• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie

Looking for players in the Fraser Valley to come on down to Play N Trade's Wednesday Night Fights, every Wednesday from 5-7pm.

Play N Trade also (appears to) host monthly Smash 4 tournaments, so keep an eye on their Facebook page for any news.

We currently have an active, pretty chilled out Smash turnout every week. All ages welcome, no charge to play, just come out and have a good time!

On top of Smash, I am running setups for every other fighting game under the sun. We have some killer BlazBlue players showing up weekly, and I am down for everything from USF4 to Battle Arena Toshinden.

Also currently gauging interest for running Gundam EXVS, J-Stars, etc. setups across our multitude of monitors.

Last edited:

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie
Wednesday Night Fights is HAPPENING

We got monthly Smash tournaments, plenty of Smash 4 players coming in weekly, as well as KI, MK9, BBCP, P4A, and a host of other games running. Check it out!

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
Langley player here, would love to meet up with some of you guys and check out the skillz in our local. Hoping one day to host a tournement in Langley as I have large amounts of space to work with .

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
So the PRs for B.C. hasn't been updated since 2010. Reasons? :4falcon:

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Anyone here at SFU specifically? I recently got accepted there, so I'd like to find a training partner, if possible.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
Anyone here at SFU specifically? I recently got accepted there, so I'd like to find a training partner, if possible.
Surrey Campus has a game room in the library where a lot of ppl play smash together

Cosmok14

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juicebaker
Is there any Fraser Valley Sm4sh groups? I just joined the BC group on FB

CagedBird

Smash Rookie
Just curious how many people actually play Melee within the lower mainland and get together? I would like to start playing with other people and not cpus but don't really know where to start. I wish I knew some people and more about tourneys. I know there is a weekly tourney somewhere near Metrotown but life has happened and I don't think I could handle going to a tournament right at this moment. I'm also into 64.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Just curious how many people actually play Melee within the lower mainland and get together? I would like to start playing with other people and not cpus but don't really know where to start. I wish I knew some people and more about tourneys. I know there is a weekly tourney somewhere near Metrotown but life has happened and I don't think I could handle going to a tournament right at this moment. I'm also into 64.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBCSmashCommunity/

thats where it starts bro. There are pretty big tournaments every couple of months at UBC. There are also weeklies in Burnaby...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/644671158970386/

UDIE

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in Victoria Interested in playing? Most of yall seem to be from Vancouver.

Fin150

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm from the surrey, white rock area and I feel that I'm pretty good, but haven't really been able to play with anyone that pushes me to my limit. if anyone is planning a tournament or just matches, I would really like to help out and play. thanks! PS. I mainly play smash 4 now. but i could try the others as well. haven't played them in a long time so ill probably be quite horrible.

Dhir

Smash Rookie
NNID
OhDhir
man this is a fun read, the BC smash scene is mainly Facebook based and most people are okay with that. we need to get a PR up asap though. we've got atleast 4 tournaments we can pull results from.

Top Bottom