• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
holy crap ITS WAY TO LAGGY to play ike... and 2 second lag is kinda anoying when your characters alrdy is stupid slow

and my connection keeps droping

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
Hey camerican are you ace? i've played a few matches against this guy and i dont even know who he is =S maybe people should start putting their brawl tags somewhere on their profile it'd help me out a lot ^^.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
ya i am, you have an anoying lucas i might add, i cant really play him properly with this lag everytime i try to dodge in incoming attack it wont respond intime, but im pretty sure its both ways lol hope they fix there servers up soon 2 second delay kills my fav char (ike)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The delay I was experiencing hasn't been present in my last 3 or 4 matches, so I'm much happier now =)

Is M@ someone from here? The tag I'm using is Fire.

JDZL

Smash Rookie
eric is right.
mario is totally awesome. and i do mean totally.

i still like marth though. i was able to ken combo gary's ike on sunday. it was a short match too, so i got the replay. felt good.

supsup

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I got brawl too and unlocked everything.

I've added doppimus, z-r0w, rushan, herschel, rampage, eric, camerican, and hillary. Screenname is GOSU :p

FC: 4253-3171-3195

piegopher

Smash Rookie
So how many people ended up signing up for the Nintendo tournaments? I got my name in for North Van and Metrotown, but I'm wondering about the controls... They say wiimote, but does that imply nunchuk? I want to know so I don't have to practice with wiimote only- That control scheme is total crap! Omg plz wait a second while I finish my full jump so that I can up-tilt you... Then I'll spike you with a DAir and fast fall off the stage.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You're only allowed to sign up for one. WiiMote only I think. I'm fairly sure they're using the same staff and setup as the Retail event and Best Buy event. Both fo which were WiiMote only and DON'T FORGET TO WEAR YOUR STRAP =/

I'm at Metrotown on Friday.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
You're only allowed to sign up for one. WiiMote only I think. I'm fairly sure they're using the same staff and setup as the Retail event and Best Buy event. Both fo which were WiiMote only and DON'T FORGET TO WEAR YOUR STRAP =/

I'm at Metrotown on Friday.
lol - hope you win it Rushan!

Guys just put your friend code in your signatures! It should be easier than scrolling through pages and pages of posts!

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
Hey you guys,

You are all located pretty close to me, so perhaps I will game with you because connection will be good. I remember i went to a tournament with some of you out in Richmond a couple years ago and got my *** handed to me. I will likely have a lot to learn from you guys.

The online stuff will probably help me improve a lot. So far I have only been able to get to a level that makes me better than everyone I personally know, which isnt that good.

Add me to your friend list if you are interested in playing with me or teaching me things.

How exactly will that online stuff work? Will people just create open games that anyone can join, or something?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
well yes people create or join the games another person creates.. However you have to have their Brawl code along with yours as well so you can see each other..

I will gladly play you whenever I see you online anyhow... feel free to add me:)

piegopher

Smash Rookie
You're only allowed to sign up for one.
You're not the boss of me!

Butt srsly where does it say that? I can see on the nintendo rules that "Only one entry per person is allowed." but I figured that was more about preventing people from signing up for their friends. When I signed up at each location I asked them if I could do multiple tournaments, and they answered with a resounding 'meh,' so I figure it doesn't matter too much to them. I'll ask again before I compete in metrotown anyway, just so there are no shenanigans that could spoil the spirit of smashmas

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
Thanks i'l add you now,

But what I meant was that I don't wanna be a **** and join some game that people create for the purpose of playing each other. How do I know if it is a game that is open to everyone on the mutal friend list? or if it is between specific people?

I not to sure how the online works. I managed to play one online game against 1 random guy and 2 computers; since them i get error: 85010

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Oliver, "Only one entry per person will be accepted during the Contest Period. Participants may only compete at one participating EB Games location during the Contest Period. Participants who enter at more than one EB Games location will not be eligible to win any prize."

http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi?id=2340751&lang=en&pageNum=5

Thanks i'l add you now,

But what I meant was that I don't wanna be a **** and join some game that people create for the purpose of playing each other. How do I know if it is a game that is open to everyone on the mutal friend list? or if it is between specific people?

I not to sure how the online works. I managed to play one online game against 1 random guy and 2 computers; since them i get error: 85010

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Oliver, "Only one entry per person will be accepted during the Contest Period. Participants may only compete at one participating EB Games location during the Contest Period. Participants who enter at more than one EB Games location will not be eligible to win any prize."

http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi?id=2340751&lang=en&pageNum=5
Ahhh jeez- Well, thanks for looking that up for me- I guess I'll withdraw from one of the tournaments as well as giving those misleading EB employees a talking-to. I'll probably stick with the metrotown one. Sucks to seabuses!

... I can almost taste that T-Shirt

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
rampage those were some good games, and "stop being g4y" with your chain throw : / and your sonic is anoying! o_0 lol but ya il play ya later need some food i havent eaten all day

ps: i get the least lag to you, or today so far ^^

Rampage

vx
lol man I'm too good!!!

Yeah, your sonic needs some work. haha want some tips?! :p

But you got a really good lucario! You were ****** my falco until you did that one thing...what was it? Oh yeah, died. LOL JK JK YOU'RE TOO GOOD!

My sonic gets ***** by Ike, Olimar, PT, and Olimar.

My falco gets ***** by...NOBODY! LOL TOO GOOD TOO GOOD lol jk I suck =[ Good Games Camerican!

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
what my lucerio? i thought youd compliment my charizard of anything o_0 and thats like my 3rd time using sonic im not very good withem , my ike and pokemon trainer are my favs / best so far and i decided to pick uup lucerio about well wen i faced you lol

JProph

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Met Rampage at the uhhh wait in line for Brawl. I live in coquitlam and am looking for any fun times u guys are willing to throw up. Nice to meet y'all

JProph

Smash Rookie
I added u but than my it wouldnt let me join. Opened the ports on my router and made a static ip for my Wii along with a DMZ host. So i shoudlnt have nay problems now (or if i do its not to do with my router thats for sure).

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
Maybe thats why i cant join any games online. Where did you get the information you need to do that to your router?

I know how to access the settings of my router, but I dont know what IP adress and what to do with it.

Also, I added you, add me too.

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
This seems very hard. I tried looking over it and what the recomendations are telling me to do does not match up with the available options. I have played a game online before once, does that mean that my router is okay? or do i still need to do all the reconfiguration?

I found a spot in my router config that will just allow me to enable the DMZ stuff. It is currently disabled. Should I enable this and everything will be perfect forever? :)

JProph

Smash Rookie
I added you.

Uhh do u need to do it? No. May help with lag and such that when ur playing online though. It all depends on your router though.

Mostly the reason for not being able to connect has to do with the fact that Brawl came out on sunday and everyone wants to play online. Nintendo servers are just being overloaded.

Rampage

vx
Hey guys. Met Rampage at the uhhh wait in line for Brawl. I live in coquitlam and am looking for any fun times u guys are willing to throw up. Nice to meet y'all
OH HEY MAN! I saw your picture in the...glass...thing...lol

Well my Friend Code is right under my avatar and all that :) I'll add you right now!

btw add me on msn if you can

zero.phoenix [at] hotmail.com

PS. Anybody can add me as long as you tell me your SWF name when I accept you

what my lucerio? i thought youd compliment my charizard of anything o_0 and thats like my 3rd time using sonic im not very good withem , my ike and pokemon trainer are my favs / best so far and i decided to pick uup lucerio about well wen i faced you lol
Forget your charizard, it's not nearly as good as your Lucario. Your ike is pretty good too but I can't play against ike no matter who I am...(Seriously That raw power is too much)

ahah Yeah I figured. Sonic is so hard to control and play as fast as he can move >_< but I think I'm getting the hang of it. But my falco is much better imo

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
your on drugs man my lucerio is not that good : / i think my charizard is way better but il play ya in a bit if your on

sorry bout that zrow there is no pause and i had to do something ; / and your a very delayfull fight compared to most iono how you do it o_0

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
lol no worries i figured something was up. I didn't really feel that much lag when we were playing though? your pokemon trainers not bad your charizard is pretty good but the other two need a bit of work and once you have them mastered you'll have all your weaknesses covered.

Metà

Smash Master
After playing as ROB a couple weeks ago at Jack's tournament, I though he was going to my main, cause he was so fun, but I really don't think he'll top Lucas (I haven't unlocked him yet though).

EDIT: Yeah, we should get some matches going sometime. I can't imagine what a Lucas ditto would be like! :laugh: So crazy...

Top Bottom