• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm going to stronghold tomorrow as well with a friend.

BTW I got delayed and some things came up, sorry yakal lol. I'll be there at like 320.

Leaving now.

Goooo

IsmokeIdrank

Smash Rookie
Me and a friend are from BC, Vancouver/Richmond area and just wondering how the scene is down here, figured this was the place to find out lol

michael_li

Smash Ace
hi, its still very active! we have a set venue we use thats really big located in burnaby called magic stronghold, look it up if you want.
yesterdays/todays smashfest had about 7-10 people that showed up to play with lots of doubles/singles melee and project M

bieeeetchhhhhhhhhhhh

IsmokeIdrank

Smash Rookie
damn those were some fast replies lol How is the brawl scene though? Haven't touched melee since brawl came out and didn't play that as much back then lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Me and a friend are from BC, Vancouver/Richmond area and just wondering how the scene is down here, figured this was the place to find out lol
The smash scene is still very active and very strong here in BC. I live in Richmond as well if you'd like to meet up and play sometime. :)

-If you're just BigD in disguise (which you probably are) then shame on you. Seriously, I just stop the nonsense.

damn we are less priority on dazrins friends list

GG

smokeIdrank
ib4fakeaccount
They unexpectedly showed up at my house :/
Really sorry about ditching the fest yesterday, but I didn't want to just tell them to go away because I had plans, especially when I hadn't seen those guys for a year and a bit. It's not really like I had much of a choice. Besides, afaik, people were kind of unsure of whether they would show up or not. Sorry about that though.

Metà

Smash Master
damn those were some fast replies lol How is the brawl scene though? Haven't touched melee since brawl came out and didn't play that as much back then lol
if you play brawl, I'd suggest checking out the brawl monthlies thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290293

this thread is mainly for the melee community now. there is still an active brawl scene, but there is little overlap between the two communities now

IsmokeIdrank

Smash Rookie
The smash scene is still very active and very strong here in BC. I live in Richmond as well if you'd like to meet up and play sometime. :)

-If you're just BigD in disguise (which you probably are) then shame on you. Seriously, I just stop the nonsense.

They unexpectedly showed up at my house :/
Really sorry about ditching the fest yesterday, but I didn't want to just tell them to go away because I had plans, especially when I hadn't seen those guys for a year and a bit. It's not really like I had much of a choice. Besides, afaik, people were kind of unsure of whether they would show up or not. Sorry about that though.
I'm not sure who this BigD is.. I think I saw the name in the power rankings though.. I can assure you I/we are not him or her lol We're definitely more brawl players, especially because my friend plays mostly Snake and Olimar. I may suggest we pull out the melee and give it a try though.

What about Project:M? I've heard.. basically nothing about it lol but is that essentially a 3rd scene? Or is it still making a name for itself?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
As Meta said (thanks BTW), BC does have a Brawl scene as well, though we use the monthly thread he linked to as our main hub instead of this thread. We have a monthly on Sunday the 23rd at Magic Stronghold in Burnaby, a week from today, and you're more than welcome to come. We haven't had a whole lot in the way of Smashfests lately, but hopefully that will change once we get another good tournament under our belts. =]

Don't worry about all the Big D references. =p

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ya sorry about that, I forget that people get suspicions over newcomers these days. I don't realize that it is legitimately an issue.

I really hope I didn't deter from joining our community, most people aren't huge ****s like me.

If you ever want to talk you can contact me through skype or MSN.

MSN: mariomaster2005@hotmail.com

IsmokeIdrank

Smash Rookie
Ya sorry about that, I forget that people get suspicions over newcomers these days. I don't realize that it is legitimately an issue.

I really hope I didn't deter from joining our community, most people aren't huge ****s like me.

If you ever want to talk you can contact me through skype or MSN.

MSN: mariomaster2005@hotmail.com
lol no worries, I'm just messing around, I realized it was all fun and games :p

Top Bottom