• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
I like the point system. If everyone agrees, I will update the first page and we can get some rankings and stuff going.

Ryan - OMG I am so honoured. We should Fox ditto like mad next time alright? When I said that you had potential, I really meant it Ryan, no kidding there! And Ryan, you are my favorite Fox, next to nobody. I mean I have seen videos of all the top players, but you Ryan have something different. Timing, shines (OMG THOSE SHINES, NOBODY CAN OUTDO YOU THERE), patience, it's all there man. Maybe because seeing stuff in action is the best.

EDIT: BTW, I think the point system and ranks should only come into play when there are like 16 or more people. Because you can't just quickly hold a small 10 person tournament where everyone will get major points. This is just common sense though.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Thanks you all for the shoutouts...
Yeah Troy, maybe not today, i got a crapload of homework to do, plus i gotta go work as well...

Also, good point system, i agreeee =)

New sig too.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
zOMG its gheyed! I'm assuming your that peach player Mark?

I also can not get whats happening on that chart.

Also since we are doing a points system. I don't think it should add the results of a doubles tourney like what some people I think Adam said it awhile back. Because of a few reasons...
1) It doesnt really show how good you are as a singles competetor and is not really accurate.
2) Most people do not have a decent partner. Like myself. It would be imba for people like Tiep/Ryan and Eric/Adam
3) Not every one joins teams.

Patooty

Smash Ace
ohhh ok, I see where loser's bracket went wrong yesterday. Next time I'll try to be involved in drawing brackets :p Oh well, here are final results according to the piece of paper:

1st: Ryan (20)
2nd: Eric (19)
3rd: Tiep (18)
5th: Nick (16)
5th: John (16)
7th: Darius (14)
7th: Adam (14)
10th: Troy (11)
10th: Evan (11)
10th: Jeremy (11)
12th: Toby (9)
12th: Keith (9)
16th: Maenard (5)
16th: Mark (5)
16th: Gerald (5)
16th: Herschel (5)

Nice siggy Nick!

icecolD

Smash Rookie
man i'm pissed i wanted to stay longer xD

troy: yeah i think you should tech me some stuff since you basicly use everyone my IC arent that good yet ;P

tiep: thats sucks i had to go against you.. i wanted someone else in richmond cause i know you'll kick my ***

ryan: CONGRATZ in your victory

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Heh. Everybody's posts go boom >_> Guys, write your long posts out in MS Word and then copy it over. That way it'll be recovered if there's a power outage or computer restart or something. It'll also save you from being timed out when you post (don't know if that happens in this forum).

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
THINGS LEFT AT MY HOUSE:::

1. Troy's umbrella
2. Adam's effed up controller that was switched when he played against Edmonton.
3. A black Jacket

ERIC YOU DIDN'T BRING MY GLASSES :(

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
=P i'm pretty sure someone has my new platinum gc controller.. it should have NO scratches, it is like 3 days old now lol. and it should smell good. If anyone knows anything, pls let me know?

GG ryan!

arrg i dint get to compeete. its aite, i was having a REAL shietty playday anyway. i think Nik's marth lowered my confidence. Nik, how about marth dittos next time i see you?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Oh come now Manuel, you must be able to defeat Nik's Marth before we have a Marth ditto :laugh:

EDIT: I'M THIS CLOSE TO 500 POSTS |-|

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Do you guys wanna know who started that whole "I will destroy you" thing??? I believe it was me. Then Eric saw it and saw that it was good. Then Eric made the heavens and the sky. Eric saw that it was good. Then, on the 6th day, Eric created... SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE! AND HE SAW THAT IT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! :psycho:

Radius-86

Smash Ace
lol @ Ryan's shout to Jeremy - "good job on lowering price of the tourney" hahaha!
Most memorable thing of the day was Ryan's sexy shine edgeguard on Adam and Eric at the same time wtf. I think Ryan hacks.

And Jeremy saying... you can dash dance for 5 hours and when you run up to Ryan he'll OCTA

I didn't get to play everyone, but I saw Tiep, Ryan, Eric, Adam, Troy, John and Nick play. You're all better than me now =(. That or you use a character that is currently a Darius counter. I need to work out some counterpicks, but I don't really know how well a few of them would work out. That Mario vs. Falco wasn't planned out, it was just a random character that was not Marth. lol. (Don't think Mario counters Falco too well anyways.) I played one round against Toby. Can't underestimate that Sheik anymore, it's getting very good.

Troy, great matches we had, I still haven't beat that Falcon in a ditto yet. I've played your Falcon in dittos three times I think. And the final match with Roy, if you didn't suicide twice you might have been able to beat me and move on to the next round!

Yes, we got lamed by Fox. Nice counterpick. Kept getting shined and kicked in the balls. I don't think we're able to beat a two Fox team yet. Peach and Fox was a bit more manageable. Jerms and I probably need a different partner to handle two Fox, because we both suck against Fox. Maybe if it was Adam's Ganon and one of our Marths... then Adam can punch a Fox off the level while the Marth steals his kills.

Jeremy also wanted to say that Marth is the most fair character in the game, literally.

Until next time!

Oh, I almost forgot. Congrats Ryan! And congrats Eric! 2nd place is so overlooked.
And Tiep needs a congrats regardless of his placing =D. Adam, John, and Nick, keep up the good work!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ya'll think I'm off the game cuz how I placed in this tourney but I'ma tell u somethin... next tourney is me 1st place. I am 100% guarenteeing it as of RIGHT NOW that the next BC tourney hosted I WILL be taking 1st place. Especially after Nick asking me some smartass question like "Have you ever taken 1st at a tourney? LAWL" well I think I did once, I don't really remember cuz I've been in like over a dozen tournaments but just to be sure, I AM going to take 1st at the next tournament I enter and nobody is going to stop me.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Is anyone (looking at Troy/John) willing to do edits to the BC vs WA crew battle? Looking for stock count, and something to indicate who's on which team. If we can get that done then let's post the vid in the vids section! :)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Tiep I can do that I guess. But I'll have to change the background setup a little bit because I don't have the picture file Troy used and it seems Troy is busy.

Hope you don't mind if I change it up a lil bit. I also have to change the music because the time inbetween matches isnt enough time to show both stocks and player indication.

Edit: Alright. I've finished editing now I'm rendering it. The only thing I have changed is the inbetween matchup setup. Like it looks different. I have put Team B.C./W.A. indication so you know who is on whos team and the character pictures are different. Music is the same and all that.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Adam, sorry man I asked such as *******ss question there, I didn't know it really offended you.. my apologies...

Also, Falco is now my main resort card. I'm not completely dropping him, but during that time, i'm trying to up my Marth a little... after that TERRIBLE loss to tiep... I just can't believe how GREAT Tiep's spacing came out to be when I played him. GG man.

Plus, DK is gonna be a fun guy too against Space Animals, you'll see I just need 1337 hours of practice against Eric's Falco and Ryan's Fox.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
heyy tiep wtf man!~! teach me how to DI out of marth's FTHROW and then i'll get back to you. sooo pissin man, i swear, i almost broke my cstick tryna DI outta that shiet. its AWAY, both joysticks, but that doesnt do it?@ WHEN do i press that. and also, i'm gonna start double fair-ing with the A button.. i keep getting too many jump-canceled grabs, or full jumps. really screws up my combos. tiep, when are you in burnaby?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I don't think the word "up" would have another meaning in smash bros... >.> Cause thats like asking is the number 1 the same as one... LoL.

I also don't see the Cstick being any use in DI'ing because it has nothing to do with your movement only attacks. Who ever you have been getting your information from you should stop getting it from there.

Troy - What program did you use to compress the file? When I rendered the file it became a 7gb video... and its on Full Render Uncompressed. When I change the settings it seems to have a bit of lag here and there.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Hitsugaya said:
Tiep I can do that I guess. But I'll have to change the background setup a little bit because I don't have the picture file Troy used and it seems Troy is busy.

Hope you don't mind if I change it up a lil bit. I also have to change the music because the time inbetween matches isnt enough time to show both stocks and player indication.

Edit: Alright. I've finished editing now I'm rendering it. The only thing I have changed is the inbetween matchup setup. Like it looks different. I have put Team B.C./W.A. indication so you know who is on whos team and the character pictures are different. Music is the same and all that.

Oh sweet John. Yeah I pretty much just slapped that video together. Darius suggested a way to do the stock, just put a number in next to the persons name because everyone should know what that means. I was going to do it eventually, but with we do have lives and such lol. You can layer text on the pictures I made John btw, I know you should be able to do it with Adobe Premier.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I don't know which way EK DI's because everyone DI's in different direction and not always the same direction. But I would try and DI behind Sheik because I rather get hit with the Bair then the Fair. But if I was close the the edge I would DI towards the level with a little random off the edge for a bit of mindgame.

Dice

Smash Lord
firexemblemxpryde said:
=O 7 gb?!!? wowzors?~ . John, one more thing. how would you DI out of sheik''s downthrow (as marth). In EK vs CJ, i saw EK do it almost every time.
They are using the PAL version where sheik's downthrow isn't as imba as it is in the version we use. In PAL sheik's downthrow is designed to make it a lot harder to follow up with other attacks.

*Goes back to my EC threads where I belong*

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Oh okay well yea PAL version is a lot different. I think you can tech her downthrow? Like in the middle of her throw.

zOMG... *cries* Okay I just spent 1hr rendering the Crew battles and I just noticed I spelled erics name Blunted_Obeject10

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I also don't see the Cstick being any use in DI'ing because it has nothing to do with your movement only attacks. Who ever you have been getting your information from you should stop getting it from there.

John, stop smoking crack please...

Top Bottom