now make it my goal to troll Zelda characters with DDD. That means that if your a link or tink main, you better switch to Shielda if you know whats good for you.:awesome:

ggs@black falcon today, you were truly worthy of my Ike. Too bad you left after i went afc for five mins.:(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Dear multi colored zelda/MK

your a scrub

get mad and crash my room all you like you still got out witted by my lucario :troll:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Just went double trouble on BB.

Started up in a room with my Green PT and found a White PT. He showed no signs of wanting to fight, but rather become allies since we're both Trainers. Then after a match or two of water gunning each other, the battle had really begun. A dark Samus had entered the room and started a fight. Both of us Trainers sent our Pokemon out to go beat that Samus for being rude. We ended up beating Samus so badly, she just started to suicide herself. She kept doing that for several matches; she'd attack, we'd fight back, she'd just keep killing herself. Only difference was the character the Samus was playing as. (Luigi, MK, Kirby, bowser, etc.) After many matches of multiple Trainer victories, the other player seemed to get serious with Sheik/Luigi/kirby.

Their serious-ness had failed. Pokemon continued to dominate for MANY matches, even when another player came in and sided against us, making it 2 v 2. One of the real sad parts is that while me and the other PT stayed on, the Sheik player was getting horribly beaten for about 2 hours and didn't win one single match. I give them credit for being in the room for so long but at the same time, you should accept defeat after about 10 straight losses even when I let you go 1 v 1 against Trainer White. However after 2 hours of beating the poor guy who didn't know when to quit, he managed to get lucky and won after he took advantage of the silly computer. After that ONE win, over about 50 or some losses, he DC. Guess he just wanted to be able to say he beat us, not like it would be very impressive with a record of 1-50(?) or some massive amount of losses.

And a shoutout to that White Trainer. We had some great times and battles together, I hope I can run into you again some day. Your Pokemon we're pretty great, you obviously know what you're doing, though you don't seem to know about some of the little tricks that they can do like Hydroplaning with Squirtle, or Ivy's Instant Teather. Nontheless, you were awesome to play with and you have my full respect :D

kaazers

Smash Master
Dark 3nergy: Really appreciate it. I'll have her watch it later.

EDIT: Also adding that I've been seeing a really good White Ganondorf around. I saw him again yesterday.

Aaand fought a Green Yoshi earlier today who really owned me hard for a few rounds. I took 4 stocks off of him the one time he went DK without losing a single one myself, but he went back to Yoshi the round after that, owned me one more time and then decided to fight the annoying Gold Pit in the room instead. That was my first time fighting a Yoshi who knew what he was doing. They usually suck. xD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i need to upload more but nothing interesting as of late :( but thx. She came up an asked me to fight her on temple and i couldnt refuse since it was a taunt party. The other two didnt get in the way which was a plus.

Theres a blue lucas in my room. I can remember i played with him before...hes really strange. Hes what his behavior is like. When he enters a room he does two things; first he designates a friend. Then he'll designate everyone else as an enemy and attack them heartlessly. Strange but hes good.

Players in my room;
Noob Player 2
:random:

Pretty good P3
red MK, red snake, blue kirby, yellow ROB, white Ganon, gold link

Good P4
blue Lucas, gold haired toon link

Me
red DDD, red Pikachu, blue Tink
lmao that last match was funny

that same blue lucas is back in my room fighting a really good purple tink. This is getting pretty awesome.

We got this;
Player 2
purple Tink, white/blue snake, black link, yellow ness

Player 3
blue Lucas

Player 4 noob
:random:

Me
Bowser, green jigglypuff, lucario, blue zelda/shiek, white fox
holy crap this tink is just ****** this lucas and hes doing ATs too ROFL

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm trying to collect some worth while rounds to save to replays. Although it seems lag is playing an annoying factor then all these D/Cs because of sore losers or for what ever reasons...

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Nah, I'm stuck in TB right now because I still can't connect to a BB room.

TBs are just bad, items non-stop and bad players...=/ I D/Ced in BB Practice Stage when I entered it...ugh...
As an avid TB player, I cannot agree with you. TB is just as bad as BB except without the taunt parties. Just like in Basic Brawl, sometimes in TB, one can find players that can give us a good challenge and many will find people that make them feel aggravated.

I admit I haven't found a good battle in Team Brawl since my last two posts in this thread but I haven't met any good matches in BB. All I've seen were taunt partys and me losing due to hax.
Sorry if I sound a bit irritated, I don't mean for my tone to sound like that.

Anyway, I saw a pikachu wearing Ruby's headband(emerald) against my Ike (blue) 1v1 on halberd. It looked like someone from here. It knew how to quick attack cancel and had proper spacing with fsmash. We only had one match and it was pretty even 0-0 and it won at the last second then it left. I would like my rematch please.:)

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Team Battle > Basic Brawl 90% of the time

I have to agree with the post above, since I can always get fights in Team Battle, unlike Basic Brawl. Team Battle only sucks when the items are ridiculous (which happens in Basic just as often) or when I get stuck with a bad partner against two capable players. I only go into Basic Brawl when I feel like coming up with more creative ways to annoy and destroy the taunters.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
What if your internet provider is an inconsistent lil' *****? So while you wait for people who can't make up their minds in TB waiting room, you get disconnected atrociously. :mad:

I rather stick with BB, since I find people in an instant. ;)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
As an avid TB player, I cannot agree with you. TB is just as bad as BB except without the taunt parties. Just like in Basic Brawl, sometimes in TB, one can find players that can give us a good challenge and many will find people that make them feel aggravated.

I admit I haven't found a good battle in Team Brawl since my last two posts in this thread but I haven't met any good matches in BB. All I've seen were taunt partys and me losing due to hax.
Sorry if I sound a bit irritated, I don't mean for my tone to sound like that.
I'm fully aware of how BB is since I play it a lot on Wifi. The reason why I say it is worst in TB is because you have another person on your team to worry about. You can be doing really well but lose because of your partner and that is frustrating. At least in BB all I have to worry about is myself. The simple solution is to avoid TB which I know but it is tough to avoid when your force to join it when you can't connection at all to BB but when you join TB you connect to players almost instantly.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My connection is usually good

What if your internet provider is an inconsistent lil' *****? So while you wait for people who can't make up their minds in TB waiting room, you get disconnected atrociously. :mad:

I rather stick with BB, since I find people in an instant. ;)
Thankfully my connection isn't that bad at all. Sometimes I will go to Basic Brawl if it's taking too long to find a few people in Teams. However, when someone else in the group lags to the point of the game moving one frame every half-second, I just leave. I don't tolerate much lag. If every game were that way, I wouldn't even bother playing online, but that may be just me.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I'm fully aware of how BB is since I play it a lot on Wifi. The reason why I say it is worst in TB is because you have another person on your team to worry about. You can be doing really well but lose because of your partner and that is frustrating. At least in BB all I have to worry about is myself. The simple solution is to avoid TB which I know but it is tough to avoid when your force to join it when you can't connection at all to BB but when you join TB you connect to players almost instantly.
I know how that feels but if you play long enough, the person that is bad will realize he's not up to par and leave. How, you ask? Put them in a bodybag so badly and they will ragequit hard and leave.:cool:

If everyone is on the same level in tb, most of the time it will end in a sudden death and once you kill one person, the fun begins. I personally like grab releasing someone into a falcon punch or knee of justice, but the choice is yours.

Anyway, if you like fighting by yourself, fine but don't knock tb because of it.;)

Edit: Ninja'd:glare:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I know how that feels but if you play long enough, the person that is bad will realize he's not up to par and leave. How, you ask? Put them in a bodybag so badly and they will ragequit hard and leave.:cool:

If everyone is on the same level in tb, most of the time it will end in a sudden death and once you kill one person, the fun begins. I personally like grab releasing someone into a falcon punch or knee of justice, but the choice is yours.

Anyway, if you like fighting by yourself, fine but don't knock tb because of it.;)
That doesn't always apply. With some players it makes them stay longer especially if your the one player that keeps beating them and they won't stop until they beat you. In thus is why they resort to the ancient habits we've all seen in the past in addition to items being ridicious. Otherwise that works with a good majority of players. Although in that result it is annoying since their D/C effects all players and not just them alone.

My opinion of TB is of course my opinion of it, meaning it doesn't always apply to everyone else that plays TB. I'm just explaining TB through my personal experiences of playing it. Based on that I seem to derail TB a bit. On my own I never join it because your right; I do like fighting by myself. Therefore I only touch it when I'm force too when you can't connection to a single player in BB yet joining TB you connection almost instantly. Through all my force TB matched I haven't had one where I actually got a decent group where I would try and stay.

With my first paragraph I know some of what I said also applies to BB but the thing about BB is I don't have to worry about a partner that messes up or can't handle a situation then I get punished for it since they get KOed then lose because of that partner and making your opponent feel like they can beat you since they "own" your partner.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
That doesn't always apply. With some players it makes them stay longer especially if your the one player that keeps beating them and they won't stop until they beat you.
Meh, They will get over it and accept it and if they D/C, they'll meet another person they can't beat and rage again. Such is a life of a troll.
In thus is why they resort to the ancient habits we've all seen in the past in addition to items being ridicious. Otherwise that works with a good majority of players. Although in that result it is annoying since their D/C effects all players and not just them alone.
I will agreed to you with that since I'm the most unluckiest brawler since I always lose to hax. However, there's nothing else to do but beat them at their own game.
My opinion of TB is of course my opinion of it, meaning it doesn't always apply to everyone else that plays TB.
Of course, and I respect your opinion.
I'm just explaining TB through my personal experiences of playing it. Based on that I seem to derail TB a bit. On my own I never join it because your right; I do like fighting by myself. Therefore I only touch it when I'm force too when you can't connection to a single player in BB yet joining TB you connection almost instantly. Through all my force TB matched I haven't had one where I actually got a decent group where I would try and stay.
I don't know, maybe you'll get lucky and meet that peach that I met lol.
With my first paragraph I know some of what I said also applies to BB
same thing in my post
but the thing about BB is I don't have to worry about a partner that messes up or can't handle a situation then I get punished for it since they get KOed then lose because of that partner and making your opponent feel like they can beat you since they "own" your partner.
First off, no noob one owns us, WE(from smashboards) OWN THEM!!!
Secondly, the partners are random; no one is stuck with a partner (I'm sure you know this). And we all know karma's a b***h and you might get lucky and the bad, mediocre partner will go on the @ss's side and you can mess with them.
Answers in the bolded.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon team taking over Basic Brawl!

I had a hilarious time in Basic Brawl as Captain Falcon with a pink Falcon (a.k.a. Captain Fabulous) just moments ago. When he joined, I was in a boring taunt party, and he just seemed to go after a random target and just own them. I played along, and it seemed he really went after gray Zeldas everytime they joined the group. Lots of taunts ensued, needless to say. Eventually he just went Sheik until the group disconnected mid-battle a few matches later. Who was the pink Falcon / Sheik?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Meh, They will get over it and accept it and if they D/C, they'll meet another person they can't beat and rage again. Such is a life of a troll.
Their excuse to not getting better.

I don't know, maybe you'll get lucky and meet that peach that I met lol.
Which one you met?

First off, no noob one owns us, WE(from smashboards) OWN THEM!!!
Secondly, the partners are random; no one is stuck with a partner (I'm sure you know this). And we all know karma's a b***h and you might get lucky and the bad, mediocre partner will go on the @ss's side and you can mess with them.
It's random but the game never ceases its sense of humor giving me the same bad partner 2-4 times a row which leads to the same outcome overall. There have been a few games where I got lucky and they were the opponent but not too much. I leave TB mostly after 1 match. I rarely had good groups and I do know it was those times I actually stayed. That is why I enjoy BB more to mess with bad players that think they can take me or feel they have a chance turning items on or as I'm sure you and everyone else has faced players picking MK.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I had an awesome fight with a yellow C.Falcon on Hyrule Temple with my Ganondorf. I destroyed him, and he destroyed me a couple times. Good time! :D ;)

Zulo

Smash Ace
I had a hilarious time in Basic Brawl as Captain Falcon with a pink Falcon (a.k.a. Captain Fabulous)...
Fabulous Punch.
Fabulous Kick.
Fabulous Dive.
Knee of Joyousness.

Anyways, I'm back from a couple weeks' vacation, got in a group with a good Snake/Mario/etc. awhile ago. Anyone?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
OH YEAH.. Who was that green Pit and Green Zelda; ZSS. I would've played alot more serious if you guys weren't being pansies even when you were pro. Two pros against my Ganondorf & and I still gave you guys a hard time. U mad?

Mhmm.. He used black&yellow Ike. He got mad because I crushed his pro Ike XD

Zulo

Smash Ace
I used green Pit a little today, though more black. What other characters did they use, or what other identifying characteristics were there? Though I haven't taken any major beatings today so I doubt it was me. :p

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I don't think it was you, if you don't use Y&B Ike. This Ike was fast, and evil. Lol. ;)

My :ganondorf: is evil'er.

Top Bottom