• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
you're ugly
Quoted for truth.
Lol, are you the Fox I rested for almost every kill?
Wait.. didn't he beat you? Oh yeah. I remember now.

=) lol i'm in a money match WITH john? Yayyyuhz. ;) john we'll get together and practice man.

I also have a match against you... lol maybe bad ideas.

oh by the way, just to make this official: my crew from school [W.TOIL] is to play Evan's coquitlam crew.

it's 4 vs 4, meaning 16 stock. I'd like someone to monitor this.. make sure we're doing things properly. Also i want John to be there while i take out 16 stock [joking!!!] .

Coquitlam Crew:
-Evan
-Nathan
-Matt
-Caleb

W.Toil:
-Manuel [firexemblemxpryde]
-Robbie [genesis ftw]
-James [halo 2 guy, tall white fellow. very sexy.]
-Micah [Asian fellow from my school. Beat eric in SC2 lol].

=D anyone care to place any bets?

edit:// I realize my sig sucks. it's my first poor attempt at doing something like it. Refrain from giving me neg reps just for that. Not appreciating it very much.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
10 bucks on W.Toil

no offence coquitlam crew... but if this James is as sexy as firexemblem calls him... you guys stand no chance

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
So when ledgeteching, is it better to smash DI towards the ledge or just hold the direction towards the ledge?

The problem with learning ledgeteching is its difficulty to practice. Computers don't edgeguard much or consistently, and I don't smash with friends as often as I'd like. Not to mention the fact that practicing this would be very boring for the other friend, if I were to try to get it down all at once.

But I am still getting better technically. I'm pretty much at a point now where my G&W and Kirby are not restricted by my ability to perform the necessary inputs correctly, which makes for much better overall movement.

Last exam on Wednesday. Yay. [/nonspampost]

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
So when ledgeteching, is it better to smash DI towards the ledge or just hold the direction towards the ledge?

The problem with learning ledgeteching is its difficulty to practice. Computers don't edgeguard much or consistently, and I don't smash with friends as often as I'd like. Not to mention the fact that practicing this would be very boring for the other friend, if I were to try to get it down all at once.

But I am still getting better technically. I'm pretty much at a point now where my G&W and Kirby are not restricted by my ability to perform the necessary inputs correctly, which makes for much better overall movement.

Last exam on Wednesday. Yay. [/nonspampost]
haha smash DI towards the stage... Just go towards the edge and try to touch it, you should be fine then if you are holding R/L/Z. Yeah I don't get much practice against people either, but I know the mechanics of teching well enough to know that touching the stage is good enough.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff.

And yeah, I suppose it was a dumb question. Smash DI is during attack stun times, which would be much too late for a ledgetech.

Thx all for input, maybe I'll sucker my sister into helping me with that sometime before SFU.

Metà

Smash Master
DI is directional influence.

A good way to practice ledgeteching on your own is to go into training and put motion sensor bombs near the ledges. Works for me. : )

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
I'll actually put my money on W.Toil as well...they sound so amazingly sexy.

And evan im actually gonna give you props for that motion sensor bomb thing for teching. I never thought of it and itll actually work quite well. Thanks

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
hizzah!

Coquitlam Crew:
-Evan
-Nathan
-Matt
-Caleb

W.Toil:
-Manuel [firexemblemxpryde]
-Robbie [genesis ftw]
-James [halo 2 guy, tall white fellow. very sexy.]
-Micah [Asian fellow from my school. Beat eric in SC2 lol].

=D anyone care to place any bets?
10 bucks on W.Toil

no offence coquitlam crew... but if this James is as sexy as firexemblem calls him... you guys stand no chance
He really is that sexy. And i'm sexy to boot, just ask booshk.

I've never played Matt or Caleb though, so I won't be cocky. Or WILL I? lol nah. but i've played the best DK in BC and i did decently against it. so yeah. =) <3 eric

Metà

Smash Master
Matt's DK =/= to Eric's DK. They are essentially different characters. I'm not saying Matt is better than Eric (hell no), it's just that Matt is way more annoying to fight.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I will be the judge of that. I'm going to bed now, so don't post anymore, i almost feel guilty for posting so much.

pm me with whether this is a moneymatch, or just an HONOUR match for who gets the HONOUR and FAME of winning. Eric's DK is annoying to fight, believe you me. but i handled him okay, so no worriez =)

I LOVE YOU ERIC DON'T LEAVE ME. night night

Patooty

Smash Ace
lol ryan, just re-post your challenge on every new page so he can't just use his strategy of "wait for next page and pretend i didn't see the post".

AIDS

Smash Lord
pretty funny Gimpyfish ill +rep you the day u do it to me...i need rep' people should love me more:(

and i would like to try out wire frames, they sound sexy and hard core

booshk

Smash Lord
I will be the judge of that. I'm going to bed now, so don't post anymore, i almost feel guilty for posting so much.

pm me with whether this is a moneymatch, or just an HONOUR match for who gets the HONOUR and FAME of winning. Eric's DK is annoying to fight, believe you me. but i handled him okay, so no worriez =)

I LOVE YOU ERIC DON'T LEAVE ME. night night

I love Eric more.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
yo noob king! Adam! Afro Justin here... I drove your *ss to the OC2 venue in my jeep every day. I moved up to Washington back in August, so I'm close to Canada. I think the other guys (Dark Mike and them) still wanna go up there too. We need to play. I'm a hell of a lot better than I was before. Get your "I lost to Pikachu" johns ready, and hit me up some time.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
yo noob king! Adam! Afro Justin here... I drove your *ss to the OC2 venue in my jeep every day. I moved up to Washington back in August, so I'm close to Canada. I think the other guys (Dark Mike and them) still wanna go up there too. We need to play. I'm a hell of a lot better than I was before. Get your "I lost to Pikachu" johns ready, and hit me up some time.
Get your I lost to Ganon Johns ready :chuckle:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Werd. I've been wanting to get back in contact with you guys for a while. Tell Dark Mike I want that pic he has of me and KillaOR posing @ 0C2. ROFL

YOU NEED TO COME TO OUR TOURNAMENT!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88947

booshk

Smash Lord
Maybe it wasn't you I challenged to a wireframe MM, but I did challenge someone a while back, can't remember who. I thought it was you, cause you kept reminding me about it.
want to mm for one daWLaz advanced slob picks? best 2/3 or 3/5 ur choice

Top Bottom