• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
I want a rivalry... :(

but it needs to be someone that works out and is muscular, so that we can get all puffy and vascular with flexing while we are yelling at one another...

I just got a chubb.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good stuff from Hobo PhantomX, Hylian. Not sure if there was anyone from Austin there, so if I missed, you, my bad.

PhantomX placing worse than Bassem? New Best Wario in South West?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zigsta was there.

We didn't get to play Ziggy. :(
I know, dude. XD I was honestly so out of it for a lot of HOBO, haha. Next tourney we gotta get Brawl, Pokemon, and BB friendlies in and make up for it. :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay, so I got the thumbs up for a tournament at my house.

How does September 26th sound to you guys? Good? Maybe another weekend with a bigger turnout?

If anything, it'll be $5 per event or something like that, unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Also, needs a good name. I thought SAntonios sounded silly, and I'm too lame to come up with a decent name.

I'll probably just call it something boring like Lil' SAnti
Just letting Austin know about this. I don't expect it to be too big.

Once I get a date 100% settled, I'll come in here and inform you guys, and probably make a small thread about it in the SW section.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Haha Magik is beating me to all the threads.

There is a $100 pot bonus for Brawl and Street Fighter 4. Of course we has more than ample housing and mexican food.

If Pozer still reads...

there will be BB!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
@ Chaotic--Not to my knowledge. I'm not driving, at least, haha.

@ Espy--If UT doesn't have a football game on that day, I'll probably come and bring anyone else from ATX who's willing to come with me.

@ Magik--That would be a looooong drive, haha. Once the date gets closer, I'll know if I'll have time to come.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
This here aint no american football.

Its TEXAS football. Big difference.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just found out about a Brawl tournament, everybody. I know UT tournaments are pretty much epic fail, but hey, why not? At worst we can get in matches with each other.

Friday, Sept 11, 2009 (TOMORROW) at 7:30 PM
UTC 4.102
$5 entry fee
Singles and Doubles
Bring your own controller (duh)

Here's the rules I found online:

Singles:
1v1
2 stock
3 minutes
Sudden death not counted-- decision by percentage
Best 2 out of 3 matches
Final Match-- 3 stock, no time limit
Single Elimination
No items
No pause
Stage is agree or unsafe random
Byes are possible/likely
No infinite combos-- you know who you are!
No stalling for time!
No cheating!

Doubles:
2v2
3 stock
4 minutes
Sudden death (unlikely to occur in doubles) not counted-- decision by percentage/player count
Best 2 out of three matches
Final Match-- 4 stock, no time limit
Single Elimination
Team Attack ON!
No items
No pause
Stage is agree or unsafe random
Byes are possible
No infinite combos-- you know who you are!
No stalling for time!
No cheating!

Two stock, three minutes...wut. As far as "unsafe random" goes, I dunno what the hell they mean. I just know I'm not agreeing to FD. XD

I think I'll just start Squirtle and 2 stock nubs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
3 stock
4 minutes
Sudden death (unlikely to occur in doubles) not counted-- decision by percentage/player count
I lol'd.

Unless the matches are ALWAYS total blowouts or everyone SDs twice in every game, this will happen A LOT.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Espy... you don't seem to understand how bad most of the competition is at UT.
This. Last year this group held a Brawl setup where you challenged their best on a random stage...with five stocks. I played some Jiggs who used no more than 10 aerials on me the whole time. And I was a freaking Charizard.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I might just show up to this. Depending on the prize i might stay and win that. Otherwise, I'll say hi to everyone and leave early.

I'll be on campus due to group meetings friday. Chris, if you want to play after like 3 or so, let me know. I'll probably stay on campus after my meeting and work on somethings till the tournament.

Doesn't look like Egads tournament, but its probably still on projectors. Snake + projector = instant win.

Oh and i'm officially announcing I'm going to camp whenever I play olimar for now on. Sorry guys.

Top Bottom