• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
At this point, it's probably dangerous to make any kind of prediction for who the last 2 fighters are. I think I'm just gonna remain quiet on predictions from this point on.
It might sound foolish, but if they start their direct with a 1st party smash reveal, then it's basically 99.9% guranteed that we get fighter #11 later in the direct: being a 3rd party. Cause I can't see them not having a 3rd party at e3; they know with Ultimate how much of a big deal dlc 3rd parties are to not have them in big events like e3 or The Game Awards (whenever they have reveals ready of course).

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
At this point, it's probably dangerous to make any kind of prediction for who the last 2 fighters are. I think I'm just gonna remain quiet on predictions from this point on.
The only prediction that I am going to make is that I probably won't be happy about it just like I have been with 90% of the pass. Who knows, maybe we will finally get a Crash or Rayman. I feel like we have been waiting an eternity.

However, we are just as likely to get another JRPG character as well. Might as well have called it the Japanese RPG pass with a few other characters thrown in for spice.

Last edited:

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I guess at this point Sora is more likely than Crash. Remember that Kindafunny interview with Imran Khan? He said Disney Japan rejected once Sora for Smash. What if they reconsidered? Furthermore, that Fighters Pass 2 trailer kinda stinks... why is the last slot so.. shiny? ù

If some week ago I was sure that Crash would have joined Smash, now I don't know what to think.. I just hope for these two to be the last fighters, Smash will finally feel "complete" with them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess at this point Sora is more likely than Crash. Remember that Kindafunny interview with Imran Khan? He said Disney Japan rejected once Sora for Smash. What if they reconsidered? Furthermore, that Fighters Pass 2 trailer kinda stinks... why is the last slot so.. shiny? ù

If some week ago I was sure that Crash would have joined Smash, now I don't know what to think.. I just hope for these two to be the last fighters, Smash will finally feel "complete" with them.
...shiny? What do you mean?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
The only prediction that I am going to make is that I probably won't be happy about it just like I have been with 90% of the pass. Who knows, maybe we will finally get a Crash or Rayman. I feel like we have been waiting an eternity.

However, we are just as likely to get another JRPG character as well. Might as well have called it the Japanese RPG pass with a few other characters thrown in for spice.
I wouldn't mind. I love JRPGs, so seeing Joker, Byleth, Sephiroth, Pyra and Mythra, and Hero all as DLC made me really happy. I can only hope we get a Tales of character, mainly Lloyd, Yuri or both, to complete the JRPG side of Smash Ultimate 😊

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda annoyed by all the people complaining about the JRPG reps. Like, seriously, it's the most popular video game genre in Japan, are you REALLY that surprised it got special treatment?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Unless there's a double reveal I think it's very unlikely we'll see another JRPG character at E3. They wouldn't give us said character alone at a huge western event. The only exception to this I can think of is someone with near universal acclaim like Sora, but honestly he feels like the last one left and he's also fairly unlikely.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Unless there's a double reveal I think it's very unlikely we'll see another JRPG character at E3. They wouldn't give us said character alone at a huge western event. The only exception to this I think of is someone with near universal acclaim like Sora, but honestly he feels like the last one left and he's also fairly unlikely.
Sora is also not a true JRPG character. Kingdom Hearts is more in line with a platformer than an RPG. It plays a lot like Legend of Zelda but you can upgrade characters. Reading Wikipedia, it is a blend of RPG and Hack and Slash. (Perhaps Skyrim is a better comparison).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Flaming. Please respect the personal wants of others.
I wouldn't mind. I love JRPGs, so seeing Joker, Byleth, Sephiroth, Pyra and Mythra, and Hero all as DLC made me really happy. I can only hope we get a Tales of character, mainly Lloyd, Yuri or both, to complete the JRPG side of Smash Ultimate 😊
Why are you even posting in a Crash thread then? Go post in a JRPG thread. Basically with your statement, you are saying you just want one genre represented in Smash and screw anyone else that doesn't like JRPG (which is probably 85% of gamers in the United States).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Why are you even posting in a Crash thread then? Go post in a JRPG thread. Basically with your statement, you are saying you just want one genre represented in Smash and screw anyone else that doesn't like JRPG (which is probably 85% of gamers in the United States).
That's a bit rude, don't you think? Just because they like JRPGs doesn't mean they don't like other things.

volbound1700

Smash Master
That's a bit rude, don't you think? Just because they like JRPGs doesn't mean they don't like other things.
It isn't that you like JRPGs, it is that you are fine with having the DLC Pass (which is already full of them) loaded with JRPG characters which takes spots or totally eliminates other characters. Why go into a thread about a non-JRPG character and make statements like the entire pass should be JRPG. Basically you are saying that you don't want Crash in the game.

I think the mass of JRPG characters is a complaint. JRPG is a very Japanese Centric genre but isn't that big outside of Japan with the rest of the world. USA for example is dominated by First-Person Shooters, Sports Games, Racers, and Platformers. USA is 60-70% of the Video Game Market when it comes to sales. A great reason why Nintendo keeps failing in USA versus Sony (another Japanese Company). Sony tends to understand and support North American/European/Other World markets while Nintendo always seems to be out of touch with US demograph.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having some JRPG characters in the game. Cloud was a HUGE add. Fire Emblem deserves to be in game (not sure of the # of spots). Hero is one of my favorite characters and definitely was a worthy addition.

However, it is ridiculous that we have 0 FPS representatives and very few characters from other games. It is literally like the Smash DLC was made just for Japan with a couple of bones (Banjo and Steve) thrown here and there for non-Japanese audience.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda annoyed by all the people complaining about the JRPG reps. Like, seriously, it's the most popular video game genre in Japan, are you REALLY that surprised it got special treatment?
Personally I'm not surprised, but I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting further diversity in the roster. Provided you voice your opinion respectively.
Sora is also not a true JRPG character. Kingdom Hearts is more in line with a platformer than an RPG. It plays a lot like Legend of Zelda but you can upgrade characters. Reading Wikipedia, it is a blend of RPG and Hack and Slash. (Perhaps Skyrim is a better comparison).
I mean that's true, but I was speaking on a more general level. Xenoblade and Fire Emblem have many aspects that separate themselves from traditional RPGs, but people don't seem to have a problem calling them one.

To generalize even further, I don't think FP10 at least is going to be another character with a "sword" that can cast spells. Nintendo has a history of spacing out the reveals of similar characters. I could be wrong of course.
They didn't say that's what they WANTED, they said they would be fine with it. You might want to chill out a bit. It IS rude to tell someone to go post somewhere else.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No but seriously what did some poster here mean when they said CP11’s slot was “shiny” in the trailer for FP2?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No but seriously what did some poster here mean when they said CP11’s slot was “shiny” in the trailer for FP2?
Going to guess that they meant the Pack "shined" during the initial pass 2 reveal in Byleth's presentation? It was revealed shortly after the first 5 packs of the pass were shown off.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Going to guess that they meant the Pack "shined" during the initial pass 2 reveal in Byleth's presentation? It was revealed shortly after the first 5 packs of the pass were shown off.
I wonder if it means something... I’m sure CP5 for the pass 1 reveal didn’t do that

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I wonder if it means something... I’m sure CP5 for the pass 1 reveal didn’t do that
I mean people have definately been reading into that, but personally I wouldn't suspect it meant anything other than "Oh wow, lookie! There's one more fighter than there was last time!"

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean people have definately been reading into that, but personally I wouldn't suspect it meant anything other than "Oh wow, lookie! There's one more fighter than there was last time!"
On the flip side, they only said pass ONE wouldn’t have echoes, and if the bonus shop space theory is true, that bonus could be CP11’s echo

tho maybe I’m reaching kinda hard

MaxMike77

Smash Rookie
Crash Bandicoot Crashes the Party!

Welcome to the official Crash for Smash support thread! This thread will serve as the home base for all of those who would like to see this iconic video game legend make a playable appearance in Super Smash Bros. That being said, let's take care of a few things.

Who is Crash Bandicoot?

Naturally, there may be some folks who are unfamiliar with Crash. Granted, I don't think he's an obscure character by any means (far from it), but hey, what's the harm in explaining, right?

Crash Bandicoot is the main protagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series of games. The first game was released for the PlayStation in 1996, and since then, his series has garnered worldwide acclaim and has sold over fifty million copies. That puts the series on par with titans like the Donkey Kong and Tomb Raider franchises, and surpasses Metal Gear, Street Fighter, and Smash itself.

In the games, Crash was the result of an experiment gone awry. When attempting to transmogrify local wildlife to create his own personal army, the evil Dr. Neo Cortex gave a previously normal bandicoot immense stamina, athleticism, and durability, far beyond the levels a normal bandicoot should reach, but failed to create a soldier obedient or sane enough to follow orders. As such, Crash proved unruly and escaped from Cortex's lab, to this day thwarting whatever scheme the mad doctor comes up with.

Why should Crash join Smash?

Quite simply, Crash is a gaming icon. Not to mention, his zany style would fit Smash perfectly. Add in the fact that Mario, Sonic, and Crash had a bit of a three way rivalry in the 90s (Mario for Nintendo, Sonic for Sega, and Crash for Sony), and Smash would be the perfect opportunity for all three to settle the score.

But wait, you say, isn't Crash much more of a Sony character? Well, so were Snake and Cloud. What matters is that Crash has appeared on Nintendo consoles, and lo and behold, he has. There were a handful of Crash games on the GBA and GameCube, to name a few.

Some may also say that the fact that Crash is owned by a western developer may be a hindrance. That's partially true in the sense that the only western created character in Smash (Diddy Kong) is wholly owned by Nintendo, but just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it never will. In fact, Crash has quite a bit of notability in Japan. His second game was actually the first western game to sell one million copies in Japan. As well, the original games were heavily promoted in Japan. If any western owned character were to make the jump into Smash, Crash Bandicoot would be toward the top of the list.

As well, there are rumors that Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy will only be a timed exclusive for the PlayStation 4. Take this with a grain of salt, of course, since this is only going based off of the box art not including the "Only on PlayStation" tag line, but the box art may not be final. While it's true that Sony owns the rights to the original games, whether or not that would apply to the remasters is more ambiguous. If the N. Sane Trilogy were to somehow end up on the Switch, I'd say it would do wonders for Crash's Smash chances. Once again though, this is only going off of a rumor, so don't take this as fact.

What would Crash be like in Smash?

Crash's fighting style would be, well, insane. An unhinged, crazed brawler, Crash would fight as if he came straight out of a Looney Tunes cartoon. Iconic attacks like his belly flop would be incorporated into his normals, and most of the rest would be filled in with twirls, kicks, and punches. Appearance-wise, Aku-Aku would float closely behind Crash as he fights, and may also pitch in to help in some of Crash's normals. Mostly though, he's just there aesthetically.

Here are my ideas for Crash's special moves. Feel free to take a look!
Crash's Neutral Special would be his Spin. While this seems pretty basic for a special move, the Spin is quite a utility. For one, the move has little to no starting lag; it's incredibly quick, making it easy to get out of tough spots. It also has a pull effect, making enemies and items move closer to Crash if they're within range. This comes in handy when combined with Crash's Down Special.

Crash's Side Special is the Fruit Bazooka. Crash pulls out the aforementioned firearm and takes aim, but he cannot move when aiming. A reticle appears on the screen when he's in aiming stance, allowing him to more easily connect. If Side B is pressed again, Crash shoots out a fruit that does quite a bit of damage. Pressing anything other than Side B exits the aiming stance.

Crash's Up Special is the Arrow Crate. An Arrow Crate appears below Crash, giving him an additional jump. Simple, right? Kind of boring? What makes this move unique is that it can be used twice in the air as opposed to once, allowing Crash to have what is essentially three midair jumps which he can use at whatever point he wishes. Use this for mix ups and confuse foes about where you'll land.

Crash's Down Special is the Crate Drop. Crash pulls out one of four crates and places it in front of him. The four are normal crates, Metal Crates, TNT Crates, and the incredibly rare Nitro Crates. Metal Crates can't be broken under normal means, while normal crates can. TNT crates explode three seconds after they're touched, and Nitro Crates explode instantly if touched. However, if Crash uses his Neutral Special next to a crate, his spin picks it up and launches it forward. Normal Crates do normal damage, Metal Crates do heavy damage but low knockback, TNT crates do low damage but heavy knockback, and the rare Nitro Crates do high damage and high knockback, and are Crash's best kill move. Only one crate can be in play at a time.

Crash's Final Smash is Aku-Aku. Aku-Aku will come forth, go "Hoodaboogah," and allow Crash to don him as a mask, all while the Aku-Aku theme plays. While like this, Crash is invincible and can't take damage or knockback. However, he doesn't get a power boost in return for not taking damage, to balance it against current transformation Final Smashes. When the music ends, so too does the Final Smash.
New@Yomi's Biggest Fan

Thanks for tagging me, glad to see a new Crash thread. I played some of N Sane Trilogy at PAX East (Hang Eight). It was good. Like real good. It felt just like it did on the PSone, except it was not as stiff. Still awesome though

Also here is my moveset I made a while back, figured it would be a good place to drop it.

Crash Goes For A Spin!

Stats
Weight: 5/10 (weighs around Sonic's weight, a bit on the lighter side of a mid weight)
Walk Speed: 6/10 (About Duck Hunt's walk speed)
Run Speed: 7/10 (A bit faster then DK)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 7/10 (Around Sonic's)
Fall Speed: 7/10 (Around Corrin's)
Size: A bit shorter than Fox
Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No

Game Play Plan: Crazy Trapper
Crash is all about his insanity. His edgier, crazier game play is where his move set is taken into account. He has adequate cqc tools, and has a very solid keep away game.

Crash is not meant to be a character that rushes in. He does not have the buttons for that. He is instead meant to play the role of a mid range zoner, patiently waiting for his path to victory. By using his specials well, not only will a skilled Crash player survive longer, but they can put up a rather strong wall that helps them nab their opening to victory.

Crash plays best when he keeps his opponents on his toes, similar to a player in a Crash game. For most of a Crash game, you are not able to run in guns a blazing. You have to play a bit patiently, and wait for the right moment to proceed. He is easy to pick up, but truly harder to master, much like his classic games.

A Moves
Jab 1 - A simple karate chop diagonally in front of him (2%)
Jab 2 - Another karate chop in front of him (2%)
Jab 3 - A quick spin that knocks foes away, note that the jab links together, no multi hits, good quick get off me tool (3%)
F Tilt- Crash does a swing with his yo yo (7%)
Up Tilt- Crash does a quick flip with his jetboard, swiping above him (6%)
Down Tilt- Crash's signature slide kick, can be jumped out of at the end, essential poke for Crash, one of his only tools to close a distance (7%)
Dash Attack- Crash hops on a random animal (Hog, Polar, Pura), and slides forward, animal does not matter for damage (6%)
U Smash - Crash plays the didgeridoo, tilting it around (3 hits), with the final "note" killing (11-17 damage, assuming all hits connect )
F Smash - Crash has a boulder roll in front of him a short distance before it disappears, good at controlling space, but not a great kill move, goes about 2-3 the distance of mega man's f smash (12-18 %)
D Smash- Crash break dances (similar to Sonic's down taunt and sheik's down smash, but with more range to the movement) (10-15%)
N air- Crash does a brief twirl in the air, similar to Pac Man or Villagers, but quicker (5%)
F air- Crash chops in front of him, similar to Luigi's fair (6%)
B air - Crash boosts away from the opponent with the Jet Pack from Crash 2. Works similar to Corrin's bair in which it aids in recovery, and helps his spacing,and is one of Crash's better kill moves (9%)
U Air-Crash plays his didgeridoo, swinging it around quickly (think Ike's up air) 8 %
Down Air- Crash uses his famous body slam, can be buffered as a smash attack. Meteor smashes if hit under crash and not the sides (12-15% depending on smashed)

Grabs and Throws
Grab- crash grabs the opponent with both hands
Pummel-Crash headbutts the opponent, a bit slower than most pummels(3%)
F throw- Crash Spins the opponent away (7%)
B throw- similar to f throw (7%) this makes for good mix ups on that part
U throw- Crash throws them upward and fires a wumpa shot at them, this is Crash's best kill throw (10%)
D throw- Crash throws an opponent down and body slams them, decent for combos at low percent (6%)

B Moves
Neutral B- Wumpa Bazooka

This move fires shots of Wumpa fruit, each dealing 5% damage with a small amount of hit stun. Crash can fire one out of a short hop. This move allows Crash to force approaches, and is a rather powerful spacing tool. It only goes a little more than 1/2 of final destination, so it is not the best form of projectile camping in the game It mainly functions to net Crash some space, and grant him a tool to harass opponents.
By having this tool in his default moveset Crash is able to effectively force opponents to weave through his traps. Traps are nothing if the opponent never has to approach, after all.

Side B- The Spin
By far Crash's most iconic move. If the button is tapped, Crash will just do a brief spin forward that deals 7%, and is probably one of Crash's best pokes and can even be used as a cross up aerial move. If the button is held, the move will do a total of 11%, and allows Crash to hover while in use, and is a multi hit unlike its tapped version. Does not put crash into free fall. Can be angled while in use if held.

Up B- TNT Hop
Crash hops on a TNT crate, which falls. The move has super armor on start up until crash gets off the crate, so it has limited armor frames. The crate will be destructive if a player hits it while it counts down. The explosion from the crate can damage Crash if he is not careful, and deals a solid 12% with good knock back. Think of it as a much more offensive Spring or Rush coil without as much range. This makes Crash have more of a mediocre recovery if his Spin is intercepted and he is not smart with this move. Much like the games, the crate remains for three seconds, until it explodes. It can explode prematurely if opposing hits are made, be it by an opponent or crash.
Crash's TNT Hop is meant to be used in neutral as a last ditch escape option if needed, similar to Sonic's spring. However, the kicker is that it is a very potent explosion as well. Crash can use the TNT crate as another tool for stage control, allowing him to get some breathing room and put a dangerous obstacle in his foes path.

Down B- Nitro Crate
Crash lays down a Nitro crate, which damages an opponent for 9% if touched. Crash can lay down up to 2 Nitro Crates, and can not lay down any more. Nitro Crates can chain their explosions like in games, allowing for some kill setups and stage control. The trick for this move is to simply put try to control space with it, much like what nitros do in Crash.
Nitros can be destroyed by strong enough projectiles or physical contact. However, Nitros are still strong due to the fact that oftentimes, they force opponents into the air to dodge them. This allows Crash to snipe at them with his bazooka, and possibly force a bad landing. Nitro at the edge is a really strong ledge control tool, as it can be used with two nitros to cover roll, standing get up, and attack.

Final Smash- Aku Aku
Aku Aku goes onto Crash's face, giving him a huge movement and power boost. He is also immune to knock back, but is not immune to damage. Similar to Giga Mac, Giga Bowser, or Mega Lucario.
Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Crash does his signature dance
Taunt 2- Crash does his death spin he does on death in Crash 1
Taunt 3- Crash turns to the screen over his shoulder and raises his eyebrows, like before he jumps on Polar

On Screen Appearance- Crash jumps out of a warp from Crash 2-3

Victory 1- Crash's Iconic dance
Victory 2- Crash throws up a gem, crystal, and relic, which all fly up to his amusement
Victory 3- Crash hops onto his motorcycle, and rides off

Victory Fanfare- I tend to imagine the victory fanfare would be a few beats from the Crash 3 Warped main theme. It seems at this point that theme has become the standard theme for the series, so I feel it would be good.

Trivia about Crash
When hit by strong attacks, X marks can be seen in his eyes like he is crushed
Sometimes on death, his angel or shoes appear in local play (non 8 player to prevent lag)
This move set was designed to reference Crash levels as well as his abilities
What about a stage?

Crash's home stage would be N. Sanity Beach, a recurring location in the series, as well as the first level of the first Crash Bandicoot game. This is a three part touring stage taking players across the level. Players start on the beach itself and are there for the longest amount of time. There is no real gimmick here, though the stage is a walk off. After a while, a platform rises out of the sand and the players are brought to the jungle portion. Here, every now and then, a crab will appear and hurt the players, though it can be dispatched with ease. The third portion takes the players from the jungle to the ruins using the platform once more. Here, there is much more verticality. Stone platforms appear all throughout the stage, mixing up the fight a bit. After a while, the platform returns the players back to the beach for the cycle to start anew.

Conclusion

So with that, I hope you choose to support Crash Bandicoot for Smash. I truly believe he's a character choice many people tend to sleep on, as far as odds go. I look forward to discussing our favorite orange marsupial and his Smashing possibilities with all of you.

Supporters:
  1. Opossum
  2. Planet Zeb(es)~
  3. Schnee117
  4. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  5. Oasis Dealer
  6. TCT~Phantom
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Guybrush20X6
  9. Mario & Sonic Guy
  10. Freduardo
  11. MatgSy
  12. ryuu seika
  13. BirthNote
  14. Xeno610
  15. Nu~
  16. nirvanafan
  17. smashkirby
  18. PsychoJosh
  19. Ben Holt
  20. Kirbeh
  21. n8han11
  22. Mrrgle
  23. Zem-raj
  24. FunAtParties
  25. Sir Gengar de Ectoplasma
  26. AustarusIV
  27. Wario Wario Wario
  28. Crap-Zapper
  29. CrusherMania1592
  30. Lukingodex
  31. Lampy
  32. KeybladeSmasher
  33. -Master-
  34. ~ Valkyrie ~
  35. Megadoomer
  36. Darkraid
  37. SmashingDoug
  38. Altais
  39. pupNapoleon
  40. Rosalina suporter
  41. Tonydrake
  42. Geno Boost
  43. Sir Ridley XII
  44. Z25
  45. Hypercat-Z
  46. skylanders fan
  47. WaddleKing
  48. Graizen
  49. The Animator
  50. Sponge
  51. DNeon
  52. BlazGreen
  53. Zeox
  54. ZRoy
  55. Ghirahilda
  56. LunarDistortion
  57. Big-Cat
  58. Johnknight1
  59. Dirty Duck
  60. Aetheri
  61. Robertman2
  62. TheAnvil
  63. Ura
  64. Drclaw411
  65. Morbi
  66. Yokta
  67. 8-peacock-8
  68. Kevandre
  69. Aurora Jenny
  70. smashoperatingbuddy123
  71. Jave
  72. WhiteEaglePL
  73. Ascended
  74. Brother AJ
  75. SonicSmasher1
  76. CyberWolfJV TheGuy07
  77. StupendousMike
  78. PrinceGal3n
  79. MasterWarlord
  80. SonicMario
  81. SchAlternate
  82. ErenJager
  83. WonderOne
  84. Nintenzilla Reboot
  85. Godzillathewonderdog
  86. TooBadWaluigiTime
  87. Tord the Red Leader
  88. Sean Wheeler
  89. Sheng Long
  90. Staarih
  91. FlareHabanero
  92. Llort A. Ton
  93. MoonlitIllusion
  94. SegaGameBoy
  95. TMNTSSB4
  96. ThoughtfulWanderer
  97. Shyy_Guy595
  98. Questionmark222
  99. Blips
  100. Ed-boy
  101. Groomer
  102. schavira
  103. smash puffle
  104. Gemini-Gene
  105. ShinyLegendary
  106. Door Key Pig
  107. Nintendotard
  108. karl childers
  109. GravelerChamp60
  110. Isaac: Venus Adept
  111. Red Hood
  112. Pakky
  113. Lucas Storey
  114. Kirbyworshipper2465
  115. KMDP
  116. BluePikmin11
  117. SuperJumpmon64
  118. DaUsername
  119. mynameisBlade
  120. SmashNStache
  121. PatPrime
  122. Perkilator
  123. Enigma735
  124. Handy Man
Honestly, as much as I like crash I don’t think he will get in to smash, mostly because he’s so expected, and none of the other dlcs were expected my anyone. I personally am going for hornet or the knight from hollow knight or impa from age of calamity

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, as much as I like crash I don’t think he will get in to smash, mostly because he’s so expected, and none of the other dlcs were expected my anyone. I personally am going for hornet or the knight from hollow knight or impa from age of calamity
AOC Impa was in a post release Spirit Event though...

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
On the flip side, they only said pass ONE wouldn’t have echoes, and if the bonus shop space theory is true, that bonus could be CP11’s echo

tho maybe I’m reaching kinda hard
I was really hoping the bonus was Coco as an echo myself. That's probably the only way to get her in. Lol

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Personally, I don't believe Nintendo cares about what we expect. They'll choose who they choose. I would also argue that people thought both Banjo & Kazooie AND Steve were likely before they were revealed. Sometimes we CAN call it.

I don't really see an indie rep becoming playable either. Seems more like a Mii costume candidate. You won't hear me say it's impossible though!

Last edited:

MaxMike77

Smash Rookie
I was really hoping the bonus was Coco as an echo myself. That's probably the only way to get her in. Lol

Personally, I don't believe Nintendo cares about what we expect. They'll choose who they choose. I would also argue that people thought both Banjo & Kazooie AND Steve were likely before they were revealed. Sometimes we CAN call it.

I don't really see an indie rep becoming playable either. Seems more like a Mii costume candidate. You won't hear me say it's impossible though!
True. I’m down for a mii costume. Thanks for the welcome

volbound1700

Smash Master

I agree with a lot of what you are posting. I think that Nintendo really doesn't pay attention to fan demand, at least during the game. I do think they keep feedback from fans on past game. It was clear that Chrom, Dark Samus, King K Rool, and Ridley were added due to fan feedback from Brawl and Wii U Smash. I think the DLC was designed and agreed upon closely during the Smash Ultimate development phase. There might be 1-2 characters that have been added for recently development or request (likely 1st party characters).

One repeated theme for Sakurai is playstyle. Sakurai will NOT put in a highly requested character if he cannot think of a good move set (i.e. a move set that is respected for the character). These characters are usually represented in other ways such as Spirits, Bosses, AT, etc. That seems to be the only constant. Even then, there are characters like Pacman, Ridley, and Villager that Sakurai could not figure out how to develop in the past but discovered a way in a later Smash game to make them.

Despite my jaded responses, I do think we might get a Western (or Western popular character) at E3. I am leaning towards Rayman as most likely with Ryu Hayabusa as second most likely. Jonesey (sp) sticks out to me as well. I have never played Fortnight but it is very hot right now.

If it is First Party, it will be a Zelda BOTW themed character. I can see this happening as well.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's not like were asking to ban JRPG reps in the fighter pass, Is it honestly too much to ask for a little more variety in terms of genres that can please everyone?

Platforming mascots are my favorite characters and if they were overrepresented in the fighter pass then I can totally get why some fans would hate that too.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
It's not like were asking to ban JRPG reps in the fighter pass, Is it honestly too much to ask for a little more variety in terms of genres that can please everyone?

Platforming mascots are my favorite characters and if they were overrepresented in the fighter pass then I can totally get why some fans would hate that too.
Amen... we have literally had one platforming rep in the entire fighter pass (Banjo) which is funny because the Big Names that cut the teeth for Smash are primarily platformers. Take base roster:

1. Mario - Platformer
2. Luigi - Platformer
3. Donkey Kong - Platformer
4. Link - Semi-Platformer
5. Kirby - Platformer
6. Samus - Platformer/FPS depending on title
7. Star Fox - Flight Simulator
8. Pikachu - RPG
9. Jigglypuff - RPG
10. Yoshi - Platformer
11. Captain Falcon - Racer
12. Ness - RPG

Dukefire

Smash Master
We already know, but I'll put it again. If crash does get in for Ultimate, they can't forget the famous crash dance. (Imagine how people will do that at tournaments.)

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
... Alright then. That's not at all what I said, but whatever...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Last edited:
Top Bottom