• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So remind me when is E-3 again? Maybe for each day, we shall talk about a Crash related subject for Smash to talk about what we want opposed to getting ourselves hyped up for nothing.

I think that's for the best. I mentioned in another post, but I've been down the road of "This charater is a lock! he HAS to be! It just makes sense! All of these things are lining up!" with Geno and we all saw how that ended.

Something else I thought of, everyone points to "clock theory" and the "nitro" picture from Sakurai's Pic Of The Day
View attachment 316221
View attachment 316222

If these are really meant to be references to Crash, I think that's a hit AGAINST him. Sakurai does NOT hint at upcoming content in his tweets

It's a point he has reiterated more than once in his very rare english tweets since even he knows how absolutely feral Americans go for Smash speculation to the point where he was tired of it all the way back in 2018

Fox’s teeth Jesus

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I really want to believe that Crash is going to be announced at E3. I really want. But, I just can't help but feel that we're going to end up being disappointed, no matter how much sense it makes to have Crash in Smash, given it's tremendous legacy.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I really want to believe that Crash is going to be announced at E3. I really want. But, I just can't help but feel that we're going to end up being disappointed, no matter how much sense it makes to have Crash in Smash, given it's tremendous legacy.
Nothing is guaranteed. Look, I want Crash in Smash Bros as much as the rest of you and I don't want to be the party pooper around here, but lately I've just seen so much overconfidence that his inclusion is a lock-in, and after experiencing what happened with Geno I'm out here with a smoke detector trying to figure out if there really is any fire causing all the smoke.

I don't want to cast doubt, I'm just taking an objective look at everything we have to try and see if it's really going to happen... and I'm starting to feel the opposite.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The beauty/horror for character(s) speculation on Ultimate's DLC cycle is that no one is a GUARANTEED that they are the chosen one as proven with Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra.
Screenshot_20210501-195547_YouTube.jpg

Sephiroth: Sora or crash was predicted at the VGA 2020, but it was the One-Winged Angel. (Which also gave bad news for Geno)

Reality isn't what people wanted and are not safe from it. Again, better to enter with low expectations.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is guaranteed. Look, I want Crash in Smash Bros as much as the rest of you and I don't want to be the party pooper around here, but lately I've just seen so much overconfidence that his inclusion is a lock-in, and after experiencing what happened with Geno I'm out here with a smoke detector trying to figure out if there really is any fire causing all the smoke.

I don't want to cast doubt, I'm just taking an objective look at everything we have to try and see if it's really going to happen... and I'm starting to feel the opposite.
I heavily agree with you. Acting like a character is 100% guaranteed as a lock is only going to make the disappointment even worse. Look at what happened with Shadow. Everyone (including me) was so sure about him getting in and look how that turned out.

MattX20

Smash Hero

That's my overall outlook after what happened with Geno also. I'm looking at various options that could happen and not have seen before with potential to show up like with Ayumi Tachibana for example.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's my overall outlook after what happened with Geno also. I'm looking at various options that could happen and not have seen before with potential to show up like with Ayumi Tachibana for example.
Many people thought Geno was a lock. I tried telling them what would likely happen if they continued thinking this way even if he was not in in the end, but, not to be mean or condescending, but people can be stubborn. Even if people don't like to be told to hype responsibly, that doesn't change that it is best to do that anyway. No one, no matter what apparent evidence there is for a character, is a lock.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay so let's go ahead and change the topic for the time being. Seems like we're all getting worked up over this

So let's say Crash gets a second rep in the future. And it turns out that it's neither Cortex or Coco as they've been confirmed as Assist Trophy. Who do you think would've been the second rep there? I'm going with 4 possible characters

• Alt Tawna
  • Dingodile
  • Tiny the Tiger
  • Crunch

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay so let's go ahead and change the topic for the time being. Seems like we're all getting worked up over this

So let's say Crash gets a second rep in the future. And it turns out that it's neither Cortex or Coco as they've been confirmed as Assist Trophy. Who do you think would've been the second rep there? I'm going with 4 possible characters

• Alt Tawna
  • Dingodile
  • Tiny the Tiger
  • Crunch
Dingodile, definitely. He's already got a lot to work with, and he's one of the more popular Crash 3 bosses. Hell, he's popular enough to be playable in Crash 4! If Crash is in Smash and Cortex or Coco are AT's, Dingodile would be the next logical step.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
So I had a thought, if Crash makes it into Smash, would they even need an Active Voice Actor for him to make new lines?

Since Essentially Crash can be like Yoshi, where they can reuse his Voice Clips from Previous Games, since Nothing Crash would say would be.... Exclusive to Smash given his Semi-Mute Status of making random noises.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So I had a thought, if Crash makes it into Smash, would they even need an Active Voice Actor for him to make new lines?

Since Essentially Crash can be like Yoshi, where they can reuse his Voice Clips from Previous Games, since Nothing Crash would say would be.... Exclusive to Smash given his Semi-Mute Status of making random noises.
If him shouting pancakes isn’t there, I want a refund

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I honestly think they could reuse Scott Whyte's voice for the game. Crash 4's already fresh on people's minds, and the voice work for Crash, I would say, is pretty good. But, if they wanna go the extra mile, they could have Scott record whole new lines for Smash.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I don't know how many of you feel the same way, but if Crash doesn't make it these two are really going to help me through it:

View attachment 316335

(I still can't believe they made it. I should probably watch the trailer for the millionth time...)
I think I've rewatched both Banjo and Sephiroth's trailers over a hundred times since their reveals 👍 It's still so surreal seeing them in Smash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
GAME TIME

So let's talk about Crash's attire. We all know he's getting 8 attires. What can you see making the cut? I have a few ideas:

Default - Blue jeans and red hair
Green - Green jeans and red hair slightly darker
Coco - Light blue jeans and blonde hair
Cortex - Yellow skin, black jeans and black hair
MoM - The P2 skin (white skin with blue/green jeans)
Tawna - Pink jeans with blue and yellow hair
Purple - Purple jeans, green skin, orange hair
Fake Crash - attire looking very strongly like Fake Crash

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
GAME TIME

So let's talk about Crash's attire. We all know he's getting 8 attires. What can you see making the cut? I have a few ideas:

The blue hyena skin for sure.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
GAME TIME

1. Crash 4 design (default)
  2. Coco (blue)
  3. Cortex (yellow/black)
  4. Aku Aku (brown)
  5. Crunch (red)
  6. Polar (white)
  7. Biker Crash (alternate costume)
  8. PS1 Crash (orange)

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
In a perfect world...

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
In a perfect world...

Instead we'll get fortnite guy and some niche Nintendo character. Book it

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Now, where would the character(s) fit on the Ultimate character poster?
I mean they'd just have to move who's already there a bit like they've been doing.

As for where they'd go specifically, it's going to depend on the character I imagine.

If it were Crash and Sora I think they should put Crash next to Sonic, and Sora inbetween Cloud and Sephiroth. Have Crash do the last pose from the Crash dance, and Sora be smiling with the Keyblade resting on his back.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Instead we'll get fortnite guy and some niche Nintendo character. Book it
I know your joking, but, I still doubt that 😋
In a perfect world...

I don't know if the internet could handle the hype both Crash and Sora would bring...

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I know your joking, but, I still doubt that 😋

I don't know if the internet could handle the hype both Crash and Sora would bring...
Which would be more hype for the internet: Crash & Sora or Crash & Master Chief?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Which would be more hype for the internet: Crash & Sora or Crash & Master Chief?
More than likely the former. Master Chief wasn't being speculated nearly as heavily for Smash until the last couple of years, which was mostly thanks to Banjo. Whereas Sora had a good few years before that as far as people wanting him goes. Also, I'm pretty sure more people are rooting for Crash than Chief, so I think Sora and Crash would probably bring a lot more joy than Crash and Chief.

But honestly, with how much a rights-nightmare Sora is, I actually think a Crash and Chief double reveal is more likely than Sora showing up at all. And that's coming from someone who counts Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 amongst his all-time favorite games.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would say Crash and Sora just because Sora is HUGER in Japan. In the USA, Masterchief would be the bigger hit but he won't move the needle internationally like Sora would.

I don't see another Square-Enix representative making it. I am also very concerned about Crash's chances.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I don't see another Square-Enix representative making it. I am also very concerned about Crash's chances.
Yeah, I'm now in the 50/50 camp for Crash coming to Smash myself. And I think Square Enix, Sega, Capcom, Konami and Microsoft are good on characters and I'm not really expecting anymore fighters from them honestly.

...... Though if they wanna give me Amaterasu from Okami, I wouldn't mind 😋

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I would say Crash and Sora just because Sora is HUGER in Japan. In the USA, Masterchief would be the bigger hit but he won't move the needle internationally like Sora would.

Technically Sora is owned by Disney. But I also don't see that happen.

A shame Spyro is likely to be absent from smash.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
To me, the former mostly due to me disliking Halo as a whole. Never a fan of Halo, but I'd welcome MC as a punching bag for myself :shades:

GAME TIME

The more I think about this, the more funnier it would be if they do a CTR reference by giving Crash colored pants of each of the 8 starters

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief.

Plus I personally don't like Sora/Kingdom of Hearts.

Master Chief is a 1st party "Mascot/Face" of Microsoft's Xbox brand and hasn't had any official title on a Nintendo console, Mario vs Master Chief would be historic in having the 2 faces of the console companies fight. That alone puts him above Sora in my opinion.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
me disliking Halo as a whole. Never a fan of Halo
I personally don't like Sora/Kingdom of Hearts.
Don't know why, but this is funny to me: the duality of a smash fan.

A shame Sakurai reafirmed that Fighter's pass 2 is the end of the line, cause a 3rd pass could've rounded up the biggest crossover in gaming history just a bit more. But I don't think I could handle another year of speculation: I'm just ready for all to be over at e3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom