• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
eh i don't think i have walked that far from jester

man that is further than ufo arcade! by like a street! and idk how close it is to speedway!

hi. i am delx and i am mediocre at brawl but it is not the hardest game so whatever, I could maybe take 1-2 stock off of a pro. even though I prefer melee and marvel, I can find brawl fun sometimes, and I am a pretty firm believe that the mods to brawl are pretty cool [i prefer them in the order of minus, pm, plus]

i enjoy playing samus, ddd, wolf, metaknight, ganondorf, fox, falco, g&w but my friend mains gw so I don't play him too often, and uhh idk.

freshman at ut austin, rooming in jester. i dont like walking that much, especially with how hot it can be lately.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Actually my roommate really likes brawl, not the most hardcore into it but he does enjoy it. My GW friend on the other hand isn't the biggest fan of brawl tho lol, we're going to check out the big thing on 11/21 though.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wow, you sound JUST like Ricky with the "I hate walking" and Marvel talk.
Chris usually picks him up, though. He lives on-campus, too. (not volunteering him; I'm willing to drive people, too)

Brawl can be pretty difficult against the right opponent. A lot of people think it's incredibly basic going in, though (myself included).
But then I fought Espy and PhantomX. It was painful.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
well I know how it feels like to be completely outclassed, outplayed, etc. it's a simple enough game execution-wise, I should say. a ton of the game is focused on positioning though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
True.
...unless you're Joel trying to JC reverse Usmash or BDACUS with Falco. :awesome:

Almost 3 AM and Jnig's lurkin'.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Ziggy, Code Gayass is boring as hell, I wouldn't have recommended it. It tries too hard to be serious, but the themes never fully engage you. It has its moments, but it's certainly not as Politically Dramatic as they'd hoped. Ledouche is a lame character too, which really dampens the overall show.

But you never having seen FLCL is unforgivable. If there's ever a show that makes less sense while making perfect sense, I haven't seen it. From the art styles, the surreal plot, the childhood versus adulthood themes, and one of the best soundtracks around by The Pillows, 6 episodes wasn't enough.

/meatride

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah Delx, I've been picking up Polt and Gova outside Brazos since it's hot as balls outside. Once it cools down, they'll take the bus.

At this point, I'm not gonna watch Gayass R2. XD

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You should watch Excel Saga instead, Chris.
Ths sub, not the dub.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, that's slightly disappointing. lol

FLCL's dub is good though so it doesn't matter if you watch it dubbed or subbed.

Kal

Smash Champion
Zigsta, I've spoken to José and we're going to move the November 12th event to ensure that we don't interfere with your Brawl event. Thus, some sort of merger seems to be in the clear.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
AWESOME. I'm down to merge with you guys then. I can organize Brawl stuff until December.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Damn, it's nice out today.
You wouldn't walk in this, Delx?

Suspect

Smash Hero
I like how soon as I point out that that facebook page of Poltergust is fake I get deleted and my comment removed lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It is NOT nice out today.

Mike2 going innnnnnnnnnnn.

What's the word on that tourney this weekend? We going? Fox versus Fox, no items, Final Destination?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Was so happy to see 17 new notifications on my facebook.

:(
Too legit, only when I post, no one comments and when it's my birthday, everyone posts on my wall that I don't check and don't call or text me like they SHOULD. *coughszigstacough*

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Come to think of it, you guys always seem fine in Chris' apartment when I'm freezing my *** off.
No wonder you would complain about heat on a day I find to be "nice".

Mike2

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, you guys always seem fine in Chris' apartment when I'm freezing my *** off.
No wonder you would complain about heat on a day I find to be "nice".
Yea my mom is like that. She's constantly cold. It sucks because she always turns off the air.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, I don't think you understand how it works. When that thread it open it focuses all of them there, away from us. Now that it's closed we have to deal with more of it.

Top Bottom