• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Ringedge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ringedge
Would anyone on the mainland be interested in coming to a tournament on the island in December-ish? A few of us are looking at conference rooms to hold it in, and I was wondering if there would even be enough demand.

-Zephyr-

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! :)
my name is Zephyr, I am a French Melee player, I have been playing competitively for about one year, I main Samus and I also like playing Marth and Sheik (even if I am really bad with them, I only play Samus in tournaments).
I am spending three months at UVic for my studies (I arrived yesterday and I will stay here until mid-December) and I was wondering if there is a Melee scene around here.
Hope I will see you soon!

Ringedge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ringedge
Fellow Samus main eh? We are going to need to play this month ;) We have club every Wednesday at 7:30pm-11:00pm (although we can sneak in early at times) in room 116 or 125 in the engineering building and there are monthly tournaments on the last Saturday every month, they are usually from 11am-11pm. Here is our Facebook page for more details https://www.facebook.com/groups/victoriasmash/

-Zephyr-

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I met a guy from the Smash Bros Club on the campus who told me the same thing.
See you Wednesday, then. I am looking forward to playing with you all ;)

Zorch

Smash Rookie
yoo we got any nanaimo smashers here? any mention of this place seems to be from forever ago

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah, I met a guy from the Smash Bros Club on the campus who told me the same thing.
See you Wednesday, then. I am looking forward to playing with you all ;)
Eyy great matches yesterday! Just wanted to mention that the 3rd party memory card sometimes asks for data to be overwritten and that I'm not "Jake H." (he wrote his name on the back of it). Good luck getting a setup running!

Also:
https://www.facebook.com/doyouplayforkeeps

Last edited:

xJon

Smash Cadet
yoo we got any nanaimo smashers here? any mention of this place seems to be from forever ago
Hey, apparently the university has an anime and gaming club and they seem to play smash..
I myself haven't gone, I just found out a couple of days ago and I'm gonna see if I can try to go this week.

It's usually every Friday from 5-10pm in building 250, room 125.

Zorch

Smash Rookie
Hey, apparently the university has an anime and gaming club and they seem to play smash..
I myself haven't gone, I just found out a couple of days ago and I'm gonna see if I can try to go this week.

It's usually every Friday from 5-10pm in building 250, room 125.
Dam, Nanaimo has weeklies? that's pretty rad. idk if you'd know or not, but do you know if they play pm? is there entrance fees?

Unverclopt

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm a Ganon player (Meta Knight in 3DS), I live in Pitt Meadows. Not that good, but I do understand all the technical stuff, just don't have the proficiency to do it. Don't have much tourney xp but I want to get better. I've been to Yakal's place once and it was really fun, should do that again sometime. Other than that, yeah, not too much.

xJon

Smash Cadet
Dam, Nanaimo has weeklies? that's pretty rad. idk if you'd know or not, but do you know if they play pm? is there entrance fees?
I don't know any of that info man. I'll be around campus later studying so I will probably try to drop in and check it out!
Highly doubtful on fees part though; it's just a club.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Couldn't help but visit this thread after realizing Melee just became 13 years old yesterday. I was 13 years old when I picked up the game in 2001! I still remember picking up the last GameCube before Christmas at the EB at Oakridge along with a copy of Melee. Had to sell my N64 and Sega Genesis for it. Played it on and off casually and then in 2005 or so I met Tiep who introduced me to the tournament scene :) Didn't really think about it 'til just now but I picked up Smash 4 this year at the same EB Games!

Nay

Smash Rookie
Hello there,

I'm looking for a Vancouver smash community to play and have fun with, playing sm4sh right now but I'm down to play Project M or Melee.
Actually, I only stopped playing Melee because I had no one to play with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom