• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

booshk

Smash Lord
LOL WTH? who showed u them LOL

and manuel i will tell marvo to put up some vids of ur ****. yiz. do u want the shine grab match up?
i thot u and keith were going crazy over a shine jc grab through buns shield, not like grabbing him after shining him but it was sick when i watched it LOL
and yeah when u back man

edit: OOOooOO LOL MANUEL.. posting up vids everywher :( sigh LOl..
own ec for me please. : )

edit2:
and manuel im gunna tell marvic to post up vids of where we **** u so u look bad...
o wait no such videos exist
: (

unityole

Smash Lord
OK I'm confused...

Apparently there are smash happening at

1) Michael's place?
2) Kenny's place?
3) Evan (Meta)'s place, but not really a smashfest?
4) ???
5) Profit?
1) maybe
2) maybe
3) hes gay
4) ???
5) ???

booshk: tournament next saturday melee feb 27th and SFU burnaby, maybe get a ride from someone that is coming? ie eric, eric, eric, eric or tiep.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
deap told me he is going down town with vince and i am not going to your place today afterall not because of deap not going but staring at the pc screen all day is making my eyes wanna close

Ensign

Smash Rookie
Hello =s I'm just a starter lol. I pretty much am-no-match to anyone at the very moment so just slowly working my way up.
Roy main
Marth second
irl name-> Ensign Lin
gametag-> Nsen
nice to meet you guys bc surrey player.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hello =s I'm just a starter lol. I pretty much am-no-match to anyone at the very moment so just slowly working my way up.
Roy main
Marth second
irl name-> Ensign Lin
gametag-> Nsen
nice to meet you guys bc surrey player.
Hey Ensign! I'm Dynibmamaisnmns or James
If you go to some tournament I'll probs see you there but I'm like 6 hours away otherwise.

There's a LOT of good people and good players in Surrey! Hope you start smashing with community and it goes well for you. Welcome to Smash World Forums!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!!! :psycho:

Too much smash, too little time.
Quoted For The Truth

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol I love the habbits peeps have!

Tiep vs Sion = dsmash whenever close, float over lasers, then randomly starts doing other things and *****, then back to the same again. dair fest pretty much whenver possible, uneeded nonfinishing combos and when he does other things, *****, then then back to the same spam again.

Will vs Tiep = running in and out semicamping both ways then someone gets the one hit they want and ****. Mixed with little breaks between of Will running away when he misses a hit and Tiep chasing him across the stage and usmashing him when he stops. EVERY time, then same again.

Seriously, if you guys take a look at your vids and watch the parts where you do GOOD things and where you do BAD things (eg. get hit or hit them) and start doing ONLY the good things, HOLY **** you'll be SOOOOO GOOOOD.
But everyone keeps going back to hiding in their shell with the style they grew up with/last years soup.

I love this game, and you guys. :)

Oh, and Manuel's vids are funny. Poor poor ottawa. :D

Get@Will

Smash Champion
If I were a perfect player (ie. grab to get off, hit to get off, perfect reads, perfect recovery, perfect di), then yeah, the match would for sure be more entertaining.

Unfortunately James, I can only give you what you see for now. =/ I wish I could stop doing bad things and start only doing good things. That'd be nice.

Lol yeah, Manuel was pretty mean to Ottawa.

I'll add you as soon as I get home 2G00d.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's not really what I meant, but yes that would be sweet XD

I meant the things that just repeat in the match that shouldn't. Simple things.

Example: one sec I'll find one for you ;)
EDIT! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/OMGitsWlLL
0:26 seconds in, 2:28 in, 3:36 in

This same thing happened about 3 other times this match alone that Tiep didn't follow up on this way. He read the habbit and did the right thing. After he chased you across the screne to usmash you once, why would he not do it again?
It's just a little thing, but it comes up every match you 2 played in this set.

Also, he DJs into laser WAY too much going completely unpunished because you use the aerial>he doesn't jump into it>you run.
edit again: Just came to mind now, when he jumps at your missed attack then DJs back like that to laser you, it's probably a habbit he got playing you because of your habbit to not punish it and run away (provoking the laser), next time he jumps at you to nair you etc when you bait an approach, be ready to punish a DJ, he did it LOTS.

When you're going in and out attempting to hit each other, and one person is following the others missed attacks like that, (you miss a stomp and run>he nairs where you were example) next time just FJ in place and stomp there. You obviously love your stomp, that would've hit many times when you missed one of your semiapproaching nairs etc instead of just dashing the other way to not counter his counter.
Think of it like 2 people SH bairing eachothers shield OOS and noone is just WDing out then turning around into grab/aerial/whatever instead. Over and over, simple little things that make all the difference.

AKA, you won't see Tony approach the same twice unless the second time you react the same way to it the first time, in which he'll punish you for it this time.

Get it? :\

That's all. :)

editAGAIN:
It's not only you btw, everyone does it. It's something that I've seen in everyone's game, Vancouver and beyond included lol. (almost everyone's, lots don't though, they get too good) :\

Sion

Island of Horizon
lol I love the habbits peeps have!

Tiep vs Sion = dsmash whenever close, float over lasers, then randomly starts doing other things and *****, then back to the same again. dair fest pretty much whenver possible, uneeded nonfinishing combos and when he does other things, *****, then then back to the same spam again.

Will vs Tiep = running in and out semicamping both ways then someone gets the one hit they want and ****. Mixed with little breaks between of Will running away when he misses a hit and Tiep chasing him across the stage and usmashing him when he stops. EVERY time, then same again.

Seriously, if you guys take a look at your vids and watch the parts where you do GOOD things and where you do BAD things (eg. get hit or hit them) and start doing ONLY the good things, HOLY **** you'll be SOOOOO GOOOOD.
But everyone keeps going back to hiding in their shell with the style they grew up with/last years soup.

I love this game, and you guys. :)

Oh, and Manuel's vids are funny. Poor poor ottawa. :D
beat it
i'll do things my way. MY WAY
if i can't win, i'll just outspeed my opponent

jk, thanks for the advice, dynamism. though what you say is valid, words don't do me justice because i think differently

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LOL I KNOW SION YOU TOLD ME BEFORE IM NOT TALKING TO YOU ANYWAY HMPF

MM next time we meet? I love your speed. It's like a jumpstart back to quality smash after my long breaks. And you ****. <3

I eddited it with example btw. :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
jk, thanks for the advice, dynamism. though what you say is valid, words don't do me justice because i think differently
Totally. They're very much just words and shouldn't even be taken mildly seriously. They are for reading, that's all. "Theory crafting ftbleh" is usually how I like to think of discussions about things like this. Hence I didn't want to go into detail, but figured I should so you guys don't :mad: on me and Will scurred me with what was potentially sarcasm and I didn't mean to be critiqueishy. <3 :[

Also, I hope with the edit that I explained clearly what I meant. I was just told that I don't explain things well, but that was before the edits. Hope you get what I mean and don't :mad: at me cause I didn't mean to be like...I don't know what you call that...critiqueshy? I'll stick with that. LMAO

Just a little is all it takes. Then you can ****. ALL DAI. ALL THE DAIS OF THE YEAR!
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sion

Island of Horizon
LOL I KNOW SION YOU TOLD ME BEFORE IM NOT TALKING TO YOU ANYWAY HMPF

MM next time we meet? I love your speed. It's like a jumpstart back to quality smash after my long breaks. And you ****. <3

I eddited it with example btw. :)
if you want to sure
everyone gives me great advice. i'm just not a smart player.

WILL UNDERSTANDS!
WE'RE DOOMED

Ensign

Smash Rookie
Hey Ensign! I'm Dynibmamaisnmns or James
If you go to some tournament I'll probs see you there but I'm like 6 hours away otherwise.

There's a LOT of good people and good players in Surrey! Hope you start smashing with community and it goes well for you. Welcome to Smash World Forums!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!!! :psycho:
I don't know how much time I can fork up for practicing Generally in smash so my learning process will probably be very slow thus be no match for any of you 1-combo-death players in high technical play style. I'll try and catch up xD Right now pretty much all of you are my sensei's I'm in on all opinion and advice. I can host Smash Fests at my place like Sion and the others did however the television used to record the matches eh... It's pretty screwed up. Not as bad as you can't play it on the screen but it's as bad as hurting your eyes by the slightest when you play for a long duration.

If it's once a week, I can most likely provide free fooding @ my place.

Top Bottom