• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Black Cats really awesome, I highly suggest it.

Where is UMBC in Baltimore anyway? Anywhere near Hopkins? I don't think it is, but that would be convenient. I know I've seen it before, but no clue where.
UMBC is at 1000 Hilltop Circle in Catonsville, MD. See the thread for tournaments at UMBC in my sig? I have instructions on how to get there in that thread.

I watched Hikaru no Go this summer, and it changed my life. I'm now in the Go Club at UMBC and playing on-line on KGS. I'm somewhere between 5-10 kyu right now; I started playing on July 2nd. I-go/Baduk/Wei-chi is a great game.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'd come DK if like someone else goes aswell so its not just 2 people lulz.
hellz yeah ill def have more than one person come...thats how i roll son!
im sure nurok will at least come and perhaps NKK and who knows who else...ill get other peeps to come tho...what time do u wanna come by?

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Ok, but my problem getting there is that I have no car. I'll ride the bus if I absolutely have to, but I could use a ride from someone for whenever the next smash thing is. Assuming school won't be eating my life. Anyone living near the harbor that could come get me, or am I hosed?

TAK$

Smash Ace
UMBC is at 1000 Hilltop Circle in Catonsville, MD. See the thread for tournaments at UMBC in my sig? I have instructions on how to get there in that thread.

I watched Hikaru no Go this summer, and it changed my life. I'm now in the Go Club at UMBC and playing on-line on KGS. I'm somewhere between 5-10 kyu right now; I started playing on July 2nd. I-go/Baduk/Wei-chi is a great game.
Hikaru no go is fuxing amazing, I never looked into the game but my friends keep telling me how much fun it is, so I'll probly end up playing sometime soon.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
hey if ur lookin to learn ANY fighting games talk to me i know and can get up with some of the best players around for any of those games

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
In case any of you wondered what white kids did when they got bored....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQNyvipd4c

I'm an idiot.
LMAo thats hilarious...dude get up with me im tryin to make some funny *** videos sometime since i cant anymore with my salisbury peeps...

and whos comin to smash today? im lookin at starting around 4...i dont really care howmany people come but i have 5 tvs and my surgery is 2maro morning at 7:30 so thisll be like my pre-surgery minifest thing...lemme know wuts up!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Dan teach me Go.
I can teach you on a real board at UMBC if you'd like, or I could teach you on-line on the Kiseido Go Server (KGS). When I learned to play Go, I first played 9 games against Japanese and Korean people on the Internet Go Server and got slaughtered. I don't suggest you do that. Go has incredibly simple rules, but it has incredible depth; you could keep playing for your entire life and continue to improve. It's kind of like Smash, except it doesn't require hand-eye coordination. You can find all sorts of resources (video tutorials, written materials, programs, etc) at www.usgo.org To play, I suggest you do it on KGS; it's the most user-friendly environment and, just take my word for it -- play on KGS (not on yahoo lolz).

I'll be getting my work schedule in the upcoming two hours. I should have some free time before school starts on the 29th.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I can teach you on a real board at UMBC if you'd like, or I could teach you on-line on the Kiseido Go Server (KGS). When I learned to play Go, I first played 9 games against Japanese and Korean people on the Internet Go Server and got slaughtered. I don't suggest you do that. Go has incredibly simple rules, but it has incredible depth; you could keep playing for your entire life and continue to improve. It's kind of like Smash, except it doesn't require hand-eye coordination. You can find all sorts of resources (video tutorials, written materials, programs, etc) at www.usgo.org To play, I suggest you do it on KGS; it's the most user-friendly environment and, just take my word for it -- play on KGS (not on yahoo lolz).

I'll be getting my work schedule in the upcoming two hours. I should have some free time before school starts on the 29th.
Good ****, if you get time just show me the basics at UMBC or on KGS, you choose. Like you I became interested in Go through Hikaru no Go, I just didn't do anything about it. >_> I should also finish watching the series.

Tin - Hey!

blues

Smash Journeyman
Oh word, I'll be finding out soon then.

Got a NES emulator on PSP, so I beat Mega Man one and about half through 2. Have all the NES ones now =)
oh i was kidding =/ because everyone megaman boss has "man" after it, i should of put a =P

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Good ****, if you get time just show me the basics at UMBC or on KGS, you choose. Like you I became interested in Go through Hikaru no Go, I just didn't do anything about it. >_> I should also finish watching the series.

Tin - Hey!
I suggest KGS. Download KGS and sign up for an account. In the rooms list, you're going to want to join the beginner's room, the KGS Teaching Ladder, the UMBC room, the English Game Room, and that should do it for now. It remembers which rooms you join when you exit and restart KGS. I'm always on KGS when on-line. I'll leave it up to you to explore and find where all those rooms are located in KGS :p It's a really user-friendly community, so you can ask anything and get help with a lot there. (google for 'KGS' if you can't find it)

Top Bottom