• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Yea Rez, already knew about that lol. I haven't been watching Endless Eight. I watched the first two episodes of it, and will continue Haruhi after that/when I download more. On a side note, got to watch Steve H and Boom Boom Brandon play Guilty Gear for some random amount of time today (like....17- 6 in Steve's Favor LOL, Brandon says they're the same skill level), and beat Brandon 35 - 5 in DOA before he quit LOL.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Yea Rez, already knew about that lol. I haven't been watching Endless Eight. I watched the first two episodes of it, and will continue Haruhi after that/when I download more. On a side note, got to watch Steve H and Boom Boom Brandon play Guilty Gear for some random amount of time today (like....17- 6 in Steve's Favor LOL, Brandon says they're the same skill level), and beat Brandon 35 - 5 in DOA before he quit LOL.
me and azen wanna sf4 fest with steve h sometime, help set this up btree, i would be eternally grateful

and by eternally i mean for like a few hours or something

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
me and azen wanna sf4 fest with steve h sometime, help set this up btree, i would be eternally grateful

and by eternally i mean for like a few hours or something
i will call him and tell him how to get ahold of you guys, and he doesn't have a ride, so somehow you might have to take care of that....

that being said, he will play about any time that you can get a hold of him.

and lobos, i hear ya on mvc2 its just... its old, and keep playing it, not very many people who talk about tvc actually know what they're talking about, the game is extremely balanced, and there is so much room for personalization of playing your characters, and great character dynamics....

marvel three though... i'm def down for some more mahvel baby! (wolverine would be top of top tier... period)

chillindude829

Smash Master
word up, yeah we could def give him a ride and everything and we'd appreciate the practice, thanks man

i heard a random rumor which is probably complete BS that said mvc3 might use the tvc engine?! would be so sweet, ****in gambit 10 hit combo baroque for a few more hits into card super

Shinku

Smash Champion
tvc is too easy. mvc2 is much more difficult to play. prettier, prolly so much only cuz its newier. and dont give me that "oh you suck at tvc bs chiilin" cuz you prolly suck at marvel

10 percent viable my ***

also im getting pissed at marvel right now, ****ing campers

chillindude829

Smash Master
i suck at marvel cuz ive played it like twice ever. i sucked at sf4 at first, and now you prob cant even take a round from me. im tempted to pick up mvc2 just to beat your *** at it and still like tvc better

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
tvc is too easy. mvc2 is much more difficult to play. prettier, prolly so much only cuz its newier. and dont give me that "oh you suck at tvc bs chiilin" cuz you prolly suck at marvel

10 percent viable my ***

also im getting pissed at marvel right now, ****ing campers
then you get infinited in the corner and you are like **** this game :chuckle::chuckle:

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
then you get infinited in the corner and you are like **** this game :chuckle::chuckle:
this is just hilarious to me... marvel is too much sometimes, and it can be super campy, but so can... any game.

lets play marvel online.... so that we can fight against sentinel storm commando and see how many hits we can get in the 99 second timer...

on a side note, the ign guides for mvc2 are actually pretty decent.

if you like marvel cool, if you like tvc cooler(hehe), if you like fighting games for fighting games... play them all, other fighters will only help you get better, and i'm not saying play everything, but if you play vs series games... you should play more than mvc2... not the only game in the series, and i guess i'm just partly sick of mvc2 because i have been a bum with the game for countless hours(only game i played for about a year) and i still haven't actually been able to sit down and mess peoples day up in this new 360/ps3 version(which is based off of the dreamcast version, yay!)

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
how about y'all fools see me in dat HD Remix. =)

and GOOD **** Btree, still ****** in DOA, lol

Steve is Japan tier in Guilty, no lie

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
i'll be honest with you guys, since various fighters are being discussed:

i think, in reality, that only a few things concerning them matter right now.

SBO is this friday. meaning, SF4 might die this weekend ( and possibly face an update depending on Ono's announcement of a sequel / some kind of revision ), like it or not. a lot of the "serious" players are going to be done with it. it may always have its player base because it catered to the lowest common denominator ( people who missed out on the last 20 years of street fighter ), but it's not going to be like, say, Third Strike or Super Turbo in terms of longevity. i'd compare it more to a game like SF3 New Generation where its the first iteration in the series that will get swept into obscurity with new revisions to the game engine.

also, my final opinion on TVC is contingent on what happens with it at SBO. the sad part is there is no livestream, so i'll have to live vicariously with forum reports / random cam footage / whatever Steve H says happened. :p
as someone who mains Karas I can tell you that a Karas will make top 8 but probably will NOT WIN because Karas dies in two hits.

guilty gear generations will replace accent core. melty blood actress again will be the game to beat until that shows up. blazblue will have its dedicated player set, but it may get shunned for GGG when it drops.

if you don't like KOF XII ( for whatever reason ), play KOF 2002 Unlimited Match. more characters than MVC2, actually has a pretty decent scene over the pond from what I understand, tons of depth, really good game.

i personally think Arcana is going to be overshadowed by Daemon Bride, call me crazy, but I see more people playing Vanguard Princess, of all things ( might be just because it's technically free and is surprisingly a really good doujin fighter ).

later on in the year it might be all about dat Tekken, to be honest ( and this is coming from a VF head, but Sega is really dropping the ball on no VF5R console, i even posted up on their facebook - and YOU SHOULD TOO )
evidently some people from the VF team are joining Itagaki to make a new fighter with a new IP - I predict it'll be either slightly more or slightly less balanced than DOA, with about as much fanservice, lol. maybe kind of like a next gen Fighting Vipers?

however, later in the year, TMNT Smash Up.
I strongly recommend, regardless of your feelings on whether or not it's a "true" Smash title, to play the heck out of it. Get Smashers to play it. Bring it to tournaments. Find advanced techniques in it. Post up match footage.
Hal Lab - Sakurai + Team Ninja members = potentially very playable game.
At least it'll probably be something good to play besides Brawl, anyway.

P.S. Turbo, if you wanna beat people online, just play a trap team. Remember, most of the people playing online now weren't old enough to actually have been locked down by Spiral or Strider, lol, or even some of the older Ruby/IM/Doom shenanigans

i should seriously consider updating my blog ( http://six-echo.blogspot.com for anyone who cares about random fighting game footage / sporadic news )

chillindude829

Smash Master
im sorry, that post to me just boiled down to "screw sfiv, play TMNT smash up"

although admittedly i can see what you mean about sfiv catering to the lowest level, but if you think about it it's still way less noob-friendly than brawl and people are STILL playing that

i think sfiv will be fine until sf4 part 2

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
because Brawl didn't get a pseudosequel / revision in the following months ( at least not an official one....lol )

and chillin.....you're basically right lol
i mean, i can't tell someone what to like or what to hate, that's like me saying Coke > Pepsi, or Dominoes > Papa Johns, its your decision to like whatever you like, but if you seriously are going to want to keep playing SF4 as it is when a potentially way tighter game is coming, then that's questionable

on a weird side note, should i apply the 360 UI update so i get all this weird new stuff for Netflix which i don't use and this stuff for my avatar to wear, or do i say screw that and keep my 360 this way so i can flash my hard drive / have it modded for emulation and Japanese games? ( before someone asks, there's a very good reason to have a Japan region 360.....SHMUPS )

Lobos

Smash Master
SF4 dying already? Why couldn't it have happened this quick for Brawl >_>
because nintendo likes to make us wait years for the next one or for a new system......besides sf4 isnt dying....do you have any idea how many people were at EVO?......This region is really small on 2-d fighters....NY is where its at!

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
i don't know if i would equate EVO's success with Capcom's, they're making all the real money off of this, which is why they're announcing an update / revision / sequel / something weird they've been planning at SBO.
Besides, in Japan in 1998, 10,000 people competed for the Alpha 3 title. 62 competed for the US one.
If you compare that first number in a ratio to the 1,000 plus people that competed for EVO SF4 dominance, that's a tenth of the competition. We're only just now getting a fraction of the exposure to the dedicated fighting game scene, in a sense because Capcom is stupidly smart and is making it mainstream.
NY and SoCal are the epicenters of the competition but where does that leave all the other players? Playing at each other's houses? Online, which makes us have to deal with latency and play a completely different game?
Remember, USA has no arcades, Japan does, which helps them purvey and further their competition. And as a result they get tens of thousands of players while we're lucky, being so far apart in the US and seperated by the bible belt, to even get a couple hundred, much less the thousand plus marker that was the miracle of EVO.

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
Stupid, also, I know, but the currently confirmed TMNT Smash Up roster:

Leonardo
Michaelangelo
Donatello
Raphael
Foot Ninja
Casey Jones
Krang / Utrominator
Nightwatcher
Karai
Fugitoid
Master Splinter
April O Neal
Shredder
Raving Rabbid / Splinter Cell Rabbid

I'm waiting for Miyamoto Usagi / Wingnut to main them >_>;

g-regulate

Smash Hero
g-reg is disappointed at the severe lack of rat king on that list

my caseyjones/shredder are gonna have to **** you all instead

chillindude829

Smash Master
but yeah regardless of how much you dislike the game alvarez, claiming sf4 is going to die after SBO is a bit of a stretch

and by a bit i mean a ridiculously huge one

SF4 has a huge playerbase, and the games only been out a few months

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
note that i didn't say it was going to die, i said it was going to be patched / replaced with a revision or possible sequel.
it's obviously the first in a series, did you honestly think Capcom was going to only put out that game and not expand on it as much money as they've made?
the original, vanilla release, of EVERY SF game made, is NEVER the only game to be made.
let's look at the history:
SF world warrior : dead.
SF alpha: dead. ( rose's most broken version ever )
SF3 new gen: dead in the water.
SF EX: dead as a doorknob.

so you mean to tell me, that if they announce SF4 Dash / SF4CE, with some crazy character expansions, new characters and outfits, that you'd rather keep playing vanilla SF4? i think not.

THAT's what i'm saying. lrn2read
i'm not knocking the playerbase, as i'm part of it and that would be idiotic. but the playerbase itself is going to have a hard time catching up.
haunts ( iplaywinner ) has gone on the record saying that if half of the Akuma players in the US were on Japan's level ( and how much longer have they had the game by the way to get better? since like summer of '08 while we didn't get a console release till february? ) then people will eventually be begging to fight Sagats.
I also have been watching Jibbo **** Sagats with GEN, of all people, who everybody thought was trash.
So, yes, the game has a massive amount of life as it is, but Capcom really is the one in control of the franchise, and they're going to expand on it to make more money.
And the players will have to adapt or just play something else.

chillindude829

Smash Master
SBO is this friday. meaning, SF4 might die this weekend ( and possibly face an update depending on Ono's announcement of a sequel / some kind of revision ), like it or not. a lot of the "serious" players are going to be done with it.
note that i didn't say it was going to die
lol

but yeah its rather obvious that once capcom makes a 2nd version of sf4 everyone will move onto that, i never disagreed with that, i just disagreed with the sentiment that after SBO sf4 would die out. people will continue to play it before the 2nd version is released, and it might even get bigger during that time.

Shinku

Smash Champion
id much rather just download a patch or whatever of sf4 instead of paying another 60 bucks for another copy of sf4. i swear capcom and xbox live just love making money. especially with the new avatar editor thing.

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
i think the main problem is that we're not gonna be able to touch japan. justin's gotten closest obviously, but mild conspiracy theory here on my part: SBO is basically doing no live stream. meaning nobody outside of the arcadia hall is going to see what goes on, unless people release hand cam footage, or until famitsu puts up whatever footage they get from enterbrain. they've also gone so far as to say that they might not even produce a DVD. now, why is that?
they've been taking major strides in hyping up Daigo, with big multipage articles, as this unbeatable god of fighters. national pride takes a big part in it: over there, if you win SBO, beating out literally thousands of other players, YOU ARE THE MAN. simple as that.
now, what would happen if justin and marn go over there and actually win?
HUGE UPSET.
but the problem is putting that occurence in some form of perceivable media for US players. they need some reasonable goal, to visibly get better. NY players are so good because they regularly get to play some of the best in the world. it's not a question of whether or not this will make it bigger, because it's only going to get bigger.
the problem is the spread of skill.
let's put it this way; if i only trained with you, M2K, Azen, and Chu in Melee for a week with my Sheik, how good would you say I would get versus the idea of me just playing the first names I saw on the front page of this site by just randomly picking off names in order to play?
that's what online is. it's uneven skill distribution. like, immediately after SBO, only the players who actually are over there are going to know what goes on, what tactics get used, how to combat those tactics, etc.
this is the problem US players face. it's gotten better now because of the internet, but i remember when you absolutely HAD to go to arcades and play people to get better. and i think the reason i say the game will "die" is that in essence everything about it is mainstream, you DON'T get the arcade experience anymore, you get a facsimile. fighting games have NEVER been this popular. EVER.
it's the same idea that punk is dead, or hiphop is dead. the more exposure this stuff gets, the less likely it is that the soul of it stays with it.
i guess that's just the way i see it, though. but i bet a lot of you felt a similar way when people discovered the differences between Brawl and Melee.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
and lol @ the ninja turtles being on the "confirmed character" list. as if that was necessary

interested to see how april oneal fights

Rez 64

Smash Rookie
That's her, so do we want to drug her on sight or at place of ****?
well if you slip flunitrazepam / rohypnol / roofies in her drink, depending on her body weight and mental tolerance she can be out for up to eight to ten hours, during which time you can do with her what you will, but it usually takes about twenty minutes for the sedative effect to begin, during which time you'd have to distract her by dancing or something
or you could just tie her up in the back of your car, which would make that a moot point to begin with.

alternatively you could give her a "popper" which is actually a readily available alkyl nitrate you can acquire at many a Baltimore rave, which would give her a relaxing, unspecified type of sedative effect that would essentially make her not care who or what she's doing it with, until the head rush or euphoria wore off, unsure of how long that lasts though. potential problem with that is that many of those have been shown to relax the muscles in the netherregion, specifically those of the ****** and the sphincter, so she might poop on you.

either way, have fun.

^______________^

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'd say the best course of action would be to get one of us, preferably the most attractive/approachable one to start talking to her until she feels comfortable enough to meet up with us, at which time we'll come up with some grand scheme involving roofies and a banana that will end with a large gangbang and hopefully not (but likely) an arrest.

Let's get going people.

Top Bottom