• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Actually, he had a bye, so that was round 2. He's in R3 winners', meaning he's guaranteed 25th, I think.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
KirbyKaze made me **** in my eyeballs.
Sion is sextacular.
Unknown and KK and EC Canada and Tech0 and Hbox and Lucky and Prog are favoritist peeps evar!

We can't see WFs and GFs though, we had to leave etc.
CHEER FOR KK NOW
CHEER FOR HIM WITH ALL YOU HAVE CANADA
HE'S PLAYING M2K
DDOOOO IIIIT
Bamesy

Edit: **** the backround on Haleys account is cute

Also, Manuel prog has 5$ of yours or something.
And meta, he says you're gay.
I think that's all the messages I got for you...
Sion says YUIIIIIII

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
SION

you did well. To bad you had to play a peach and jiggz in bracket! I hope you got in a lot of good matches with your good match-ups.

booshk

Smash Lord
Lmao strics sick. Manwhale i misses yous. Can anybody tell me wat sion placed?!

And the hell james ***** mike LOL

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
boooooooooooshk
Also, Domo-kun
Sion said "Jamesy, are we ok for food tomorrow?"
I said "Face!"
And nair'd his subway fountain drink out of his hands.

*insert 'word' here*

Holy **** right when I typed the word word, Sion said the word WORD.
So tight.
I was playing gross against stric9ypoo in pool 2 and still almost beat him and all he could do was laser camp me cause he was playing bad too and just got gayed by me anytime he came close to me. lol
He's legit though. Basically a run-of-the-mill Falco as Sion put it.
All he does is dair double shines. lol
We probably would've had ggs if either of us was actually playing good. Too bad, but fun. lol
<3 him.

KK had the sexiest Sheik ever against PP.
You know you're playing well when your EDGEGUARDS end in tipper usmashes off the top! LOL

Detaiils!!!

edit: lol Laser camping > me, for at LEAST the first little while. Seriously, almost everyone I played in pools AND friendlies eventually resorted to playing Falco and laser camping me if I went Mario or Luigi. It's the only way they could keep up. SOOOO annoying. It shouldn't be that difficult but I donno wtf to do to power through scrubs that don't try to fight. They all just run from me and stall the game... so scurred to fight me. With reason I guess, but seriously, Mario Bros = tough to be patient enough with their slowness when it comes to beating swarms of mediocre fast things that run away for whole matches. Satisfying when it's over, but so boring sometimes. Fun and funny though. I **** floaties but spacies are tough unless I'm pika or falcon. I gotta learn to edgeguard better with the bros before I plan on using them in large scale tournaments again. It just takes way too long to finish, I don't have infinite patience to play bleh players lol <3 this game so much. So <3

PS: Sorry for not ****** singles Eric, I sandbagged my *** off in Pool1, at the beginning anyway... and was stupid going into pool2 so... I didn't make it to bracket. lol

Pool1 I won the 1st match in the first 2 sets, then lost 2 in a row to them both by screwing around to lose the sets. Both by getting laser camped and being impatient.
Then I remembered you SAID I would do that... so I 2-0'd the next people easily by being patient and gay with the Mario bros the way I need to be. Resorted to Falcon to fight a match on Dreamland though...
8+ matches of chasing down campers with slow characters gets really annoying... lol

Pool2 kind of sucked though. I had an easy pool too, should've been an easy 2nd seed at least. LOL
I came in from outside and went straight to playing stric9ypoo. SideB misfired to SD off the side in the first 2 seconds of the match... Pretty good eh? My fingers were frozen lol. This was just a bad idea on my part, no johns though, I should have been smart and warmed up. Neither of us played well, it was lame. I probably would've won if I was playing well (for sure would have lol) but I don't mind that loss, he's a legit player and would've made it tough.

Then I SD'd against a bad Sheik at 0% on my last stock with an airdodge AS THEY WERE FALLING TO THEIR DEATH AFTER MY EDGEGUARD
...and then did the same OFF THE EDGE AS THEY BARELY MADE IT TO THE LEDGE AS I EDGEGUARDED THEIR LAST STOCK.
So bad lol

Kage I was finally warming up and our matches were kinda close, friendlies with him even closer after but he's the only one that legitly won. I'm happy with his warriorness.

Pretty good eh?
3 stocked the Sheik from pools with my Pikachu in a friendly after... against his Sheik...
That's how bad it was in pool2 for me...finger freeze and brain freeze combo.
Pretty good eh? :p

I think I was ready to play after I took some matches off Lucky a few minutes later though. So singles wasn't all bad, just in 1 of the pools. ;D

I played really good in doubles day 1. Hardcore arpe while teamed with Ganons and others against Scarisbadagainstpika + some other guy and DrPP + MacD for a long time with a variety of all my characters. Some might have been recorded but I'm not sure... it was on the main-stage-setup soooo hopefully yaaay.

Then I played really good in singles day 2. Specifically lots of matches with lucky. Basically I learned how to deal with crazy Fox nair and grab game lol. Took a few matches off after we played a bit too which kind of surprised me so yaaay. He's soooo gooood lol. Sadly pools was day one and bracket day 2 so it was a weird mix of my good and bad days. I wasn't feeling singles day 1 after me and Sion played our doubles pool, it's a john, but I could tell right away that it was gonna turn out this way. LOL

Sion and I lost to alukard and vanz and double Peach (husband and wife I thiiink but not sure) in doubles pools. Then we lost to Scar and HMW and Unknown and Rockrok in bracket. I think our set against Scar and HMW was recorded in doubles. Was a fun set but I should've gone Pika because of how much I ***** against them the day before... but I went all Luigi... might have been a bad choice by me there cause I'm confident my Pika would've won it convincingly. Really good set though.

Unknown and rockrok ***** us though lol. We both played like **** and weren't ready for it. LOL Should've had at least ggs with them, but it was garbage, kinda lame but it's aight. Basically Sion got ***** by shines and downBs and I WC'd Ganon reverse Fairs after failed edgeguarding... was fun though. And happy to lose to them, they're awesome <3! lol

Sion had some sick matches with Mike$. His Falcon gave Sion lots of trouble. They both made a lot of mistakes and it should've ended like 10 times and Sion said he got lucky. But he would've won if they were both playing well so it's good it worked out, just scary seeing him faulter like that and barely survive. :O YAY though!

I didn't see much else of him but his set vs Stic9 was entertaining and he kind of got ***** by Darc. Not much else to his other wins, he just ***** them LOL
He had lots of good friendlies with drPP that I watched part of. Very fun to watch, freakin close too! o.O

In conclusion...

1. I need to condition myself to play smash more frequently. A blister formed on my finger at Hustle 3, it hurt.
After the first day of friendlies here with Sion, Tec0 and Grill... it started to bleed... SOOOO gross and painful and played with it through the whole tourney. So uncomfortable. It didn't affect my playing, but who BLEEDS when they play smash? LOL
I'm not finger-fit enough to play more than 2 hours of smash in 1 day. Everybody is ridiculous at the ability to continually and consistently play for long periods of time. I gotta play more often for longer if I want to make it far in a tourney of this scale or I'll bleed to death or some crap. LOL

2. This community is so fun. I got to hang out with so many more cool people. Vicious, Lucky, Scar, Prog, Hbox, long conversations about anything and everything and they're such great people. Love getting to know people on a personal basis. Sooooo biggggg <333333333
Too many people too name, too many great people to talk to and chill with. Great players too. They all collectively make this game as good as it is. EVERYONE is AMAZING. <33333333

3. Literally every win I get is purely off getting more chances, not CAPITALIZING on my chances. I know I don't have great punish game and suck at edgeguarding, so when I figure that out, which should be easy if I play enough since I can do it when I focus anyway, I'll be ready to challenge for a top spot at something of this callibur.
I've always kind of known this, but I had some of the best players in the WORLD actually TELLING me that! <333333333
They basically said I win purely by outsmarting my opponents by positioning, tricking, getting more hits in. That type of thing. The advice I got was 'pick up a better character' and 'edgeguard like THAT more often/stop sandbagging' when I would actually bother edgeguarding/they'd notice me sandbagging. LOL
Apparently I **** too hard for somebody who screws around too much.
Kind of obvious really. Good motivation though I guess.
Should be a fun year for me coming up. Maybe I'll play smash more.
Lots of **** for Bamesy to do. ;P
I'm stoked to pick up Jiggs in December too. :p

4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
Sion is gonna be even more **** when he returns.
Manuel, watch yourself foo! He's coming for #1!!!

SION *****

booshk

Smash Lord
howd you guys place man!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

shiet.
did u play m2k
/jealous

GOD KK GOT 3rd?!! FRIGGIN RAPEEEE!!!
fuhhhh

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
K updated the details on that last page.
Sion and Tec0 just fell asleep. I'm probably going to bed soon too. It's 5am here LOL

KK got 3rd with ****ING STYLE
**** it was so boss.
Seriously...
so good
<3 you David!

I don't think either of us played M2K
We played other juicy ones though. Teamed and on our own. I got LOTS of friendly doubles in with a huge selection of great players and some good 1v1 time with Lucky. Sion played PP and Darc quite a bit and some Marths and Shieks around the place but I don't really know who... we were off doing our own thing and I can't ask him cause he's sleeping now. lol

Was good **** though that's for sure.

RoM knows who the **** BC is.
We did our job. Sion mostly with his Falco ****. ^^
KK on the map for good now.
"Who is kirbykaze and why is he 3rd at a tourney above mango, jman, lucky, hbox, etc?"
Cause he *****.
So cute though...love that guy.
So sexy. I want to take him and unknown home. <3

Reedit
THE LAST PAGE HAS A HUGE POST WITH A BUNCH OF **** IN IT
GO READ IT
Updated it at 3am BC time, 6am our time.
I need sleep now...
LOL

Gnight! :D

Bamesy and Sion <3

Sion

Island of Horizon
i know you guys had great expectations of me, but i just came here to do what i do best.

i don't think i placed too badly, but i know that i was a bit lucky with my bracket. i know my friend tec0 got chops really early into loser's bracket =\

anyways, i got 1st seed so i got a first round bye. i beat hazz, lost to macd, beat $mike, beat stricnyn3, and lost to darc. i was seriously considering using fox in the peach/puff matchup, but that's not what chops/pp would do.

i played with drpp and chops. i know there's a huge difference between playstyles, but when i was actually playing them, i could tell what they were doing. drpp was adapting to me in a quicker rate than i could imagine and chops straight up had a better rushdown than i did. i also played a bunch of matches with many talented people and it was a fun experience. oh yeah, james and i got mad trash talked when we were fighting scar and hmw. we could've had that if i wasn't so bad >:| james carried me so hard LOL

can't wait to see you guys. i'm mad homesick.
shoutouts to tec0, crismas, grill. you guys rock.

Sion

Island of Horizon
uhh probably not. yeah, i regret to say that i had to leave early cause my ride had to go early. definitely next time, though.

i don't think i'll be going to another national in a while. i have school to work on, so i might be going into a mini hibernation.

might go to genesi2, though.

edit thanks, prog. i wish i could've played a lot more people haha
and james says you're a sexy man. aw ye

and thanks, roby. i learned a bit about a couple of matchups that can't be solved with dair alone. even so, my dair will be stronger than ever. i think i did well in most of my space animal matchups. i know chops destroyed me. i took a round off jman in pools. i usually did okay against most of the space animals i ran into. sleepyk, stricnyn3, mattdotzeb and this person named dan had really beast falcos. i don't know if i forgot anyone, though.

edit2: it's okay, violence. i was honestly a bit skeptical about how far i'd actually get into the tournament. i was honestly expecting myself to get knocked out of r2 pools.

SKidd

Smash Master
SION <3

I was rooting for you all the way <3

<3333333333333333333333333333333
Bamesy, I don't know you. Was it ****?

Top Bottom