• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think really people who stay there or go there pretty often should be throwing a few bucks their way just out of respect. this includes but is not limited to myself/boss/m2k/atomsk/yostir/meep/hat/deez etc. anyone who knows about my situation knows of everyone i probably have the least amount of money to spare, but ill still throw some that way just cuz its the right thing to do

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It most definitely is the right thing to do. That's why I think all the smashers in MD/VA who regularly crash/play/hang out at bmore's (hell even if they've gone only a few times) should donate some money to them. The Bmore house is the most welcoming place in our area. They've let anyone and everyone hang out with them. Sooo many great smashfests have been held there.

Now the time has come when they are in need of our help. I think since they have shown nothing but kindness and hospitality to all of us, it's only right we each chip in what we can to help them get through these hard times.

hova

Smash Champion
i'm not trying to be a jerk, i definitely <3 bmore and used to play a ton of melee with everyone up there

but what's the plan for next month's rent? if we all pitch in will it help them to keep the place going forward or will the same problem arise later on

chillindude829

Smash Master
i think really people who stay there or go there pretty often should be throwing a few bucks their way just out of respect. this includes but is not limited to myself/boss/m2k/atomsk/yostir/meep/hat/deez etc. anyone who knows about my situation knows of everyone i probably have the least amount of money to spare, but ill still throw some that way just cuz its the right thing to do
good post raft

the bmore house and the ppl who live there are incredibly generous for allowing people to come over on a regular basis and basically trash their place, and they never ask for anything in return

and the bmore house has become the best smash spot in md/va no question

they're all really good guys and dont deserve this happening to them

im broke as a joke right now but im pledging some of my tourney winnings as a donation to bmore

edit: but hova also makes a good point, these donations should be like a crutch to help you guys get back on your feet, not just a temporary solution for one month

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, what happened is all of us ran low on money for a bit... and needless to say the reason we need help is the overly huge electricity bill...

yes the electricity that people that come over to our house and use to a max is the reason we need money, we will not need help(to the best of my knowledge) after this because we had a huge electricity bill due...

the amount for that bill is 650 and the main reason we need help... the real reason, we just got behind...
and to anyone who mocks this **** you!

cause all i did was give everything for the community, we are behind in bills, and if i could sell anything to help our cause i would... but all of our wiimotes, my ds and supplies, many copies of melee, and who knows how many controllers and rare games have been ganked from our house... so we can't exactly just sell stuff...

not trying to guilt trip, but if you have been to our house, please help us out, werd up!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im going to MD form the 26-28 staying at a hotel , gonna be really bored. any smashfests/ tournies in those days? i promise im deacent =D

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
responsibilities?

tournaments?

smash 64?

ANIME!?

DELICIOUS MOE!?

snake?
SNAKE?
SNAAAAAAA~~

otakon. yeah.

edit: almost forgot:

buggedum chiggedum brandon
main: boom boom brandon
secondaries: brandon mufgger, sol badguy, shen fscking woo
accomplishments: brandon, mufgger, giving shen woo a fireball so he could compete in MUGEN

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
so uh.....

snake is awesome. n_n;

you know what else is awesome?

chicken.

ron.....

snake dittos for chicken? :D :D :D

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Or watch Eden of the East. It just ended. It was AWESOME.

Now we need the movies to come out...

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Sorry, I can't watch something right away if it's hyped up too much. That's an easy way to unpopularize an anime....overpopularizing it. When people kept hyping up Gurren-Lagann to me, I didn't enjoy it too much because I was expecting something much more than what I got. I'll watch Eden when everyone stops talking about it so muuuuuuuuch.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Wait. Wait. It wasn't what you expected?

What were you expecting besides physics breaking, completely over-the-top badarse mech fights?

Seriously!

Infinity Big Bang Storm? Putting off enough energy to create universes?

Anyone?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Gurren Lagann was great. There was a point in the middle of the show for three or so eps where it was the worst thing ever and I almost stopped watching, but then it picks right up again and kicks ****ing *** by the end.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
To be one of the most BADASS ANIME EVER.

Seriously, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann...

Man, I quit this genre. It's too good.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think it was badass, but it wasn't really bringing anything to my table that I was trying to eat. I'm actually not that big a fan of mech series, and Gurren didn't change anything for me. I thought it was trite, and yes it's meant be trite, TO THE MAX; but it seemed like pushed it a bit too hard. Hey guys, we blow up enough **** yet? We in your face enough yet? Need another manliness speech? It wasn't grabbing my balls.

I watched it and enjoyed, but I can still say I like other mech series better just because I don't even like the story in Gurren. Hell, I only really like one fight in the series. The main problem however, is still the fact that everyone pushes that show so hard to people (like the last few posts >_>). No one even says what's good regarding the series, just that it's epic. It ain't the only anime that has planet scale battles. Space Runaway did something a lil' more epic lolol.

Summary: I really did like it, but other people lowered my opinion of it by gushing over it too much. I went into the show ready to have a negative opinion.

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
I think it was badass, but it wasn't really bringing anything to my table that I was trying to eat. I'm actually not that big a fan of mech series, and Gurren didn't change anything for me. I thought it was trite, and yes it's meant be trite, TO THE MAX; but it seemed like pushed it a bit too hard. Hey guys, we blow up enough **** yet? We in your face enough yet? Need another manliness speech? It wasn't grabbing my balls.

I watched it and enjoyed, but I can still say I like other mech series better just because I don't even like the story in Gurren. Hell, I only really like one fight in the series. The main problem however, is still the fact that everyone pushes that show so hard to people (like the last few posts >_>). No one even says what's good regarding the series, just that it's epic. It ain't the only anime that has planet scale battles. Space Runaway did something a lil' more epic lolol.

Summary: I really did like it, but other people lowered my opinion of it by gushing over it too much. I went into the show ready to have a negative opinion.
I'm sorry you got it ruined for you.

The rest of us will be over here watching it again since it's so badass.

Also, raging that Gohan is Kamina in the dub. And Sasuke is Simon. STUPID.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I despise the mech genre and I watched Gurren Lagann with zero expectations, I only saw it cause everyone wouldn't shut up about it. And I was wonderfully surprised by how entertaining it was. It certainly had it's faults, but I like it way more than the other mech show pieces of **** I've seen.

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
if you haven't seen anything Macross or Getter Robo related don't even talk to me about mech series. word.

otakon is going to be sooooooo hyyyyyyyyype

and i'm going to be soooooooo druuuuuuunk

Top Bottom