• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have been interested in learning GG for quite awhile. Sethlon showed me some stuff at his house earlier in the year after a tournament, but I don't remember much of it :/. I never really got around to trying to learn it lol. Let me know if you guys decide to meet up at some point :).

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
only if we play brawl after >>

I'm in Dobie center. You? I was thinking about joining the smash club, I figure it'll give me some prespective on the competition in UT.
I stay in west campus, at the Texan. I dont really see the smash club as a real club as all they do is play smash for like 6 hours and call it a meeting, but then again thats all id really want out of them.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I found another tournament on campus for Dec 1st. That one has prizes. I'll give more info once i find out.

I used to live in Dobie. Fun place. Anyway, I'm usually free most days. Thursday was when most of us could meet.

I was thinking Thursday after 5 would be perfect since I can at least make an appearence at my team meeting. If ya'll get anything going before then let me know.

DaJib

Smash Rookie
I'm free (and my place is available) thursday after 4 and all of friday. Just let me know when/where you all want to meet.

Yeah the club doesn't seem like they do much, but its just more people to play with so whatevs.

Kal

Smash Champion
I stay in west campus, at the Texan. I dont really see the smash club as a real club as all they do is play smash for like 6 hours and call it a meeting, but then again thats all id really want out of them.
I don't know what else to expect out of a club. A Chess club would mostly just gather and play Chess, wouldn't it?

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
I used to be in the chess club in my middle school and we would discuss strategy and how to avoid common lockouts and such. I figured they would be about getting each other better and showing others common tactics like shorthopping and roll punishing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I used to be in the chess club in my middle school and we would discuss strategy and how to avoid common lockouts and such. I figured they would be about getting each other better and showing others common tactics like shorthopping and roll punishing.
Um...lol.

I think almost anyone would rather play as it would be more benificial.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I would love hearing about strategy for several hours while the systems are idling. Why else go to a meeting? :p

But really, the only reason they are a "club" is to get free usage of university buildings. Though the Welch auditorium is a strange place to play smash. Guess its just me.

Anywho, DaJib, how many TV's do you have access too? With more then 3 people, it would help to have more set ups. I can bring a wii, just can't bring a TV.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Double post because I can.

We are playing Thursday at 5. If you want to meet earlier, you'll have to find a game yourself. Otherwise, we can just meet at 5. If you can, call me and we can meet somewhere. And I'll be at the Mill lab on the 5th floor of the business building till 5 if you want to come by and say hi. :)

Oh no!!!! Hylian got banned. Great, now what are we going to do. I guess we could go save him. I wonder where they take the banned people....

DaJib

Smash Rookie
I have one tv and a 19 inch computer monitor that has an avi input that can be used.

My controllers are in various states of disparity tho. lol
1 Fully working wavebird
1 fully working gamecube controller
1 fully working gamecube controller, the rubber thing on the control stick slipped off once and may do it again, but it seems ok.
1 GC controller with a f-ed up c stick and an analog stick that drifts left slightly
1 Wavebird who's Z doesnt work
I GC that is f-ed beyond any and all uses

After all of those, I really don't feel like buying any more since my roommates and I break them so easily.

5 works for me, just text me 8176021138 and ill tell you how to get to my suite.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Hylian, the smash club generally has one tv set up for 1v1 brawl sometimes a second for ffa, the rest is dedicated to melee. So while you wait watching pikachu spammers duke it out something could be accomplished.

DaJib, ill give you a text/call around 3 tomorrow, we can play for awhile.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Double post because I can.

We are playing Thursday at 5. If you want to meet earlier, you'll have to find a game yourself. Otherwise, we can just meet at 5. If you can, call me and we can meet somewhere. And I'll be at the Mill lab on the 5th floor of the business building till 5 if you want to come by and say hi. :)

Oh no!!!! Hylian got banned. Great, now what are we going to do. I guess we could go save him. I wonder where they take the banned people....
I'm not banned.

Don't double post >_<.

Edit: I've been to the smash club before. I played melee almost the entire time. I really didn't want to play brawl with them lol.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Your name said you were banned.

I'm sorry :( . Never got a warning before.

Anyway, I may be able to make it a little earlier then 5. I'll let you know before I show up.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
dude, just see if you can get it for sure.

If you have a tournament, they will come.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
dude, just see if you can get it for sure.

If you have a tournament, they will come.
dude im not going to waste my time seetin it up cause i dont have a big name on the boards..it would help if hylian would back me, but if he doesnt then ill go ahead and do it myself if i have to cause we need a better scene going on austin

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
dude im not going to waste my time seetin it up cause i dont have a big name on the boards..it would help if hylian would back me, but if he doesnt then ill go ahead and do it myself if i have to cause we need a better scene going on austin
I'm going to be in Oklahoma this weekend, but when I get back we'll talk about it.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
haha i was just saying that austin is so uneventful that if you post a tourney going on, many people would jump onboard.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Last time I held a tournament here more people from Houston and Dallas showed up then from austin >_<.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Since everyone is online, should i bring my laptop for Brawl+, replays and stuff today? I'll bring the sd card, but it just has Brawl + stuff enabled right now.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
-flails about and runs around- I go to ACC, SAC campus. >_> If there's a tournament being set up or might be planned, lemme know because that's one of the main reasons I am searching through the forums.
=D

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
I cant believe i never thought about smashboarding through class until yesterday, this day flew by...

Anyway, im gonna go home and drop some **** off, but ill be giving you a txt soon dajib.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Blehz, I just found out about the Oh Snap tourny in OK, pondering which road trip to take...both are around 6 hrs anyways but one is for smash....

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Blehz, I just found out about the Oh Snap tourny in OK, pondering which road trip to take...both are around 6 hrs anyways but one is for smash....
Do you want to carpool with me? I would love for someone to come so we could share gas.

I am leaving Friday so let me know by tonight.
Is that you going crazy locking threads in the Metaknight forum Hylian?
No, it's not. I generally post when I close a thread.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Frown. Tell whoever it is I said thanks, lol.
I saw your reported posts and went to close stuff, but apparently someone else is watching that forum closly haha.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hey Hylian, um...I'd really like to carpool up there with you and if you want we can take my car, a 6hr drive is around 30-40 dollars of gas for me but if your's is better it's whatever. PM me or something..

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey Hylian, um...I'd really like to carpool up there with you and if you want we can take my car, a 6hr drive is around 30-40 dollars of gas for me but if your's is better it's whatever. PM me or something..
I'm so glad I made this thread ^_^.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
XD I am too! This is my second Brawl tournament, the first being in a Gamestop so...-shudders- That was a lame one. =D I just have trouble deciding who to main!

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Texas should take Oh Snap easily. GL to Hylian and JoWii anyways.

I'm free to play anytime today. I really don't want to work on this project all day, so someone please save me and lets play smash. Let me know if you want to play.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
i have to redeem myself from yesterday, ill play with you. Send me a text when you get this.

Top Bottom