• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hey, has anyone here put any time into trying out Zamus? I just started feeling her out (so to speak! OMG LAAWL) and man, she's hella weird :) I didn't give her enough credit! Her up B is hilarious- Using it in a combo makes me feel like scorpion from mortal kombat.... only more vertical. Also her up smash is the flashiest, most comboiest 6% I've ever dealt
Yeah like spiking someone ABOVE YOU with up+b.
honestly
what the hell was that

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Yeah like spiking someone ABOVE YOU with up+b.
honestly
what the hell was that
You know it's designed to do that :) The sweet spot spikes for a "get over here!" effect, and it doesn't steal your jump so it's just begging to be used off the stage :D

Another fun thing to do is to edge hog from behind your opponent by whipping past them with your long-*** side B tether recovery range. And again you keep your jump so that if by chance he beats you there you can still use jump, down-B, and/or another tether to recover afterwards

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I used to think something like that would be good, but in the end, there is no fully neutral stage, so if every match starts with the same stage, that means there are always going to be people who will always start at a disadvantage and others who will always have an advantage going into their first match, so it's actually more even to have the random chance of giving a player a more significant edge than to start every set by decidedly giving the same characters an advantage every time. Randomness sucks, but it's the only way that's fair for all characters. Besides, if you really wanted to eliminate randomness entirely, you'd never play Barlw!

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has anyone here put any time into trying out Zamus? I just started feeling her out (so to speak! OMG LAAWL) and man, she's hella weird :) I didn't give her enough credit! Her up B is hilarious- Using it in a combo makes me feel like scorpion from mortal kombat.... only more vertical. Also her up smash is the flashiest, most comboiest 6% I've ever dealt
I'm actually trying to learn her, she's a really fun character to play once you get her down (>.> innuedo much). I dislike her lack of SH aerials but she can somewhat combo. She's currently my 2ndary.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
check out rohin's samus on youtube? i believe hes very good with it.
btw, u coming to the tournament this saturday? and next saturday?
Sorry, I was so distracted by whips and bewbs that I totally forgot to reply :) I don't think I can make it this saturday, but mmmaybe the next one.... Was this stuff posted somewhere before because I was totally oblivious :chuckle:

I'm opposed to the idea of having a predictable first round. The more we limit the uncertainty the more boring and static the game's going to become. For example less Delfino plaza means less Dededes and Olimars and more of the Sname. I mean same.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
I'm actually trying to learn her, she's a really fun character to play once you get her down (>.> innuedo much). I dislike her lack of SH aerials but she can somewhat combo. She's currently my 2ndary.
Haha, her SH game is kind of lacking for sure, but it must seem a lot worse after you play Wario for several months ;) Her B-Air is wicked though, and I like using a short hopped B to advance... never mind that it usually doesn't work quite right :D

unityole

Smash Lord
SMASH.TOURNAMENT.on.JUNE.7th

MELEE.Singles
MELEE.Doubles
BRAWL.Singles

POSSIBLY MELAY.LOW Tiers

i hope tiep and ryab can make it this time :( and manli + keith too
and a whole lot of other people from victoria!

AIDS

Smash Lord
SMASH.TOURNAMENT.on.JUNE.7th

MELEE.Singles
MELEE.Doubles
BRAWL.Singles

POSSIBLY MELAY.LOW Tiers

i hope tiep and ryab can make it this time :( and manli + keith too
and a whole lot of other people from victoria!
hey Jack, to make it more simple, for your tournament thread, erase the people expected for the brawl tourny, as it has taken place, it will make things more simple.

and on you list, Sho is not a victorian anymore, he lives in Calgary now, and he can not come, i know this for a fact, he never planned on coming.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
hey Jack, to make it more simple, for your tournament thread, erase the people expected for the brawl tourny, as it has taken place, it will make things more simple.

and on you list, Sho is not a victorian anymore, he lives in Calgary now, and he can not come, i know this for a fact, he never planned on coming.
The reasoning as to why his name is on that list is because there was the possibility that he'd be back in Victoria for a little bit, he said so himself. Unfortunately, that looks less and less likely that it'll actually happen in time for the tournament, so it's most likely a no-show for him.

unityole

Smash Lord

the tournament thread stay as it is, will be changed when theres a need for it
it is as simple as it gets, i think, its very clear about pretty much everything.

AIDS

Smash Lord
the tournament thread stay as it is, will be changed when theres a need for it
it is as simple as it gets, i think, its very clear about pretty much everything.
atleast have differant sections, it is all grouped up and confusing man, just like list them to the tournaments they go to if you can, that would be helpfull

unityole

Smash Lord
atleast have differant sections, it is all grouped up and confusing man, just like list them to the tournaments they go to if you can, that would be helpfull
well i use to do that or thought of doing that, but then its also in my best regard that it would be top # of ppl for every event.

by seperating it will really show the amount of ppl per event, some people can't decide now on w/e they want to be in, it isnt as accurate as it appear thats for sure. so for now i'll leave it as it is. it's a good way of getting more people as well as giving others open decision of what they want to enter.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Do you always have the tourney in that little room? That's like really small. You must have a different room usually. With another 10 people there would be NO room. Like if Eric or whoever he was driving brought their second TV and I brought mine, there wouldn't be anywhere to put them!!! lol

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Do you always have the tourney in that little room? That's like really small. You must have a different room usually. With another 10 people there would be NO room. Like if Eric or whoever he was driving brought their second TV and I brought mine, there wouldn't be anywhere to put them!!! lol
The smaller ones are in there, the bigger ones are usually in a room downstairs and sometimes spill out into the hallway outside.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
haha alright. That was a good size for the number of TVs and players that showed up. I'm just concerned for future things when there are more TVs and Tiep and Ryab DO show up.

Thanks again for the whole thing Jack. I'll keep you posted if I'm ever free in Van again. lol

Choronis

Smash Lord
Sure as hell didn't help that SFU was having an open house the whole day that day. I'm guessing there'd be far less people for the June 7th day.

Then again, I can't complain, I got free parking in the SFU lot because of the open house! :)

AIDS

Smash Lord
well i use to do that or thought of doing that, but then its also in my best regard that it would be top # of ppl for every event.

by seperating it will really show the amount of ppl per event, some people can't decide now on w/e they want to be in, it isnt as accurate as it appear thats for sure. so for now i'll leave it as it is. it's a good way of getting more people as well as giving others open decision of what they want to enter.
not by event, but atleast date, this way it is easyer to see who is coming for melee, cause brawl people are new, and it gets messy trying to locate them. maybe not by who is doing singles and doubles, thats a bit much, but maybe atleast for melee, brawl, and 64.

make sence?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Sure as hell didn't help that SFU was having an open house the whole day that day. I'm guessing there'd be far less people for the June 7th day.
I kind of felt sorry for anyone bringing a TV through that crowd, must have been mad embarassing =P but whatever.

Metà

Smash Master
I q, typing this ,essqge fro, qn internet cqfe in Frqnce.

**** FRENCH KEYBOARDS AAAAAaaaaRRRggghh

Anyways, I am staying in Metz for a few more days, then Im going to Italy for a couple weeks. I might get to play against some Italian smashers, but only if I have time (Ill be pretty busy).

Patooty

Smash Ace
wtf, a random got 2nd in Brawl singles. You let me down Eric.

I kid, :laugh:
Sounds pretty sweet actually.. wish I coulda been there.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
not by event, but atleast date, this way it is easyer to see who is coming for melee, cause brawl people are new, and it gets messy trying to locate them. maybe not by who is doing singles and doubles, thats a bit much, but maybe atleast for melee, brawl, and 64.

make sence?
What does being new have to do with anything? Hell, if they keep showing up for tournaments and you don't, they'll be more of a part of the community than you ;) I think they should be separated by day to make it easier (for example, I'm not coming next week) but no reason to separate by event as some people don't really decide until they get there.

Who were the guys that I met at sfu last Saturday who lived in N.Van?
Noypi and his crew.

I wouldn't say epic, but it was pretty good considering it was BARLW >_>

lol can't wait for melee day <3
You know it was epic. You just gotta let go of that bias man :D

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
uggghhhh did so bad at the tourny! XD **** bananas and 12 year olds : / ruined my chance at pr XD

Top Bottom