• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shaun, I think it's safe to say your version of "playful and energetic" are different from most of ours.
Well, yeah. Not sure if you noticed, but I wasn't exactly the most sociable person when I first met you guys.
Can't really tell what you think is normal if you aren't telling me what you think is normal, y'know?

BTW. BoxerRaider and The Pounder have 2 votes each now. Things are heating up?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
In the tournament I mentioned, it actually turned out to be fairly okay. 3 stocks each, and it was very loosely "timed" at 4 minutes (which normally would be bad but it wasn't really a problem in this one) just so that they could keep their schedule, but actually they ended up being way ahead of schedule on everything. There was one pretty good guy in my bracket who I lost to, he played Wolf and did lots of c-sticking... caught me off guard. >_< Then I won the rest, played him again, and he chose Olimar (aka the bane of my existance) and I lost. Both matches were really close in the end but w/e. So I placed 5th (or 8th?) I think there were around 50-60 people in it?

Mustafa can tell you how he did. :p

Edit: And lol, we posted at exactly the same time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
"Normal" is just a social term to relate to the mass/mainstream. I will gladly admit that my tastes of "playful and energetic" are geared in that direction as opposed to yours. You looking at those words just rings a different meaning on Brinstar compared to me.

Here is something I'd consider playing on Halberd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyfiN3QRjE

Personally, it has the energy of being "rushed", and pace of Halberd.

Anyways, Alex and I attended this UT club sponsored Smash tourney. Rules were 3 stock, 4 minute, whoever has more damage in the end wins. Wasn't really hard on my end. Played a nice Luigi I'd consider recruiting to our fests. Falco I played in the finals knew how to chain grab, but wasn't as good as the Luigi player IMO.

I think my fav match was going Falco against some Ike player. Just chain grab > spiked him lmao.

Prizes...well....I got a giftcard for 7 free smoothies at smoothie king, PS Vita Sunglasses (they had a Sony spokes person there), a random shirt, and some other misc things.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I plan too. I got some names down, so I'll talk to them through facebook and what not later.

Also, my roomie is selling an unopen 3DS for 100. He's not gonna put it on craig's list yet, so let me know if any of you are interested.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Olimar (aka the bane of my existance)
This will change.

"Normal" is just a social term to relate to the mass/mainstream. I will gladly admit that my tastes of "playful and energetic" are geared in that direction as opposed to yours. You looking at those words just rings a different meaning on Brinstar compared to me.

Here is something I'd consider playing on Halberd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyfiN3QRjE

Personally, it has the energy of being "rushed", and pace of Halberd.
Halberd feels very dark/technology-oriented and invites songs that imply domination or control. The movement and sinister feeling would make it a good candidate for Halberd.
I'd probably put it on Brinstar though, if only because it feels more organic than technological (which would be closer to satisfied by Brinstar; movement, sinister feeling, organic).

This is all just my current interpretation of the song and stages, of course.

Anyways, Alex and I attended this UT club sponsored Smash tourney. Rules were 3 stock, 4 minute, whoever has more damage in the end wins. Wasn't really hard on my end. Played a nice Luigi I'd consider recruiting to our fests. Falco I played in the finals knew how to chain grab, but wasn't as good as the Luigi player IMO.
Ooh, Luigi? You never really see THOSE anymore. ^_^

Also, my roomie is selling an unopen 3DS for 100. He's not gonna put it on craig's list yet, so let me know if any of you are interested.
I might be interested. You've verified that it is actually unopened?
Also, what color?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's black (not zelda edition, just black) and yeah, I held the box in my hands. Don't you already have one? Planning to re-sell it?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not at all. My sister's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of getting her one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, sure. Like I said, it's black. He actually did put it on craig's list as well for 150. So ya, let me know ASAP. I can pay it for you, and then you can pay me back when we meet up at a fest, since that would be the quickest way to ensure you get it if you're interested.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, I'm confused. Is he selling it for 150 or 100?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, I see. I'll let you know ASAP.

If I did decide to do so, I would like to come out and inspect the 3DS itself before committing to a purchase.
No offense is intended, I'm just very strict about conducting purchases on products that are being sold person-to-person, even if they're still unopened.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Alright, well if he manages to sell it on Craig's list first, I'll let you know. Ideal scenario could be that I hold it for you, and if you don't want it, I get my money back from him...not sure how he'd react to that though LOL.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Nah, that's fine.
If he's already being nice enough to offer to sell it to someone you know at a reduced price, it would be quite cruel to jerk him around like that.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Actually, Mustafa, could you get on AIM for a sec whenever you see this?
If I'm not on, just assume that I went to bed.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
@ Mustafa - I kept saying things that I understood could sound REALLY shady and mistrustful, but please understand that I'm trying to protect my own interests while still working toward something that your friend would find acceptable.

@ Everyone else - I'll most likely be going to the fest Saturday now. I might be coming later than I normally do (which shouldn't be that bad, considering that I usually arrive like... an hour early to fests I drive to), but I'll almost certainly be there.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Had to wake up at 6:30 after a night of restless sleep. Already feeling loopy.
Day's looking AWESOME.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ehh I'm not lugging my tv over there if its just 2 people. As of now I'm not going but if anyone else decides to go, let me know.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So... Just realized that today's Easter. I'm probably going to hell.

On the bright side, they'll probably be repeating "The Ten Commandments" all day.

EDIT: Joel, please host something next weekend. :<

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
OH GOD, I FORGOT TO VOTE.

Well, three way tie between BoxerRaider, PantryRaider, and The Pounder.
Take your pick, Joel. =P

Top Bottom