• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Nurok

Smash Lord
YO DOSV
IM SORRY I COULDNT TAKE YOU, MY DAD JUST LIKE PUNISHED ME LOL
but seriously dosv... inm really sorry.
like when i got in the dcar my dad asked me strange questions about what i do with you guys.....
LOL
LOL

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Yo Dan that's fine, and I have your controller so you'll get that back when I arrive. I also think I'm bringing my laptop if I can get this dazzle to function.

Edit: I'm so proud of my little NKK. Quiting WoW after all this time, he's growing up into a nice respectable salary man or something.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
woo hoo!!! my controller!!! Now I hope I lose my eBay auction for a like new platinum controller lolz... if anyone bids higher than $7.99 + $7.95 shipping then I lose the auction which means win. Also, now I can give back FOB's controller without feeling all reluctant since it's what I've been using since the 7th :p

I ordered a component video cable for gamecube. If this works well on the lcds there, then I will be able to use them instead of the other tv's for when you come over. Also, it would open up one additional tv for during tournaments. I'm not willing to pay another $40 to buy a 2nd tho :p If it works well, I might see if I can get my parents to buy me one for a birthday present in June then I could purchase a 3rd when I get back to school using my spending money...

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Nope, I'm not going to buy a new wow card... I am strong...

(this is a lie, once the weekend comes I will PROBABLY go back... but I'm really trying to beat DBZ first >.>)

Whats your server/toon name/arena team name, I'll looks that **** up on the armory. =P

cmart

Smash Lord
Are we going somewhere this week?

cmart just finished his college finals and would like to play video games again (been up all weekend :\ )

Anathema is amazing

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Btree, bring your laptop with dazzle so we can record stuff. I could probably help you get it to work since computers are my specialty. Also, bring an umbrella cause showers are forecasted for later today. :p If you bring a driver's license, then I could get you inside my dorm so we could play with no distractions.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Chris - UMBC today, NC Friday. You going to NC?!

UMBC - All right, I'll bring it, and I have no license, they wouldn't accept my ID?

cmart

Smash Lord
I'm be at umbc around 5ish. You guys better be there. An I might go to umbc. **** it I'll go. What else do I have to do now?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
your name has been changed Frozen
you owe me 5$ ^.O

K.C. get a premium membership then PM an Admin you'd like you name changed to whatever

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Today was awesome. I got down to UMBC, and the entire place had a power outage. From like just before I arrived, to whenever I left. So we played ping pong for a while, and Jasona showed up after sometime.

So we juggled! After juggling for a good while, he let us all keep the balls we were using, and we left. Good times.

Edit: Oh yeah Dan, my power never went out; so apparently we could have actually just smashed here after all. >___>

cmart

Smash Lord
Ron next time I see you I'm gonna ****in punch you in your ****in face. I had the worst experience getting to umbc(not kidding-2 and a half hours of hell) and when I get there everything's shut down and no one's ****in there at all. *hatehatehate*

<3

wait that bring power was supposed to tell me the power's out???!!!!! WTF why the hell couldn't you have just told me.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Well I was told power was out all around Baltimore, so I thought your power would be out as well (and that you'd be using your laptop), so I thought you'd figure there'd be no power at the UMBC, so I posted that comment. I got there a little before one, and found out it had been out since 11:30.

cmart

Smash Lord
Nah everywhere had power from what I could see. The lightrail went down a while cause some trees fell on it, but they got it cleaned up quick. I'm not mad, just pissy and tired. I met a random guy at the bus stop who started talking about my ex-girlfriend to me. This would be stranger if my ex wasn't a) taller than me b) big-breasted c) a goth and d) has phthalo green hair (as in properly mixed so it doesn't look like crap). She tends to be memorable.

I'm doing the nc thing btw. Confirmizzled.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The power came back on half an hour after you left, Appletree. We should have gotten Jasona to drive us to your place to smash. Apparently the bottom quarter of Baltimore lost power. I heard a tree fell on a power line.

However, we did learn how to juggle thanks to Jasona, and that made the day. I was his STAR STUDENT! *cries with joy* We'll show other smashers how much better we are by juggling when we lose our matches!

We also know that you need to switch to XP Pro SP2 from Vista, Appletree. Ask Hat for a cd or what not, I'm sure he'll help you out. I would help you, but I'm not all leet and powerful like I was last semester since I don't have my main pc with godly capabilities.

IriesBlue is too good at ping pong. Dangit, he 2 stocked my marth each round with his jigglypuff, winning the set 2-0. I'm glad I didn't money match him.

I'll have a dual booting laptop with XP/Linux by the end of summer. I didn't think of recording with my webcam till today. It's genius! However, I still want to buy Dazzle.

Edit: Sorry Cmart, to be honest we figured you weren't coming after 6pm. If you have a cell phone, add my room number to it so if you're on campus you can still find me. It's 443-612-0303. This goes for anyone who comes. I have a tv in my room and we could smash it up there.

In addition, we didn't know the game room would be closing at 6pm till 5:55pm. We also thought the power would have come back on about 5 hours before it actually did. A bunch of unforeseen crap happened. Let's just be thankful that what we had to deal with was less serious than what Virginia Tech faced today. That **** is scary, but seriously my heart and prayers go out to them.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Chris - I'm glad you're coming and your ex had big breasts. I don't know how you went from talking about your ex to North Carolina, though. >_>

EE - same

UMBC - I'll definitely ask Hat, or get XP somehow, cause I'm bringing it with me to NC to record ****. And I'm feeling bad about VA Tech, it's incredible how something like that just happens so unexpectedly.

Edit: Chris - Mass shooting, at least 26-30 dead.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Chris - I'm glad you're coming and your ex had big breasts. I don't know how you went from talking about your ex to North Carolina, though. >_>

EE - same

UMBC - I'll definitely ask Hat, or get XP somehow, cause I'm bringing it with me to NC to record ****. And I'm feeling bad about VA Tech, it's incredible how something like that just happens so unexpectedly.

Edit: Chris - Mass shooting, at least 26-30 dead.
My Mom said some huge number like 35 dead and many more wounded. Apparently people were jumping out of the window to escape getting shot, and got injured on the fall. How high it was I dunno.

This was the first time the power had gone out since I've been at UMBC. It also happens to be the first time the power has gone out for more than an hour in at least 4 years at UMBC. A lot of unexpected stuff happened today, but like I said earlier... we got the less serious end.

I hope you guys enjoy yourselves in NC... hopefully I'll be able to make it to Chu's.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think it's around 20 or so injured, probably 31 dead (based on reports)? A report said the shooter waited two hours before continuing his rampage, and the students were not aware of this. So basically there could have been a lot less dead/injured if they had been warned sooner.

Edit: Actually, here's something more accurate - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6560685.stm

Husband

Smash Lord
Well Im glad I went to smash with Omni, hahaha. That would have pissed my *** off. Even though I might have just invited you all back to my parents place because they live right by UMBC. Anyway, yeah, that sucks

EDIT: Btw, Omni is amazing.... That is all

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
haha yeah Appletree and I didn't think the power outage would be an issue for all day, but we should have posted something on the lines of "IT'S A TRAP! STAY AWAY FROM UMBC!"

I'm just sad I haven't played any smash since Saturday night :(

I tried out the platinum controller. I dunno if it's mine or not, but it seems to work better for me than any others I have used, so... I'll keep it! :)

Top Bottom