• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
JoWii... I don't want to get stranded halfway to Dallas, lol.

They still remember you as that Kirby that ***** Melee1 though, haha.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
JoWii... I don't want to get stranded halfway to Dallas, lol.

They still remember you as that Kirby that ***** Melee1 though, haha.

We won't get stranded,...but if we happen to see that UFO place we passed last time, we're getting down for pictures.

Amazing though that that's still how they remember me. GET 3-STOCK'd MELEE1!! Lmao.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So when are we getting together this week? Wednesday works best for me as usual, but I can also do Tuesday. I'll just show up later and won't be able to be there for as long.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Tuesday is the Chadsters bday, so if there's anything it's going to be on Wednesday.

@JoWii - dude, don't you remember? It's impossible to take pictures of that thing. It jams all electronic devices and is a black hole for light.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh yeah, and I can't make Mizuumicon. I have a film shoot that weekend.

The only way I might be able to go is if my shoot is on Sunday and we just stay for the day, but that's not taking other homework into account.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, and I can't make Mizuumicon. I have a film shoot that weekend.

The only way I might be able to go is if my shoot is on Sunday and we just stay for the day, but that's not taking other homework into account.
pron film imo

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He'll make a musical piece out of the orgasm and moans of pleasure, and then title it "Doggy Style" in honor of Disney's love of furries.

Also, if I go to Mizumi it's definitely going to be only a one day event. The place closes pretty early anyway.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That title isn't nearly misleading enough Espy, it has to be like a giant euphemism of a title... something like...

Little Willie, the Blood-Engorged Mayonnaise Cannon

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Tuesday is the Chadsters bday, so if there's anything it's going to be on Wednesday.

@JoWii - dude, don't you remember? It's impossible to take pictures of that thing. It jams all electronic devices and is a black hole for light.
Oh god you're right I totally forgot...Well...****. Maybe we can falcon punch it?

So is there going to be a smashfest on Wed.??

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Alright, well... who all is planning on coming to Phase 6? JoWii has offered to drive and he's going to have 3 seats available/open. We're planning on leaving early on Friday (around 330, 4 at the latest) so that we have ample time to smash and sleep before the tournament. If people from downtown (Chris, etc) join us, we can rendezvous at Jordan's place instead of at JoWii's place so it's not as far. I have housing for us already, and I know Bwett/Zac are going to be holding a smash fest with San Angelo present :)

Best get this out of the way, ASAP. Jordan/Hylian, if you're coming, it would be ideal if you asked for that Friday off, unless you travel w/ someone else on Saturday or something.

I guess if we have to leave a LITTLE later to wait for someone we can, I'm not inflexible. I just don't want to leave at like... 11 or something.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This thread makes me so happy.

And definitely count me in for Phase. I don't wanna miss out on this one.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm off Wed, so that works best for me.

Edit: And yeah I'll ask off for Fri/Sat. Save me a seat.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If there is a smashfest on Wednesday, would any of you object to my attendance?

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
I WILL host on wednesday, I will have to leave you all briefly for my soccer game at 9. but should be back by 10ish (indoor games aren't long). Hopefully awesomeness withdrawals don't set in that quickly.

So Wednesday, my place, show up whenever you'd like (anytime after 3pm).

And all are welcome of course. If it's not a pain to bring a Wii please do, we can get all 3 tv's up and running.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Thank you for hosting and happy birthday, Chad.

I can bring a Wii, but I would like to get some replays this time. Does anyone oppose running Brawl through HBC or is that sort of thing taboo in Texas?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang... we could totally leave at 330 on Friday then... ****.
That's effin' sweet.

Err, I mean that's effin' ZOMGTHEPRINCESSANDTHEFROGISOUTOFTHEATRES sweet.

Joel, yeah, I can give you a ride, as long as you don't mind staying late. I'll probably leave sometime between midnight and 1:30ish.

SPC, Homebrew's not taboo, haha. I was hoping to get some replays, anyway. ;P

EDIT--Juan, I thought you said you get out of class the same time as me on Friday. I get out at 2, sucka.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I do get out at 2, but I also have to take the bus home to get my car, lol, then drive home, get all my **** together, then leave for Jordan's.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Speaking of... I'll probably be at Chad's on Wed. sometime right after 3. Don't know when I'll actually be able to play though, depends on how much progress I make on my accounting homework :\

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Happy birthday Chad!!!!

Top Bottom