• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Judging by the last Catonsville tourney, Nurok would be first, then Btree, EE/DOSV/FC/UMBC then... Nikk and NKK. NKK should be higher up, I guess it's just the pressure that gets to him. Then again, the ability to handle pressure is pretty important.

That's just one tournament. Brackets impact the results to a certain extent, unless you're KM :p

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Based on that post thats why you would not be included in the making of them, you dont have a clue how to construct one...

mabe Blue just mabe lol

Frozen

Smash Lord
Judging by the last Catonsville tourney, Nurok would be first, then Btree, EE/DOSV/FC/UMBC then... Nikk and NKK. NKK should be higher up, I guess it's just the pressure that gets to him. Then again, the ability to handle pressure is pretty important.

That's just one tournament. Brackets impact the results to a certain extent, unless you're KM :p
Don't make a post like that again....

I would be much higher than that...you tend to start trouble by saying player X is better than player Y...it's happened before.

cmart

Smash Lord
also wtf at cmart 2 posts ago
???

BTW@everyone else- I meant to talk to everyone at catonsville, but I couldn't make it. Essentially I've realized I left bmore's finest mainly because I didn't get along with NKK, and that that's a pretty piss poor reason to have left. If you guys are willing to have me, I'd like to rejoin the crew.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Based on that post thats why you would not be included in the making of them, you dont have a clue how to construct one...

mabe Blue just mabe lol
I have no idea how to construct a bracket by hand. I did take a look at Tournament Maker v2.1 however, and it creates the brackets automatically.

The whole idea of a power rankings was thrown out by Nurok. Any sort of ranking is always controversial. All I did was rank people in the order from the last tournament. Gosh guys, chill.

I dunno what all your impressions of my attitude toward smash are right now, but I'll put it straight: Just recently thanks to semi-mastering L-cancelling plus some other minor techniques, my game improved a whole lot. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being pro, IMO I am now a 6.0, meaning I'm slightly above average now. However, I still think I suck cause I want to get much, much better, and I will do what I can to reach that level. Indeed compared to KM yesterday, I clearly suck. Also, something I'd like to note is I am only slightly above average with 1 character - marth. All my other characters are bad. This is a sign of my lack of experience, because I would play as many top characters to a high level as possible if I had the time. Instead, I'm getting my marth to a very high level first.

In terms of my skill level in comparison with the rest of Bmore's Finest, that really holds no significance. We should all try and build each other up instead of tear others down. Negative comments don't help. The point: get along with each other. It sounds lame, but Be Nice.

Frozen

Smash Lord
I know I only placed 17'th...**** happens, but that doesn't mean Nurok is better than me because he got 7'th or whatever. Hell I put Nurok in the losers bracket at the...but that's not the point. There aren't really power rankings in Bmores...like I said before...

Top 4 (In no specific order)
Btree
DOSV
EEvisu
Frozen

5 (In very specific order)
Nurok

Don't just read a tournament result page and say everyone who placed higher than me is better than me...read a few, then say something like that.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
welcome back cmart!!!

silly UMBC >.>

haha at Nuroks order Frozen xD

Edit: since cmart is back I'm gonna do a power ranking for fun =P

Nurok

Smash Lord
no wait.
5th?
chillll
im def like 20th.
no but still..
we should decide the power rankings after a few more fests+tourneis we all go too.
alrite? sounds reasonable?

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion

You forget that consistansy and difficulty are extremely important to ranking

Since this IS true you really need to consider a lot more than catonsville tournies and ****...

I've found I've never ever ever done well in pressure matches, meaning I can't do consitantly well in tournament setting, meaning I can't get ranked.

But honestly if you want to get down to playing a match with me, you should, because I've beat a lot of you more than I've lost to you, which is really unacceptable!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
First post edited, thanks cmart and welcome back. =)

techno - Join us sir...

Edit: My laptop's wireless connection is messing with me, so I may or may not be on randomly until I put it in its place, just letting you people know. Anyone wanna smash call me, cause if you PM me and I don't respond that means I have no internet.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I like the way the front page looks now. :)

I beat that peach player at my school just now. Had him over for an hour. He still wins 599/600 games, but it's progress! Maybe Husband can teach me a thing or two about peach... and samus :D

Glad your internet is back, Btree. I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally handicapped without the internet. ;)

cmart

Smash Lord
Man EE avatars like that are what get you internet stalkers. Approved.

Powerrankings are the tool of man, and Bmore's are all too close to each other to call well anyway. It'd just hurt people's feelings, when it wasn't meant to. That said I'd wanna see EE's rankings just for ****s and giggles.

^Hypocrit

EEvisu

Smash Lord
You can now vote in the SWF Awards so vote for me for best sig GO GO GO an make sure to confirm that at the bottom after u submit them!

My Power Rankings:
1)cmart
2)BTree
3)EE
4)Frozen
5)DOSV
6)Zero
7)Seed
8)Nurok
9)UMBC
10)Nikk

then w/e after that

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I was gonna take your quiz, but it says I need to install a flash plugin which basically told me your quiz was too much for my current laptop, they petty much just said you're too good.

Edit: Yeah, I don't want power rankings in BF, we argue randomly enough as it is. rankings would make us worse and we don't need that. Besides, it'd just be a reminder that I can't beat cmart's Jigglypuff. >_>

Edit #2: Zero - Wassuuup

cmart

Smash Lord
Obviously my quiz mindsgames'd you. I am still shamed with my weakness.

Edit: If Frozen is giving me a ride to c3, me and BT need to practice. What day this week?

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I'll come when cmart comes, just give a time Ron

Edit: Dude Ron an Frozen should team that way I can team w/ cmart to make up for the Catonsville torny =0

Hat can team w/ dez nuts!

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'll come when cmart comes, just give a time Ron

Edit: Dude Ron an Frozen should team that way I can team w/ cmart to make up for the Catonsville torny =0

Hat can team w/ dez nuts!
Yeah, **** hat.

....no i'll be teaming with Hat...we've been playing all week, and i've been helping him get better, team Frozen ftw.

Edit: I'm available for smash at Ron's house any day after 5 this (and every) week...I can bring Hat's *****ass too, if neccesary....let me know.

<3

Frozen

Smash Lord
My Power Rankings:
.5)Frozen
1)cmart
2)BTree
3)EE
4)Frozen(on an off day)
5)DOSV
6)Zero
7)Seed
8)Nurok
9)UMBC
10)Nikk

then w/e after that
There EE....I fixed your power rankings.

For real though...no more posting power rankings...it just pisses people off. Apparently EE thinks Btree and himself are better than me...which I don't really agree with...As far as i'm concerned we're all at a skill level that's relatively close. I see nothing wrong with making power rankings in a few weeks or so, but right now i'd say it's a toss up as to who's better between myself, EE, and Btree....and to say one person > another is just silly right now. :laugh:

Nightmare Korn Kid sucks though. So does Nurok.

<3

(j/k nightmare I haven't played you in months)

Nurok

Smash Lord
wow wtf @ frozen.
i mean... im good too... kinda.
it was one tournament.
maybe next time, i play all of you, well see who is better.
if u can do it once, but cant do it twice, then youre not better then the other person

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Any day this week would be fine for smash after four I suppose. Just let me know what day you wanna come, and be aware that we need to wrap it up around 10PM and no later cause I need to work in the morning.

@Frozen - stop saying you think you're better than or equal to player x if you want them to drop comparisons soon. UMBC is right and I've said the same thing a few pages back in this thread; we need to not argue and instead, focus on busting everyone else's *****. Friendly **** talk is fine when we're playing but let's keep it to a minimum when possible and in person. I'm gonna tone it down to start off. =)

@EE - it's fine if you wanna team with cmart, I'll find someone at C3 I guess, or just post in the thread.

Nurok

Smash Lord
too btree- our levels may be equal, but everyone knows our team is ****ing amazing.
lmao we have an amazing team
BEAST MODE
thats our team name from now on.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Dude we really have some serious team potential, BEAST MODE needs to form once again at the next tournament we're both at.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I agree with Btree about power rankings. 1. They spark controversy and argument, 2. #1 can cause unnecessary problems within Bmore's Finest 3. I still suck 4. Not all of us have played each other recently, and it seems we're all improving with time and experience.

p.s. I suggest you get everyone over on FRIDAY, not Thursday (or Wednesday cause I'm playing with Freakachu that night). ;) Just a suggestion tho!

EEvisu

Smash Lord
LOL my rankings were not based on anything but getting the 2 whitest black man an the whitest cuban over the blackest mutha fuka alive everything elses was random, silly BMore when is EE serious.

An I'd suggest we all get together Wed an Friday, if the weather is good hows that sound?

Edit: BE SURE TO VOTE FOR ME IN THE SWF AWARDS FOR BEST SIG, BE SURE TO SUBMIT AN CONFIRM THEM!

FMajor

Smash Rookie
is it possible for me to join
as bmore's best?
---
i mean, i was born n raised in bmore
but now, i live in PG county

Smash Guru

Smash Rookie
Hahaha I forgot I made this name.

FMajor - Try to make it to C3 this Saturday and play some of us, or make it to the next Catonsville tournament. That's a rule, no one can join until you've played me, cmart, or Nightmare now (in WoW). That or **** three other BF members in sets.

cmart

Smash Lord
I have class tomorrow so nada can't do then. I can do fri though. I probably will only stay a couple hours around 5 though.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Okay then Friday it is, I'll be there prolly around 5:30 or 6 to aviod traffic

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Nacker, here is the link for C3:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96173

I'll be at Btree's place on Friday between 4:30 and 6pm, depending on when I eat my meals. We're making a small rule for while I'm there: I cannot play a 1v1 vs Btree unless no one else is there. I need to play more Cmart, EE, and Frozenchaos.

Are we going to practice any doubles while we're all there?

Top Bottom