• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

dieslow

Smash Ace
every tourney has stage bans as a rule, Manuel trying to bend the rules to help better his odds at winning = pathetic. simply pathetic.. =[

dieslow

Smash Ace
banning stages btw, makes the game MORE balanced. since both players get to ban 1 stage they have a disadvantage on, the stages leftover should be closer to even/netural for both players.

unityole

Smash Lord
we had the talk about how the rules should be.

so then i looked at the PR, not knowing Adam/Eric/John's opinion on this, looks like banning stages will be allowed. its Manli vs Tony/Tiep/Ryan/Roby/Evan

1 PR vs 5 PR.
on top of that theres James and AJ also agreed on banning stages.
so rules stayed like always

unityole

Smash Lord
well robyextreme and sion bailed.. although they said they were coming, guess not.

ROBY THE WA PLAYERS WERE HERE MANG, with silentFOX fast as hell!

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Ive been busy with school the past week srry i couldnt make the tourney.
But me and my friends recorded a highlight reel from an 8hr session of friendlies.
Im Byron in the video.
EDIT: nothing is staged. Combos are based on the opponent lacking skill if they seem impossible in real life
Please critique and express your opinions negative or positive(watch in high quality):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnLiknTDi4(part1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rChYewyns(part2)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I just got back from April Wine...
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I now know what it's like to get hit on by hot drink chicks. It's hilarious:laugh:. Screw you guys and your "tournament"!

Can't get much closer than this. And by much, I mean any.
Well of course they're awesome, like the best live band ever.

Yeah, getting hit on by hotchicks is a nice side kick to that which is "music"

Can't get ANY closer? How about backstage to hang out after the show and get them all to sign a picture of me and Jerry Mercer and a signed set list. (yeah, I'll rub it in more if I want ***** :p)
jkz man, glad you like that music cause it's like MUSIC for real.

Oh, and did they play Roller? They didn't at the show I went to :\

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ive been busy with school the past week srry i couldnt make the tourney.
But me and my friends recorded a highlight reel from an 8hr session of friendlies.
Im Byron in the video.
Please critique and express your opinions negative or positive(watch in high quality):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnLiknTDi4(part1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rChYewyns(part2)
Oh wow, you guys are pretty good. We should play at the next big melee tournament. We could play for money if you'd like but I might wanna do some friendlies first. I'm not very good at melee, more of a brawl player myself :p

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, you guys are pretty good. We should play at the next big melee tournament. We could play for money if you'd like but I might wanna do some friendlies first. I'm not very good at melee, more of a brawl player myself :p
I sense a lot of sarcasm. Straight-on negative comments are welcome but i dont like sarcasm.

Clouderz

Smash Ace

idk why but that made me cry a little inside ;_;

Zero_P

Smash Ace
loldavey

quinn? That can't be the same quinn I know lol You guys should come up next week, I'm pretty sure there's a smashfest so come up and play
btw MM noobking, he's B-A-D BAD!

edit: also, could you upload actual matches? combo videos are cool and all but actual matches are better imo

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
if you want us to critique your combo video then im sure most will say it was pretty good. shows tech skill and all that good stuff. but if you want us to critique your gameplay and skill, it'd be easier for us to do if you uploaded some matches so we can see how you play in general. hard to critique your skill in combo videos since combo videos are meant to highlight your best moments.

Yimyo

Smash Rookie
if you want us to critique your combo video then im sure most will say it was pretty good. shows tech skill and all that good stuff. but if you want us to critique your gameplay and skill, it'd be easier for us to do if you uploaded some matches so we can see how you play in general. hard to critique your skill in combo videos since combo videos are meant to highlight your best moments.
true that =)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Oddly they didn't. That was actually the first thing that came to mind at the end was that they didn't play that song.
I'd guess it's because his voice can't handle it. I asked Jerry if that was why and he just assumed that too. If you get the 2003 April Wine Live album they play it on there. It's great of course. Sign of the Gypsy Queen is incredible live too. All of the songs are really haha

unityole

Smash Lord
what best moments? pretty ****ty to me :/
those knees were so weak, u need to press the button harder.
moves other than knee shouldnt be mentioned except for ganon's purple attacks and tiny facial.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I sense a lot of sarcasm. Straight-on negative comments are welcome but i dont like sarcasm.
Yo bro, meant nothing negative by it. You had some decent combos from what I saw in the video. I guess hanging out with Eggz all weekend made me an ignorant ****!

Anyways, I sincerely do hope that you guys come out to the next SFU melee tournament. We have them EVERY Saturday at the SFU Burnaby campus in the "Applied Science" building.

Adam's Falcon's knee is so powerful it turns off TVs.
Dude, I like Dthrow -> Tech-chase Dair and manuel or Quinn (as fox) popped up right infront of me and I SH'd and pressed forward A and just as the knee was coming out the power goes off. It was the funniest **** ever! the timing was so perfect :laugh::laugh:.

STILL got the knee too ;)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yo bro, meant nothing negative by it. You had some decent combos from what I saw in the video. I guess hanging out with Eggz all weekend made me an ignorant ****!

Anyways, I sincerely do hope that you guys come out to the next SFU melee tournament. We have them EVERY Saturday at the SFU Burnaby campus in the "Applied Science" building.

Dude, I like Dthrow -> Tech-chase Dair and manuel or Quinn (as fox) popped up right infront of me and I SH'd and pressed forward A and just as the knee was coming out the power goes off. It was the funniest **** ever! the timing was so perfect :laugh::laugh:.

STILL got the knee too ;)
lol *****

FBM

Smash Apprentice
what best moments? pretty ****ty to me :/
those knees were so weak, u need to press the button harder.
moves other than knee shouldnt be mentioned except for ganon's purple attacks and tiny facial.
Rofl, Jack... all your cries of "facial" pretty much made the weekend for me.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When you play with someone you know for a long time, both of them seem good.. however.. it is rarely the case when it comes down to an actual tournament where all the different playstyles come into play. They will get *****.

booshk

Smash Lord
is there ever going to be smashfests in richmond and not like 60 trillion miles away

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
60 trillion miles is all you can complain about? Try Kelowna man. Get your *** to a tourney! ITS LIKE DOWN THE STREET FROM YOU!
lol why do people complain about distance? Don't they see how annoyed I am here? haha

Top Bottom